I approached my gym crush .....

Options

Replies

• Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    most of the guys I know prefer that he approach the lady himself. at least the Arkansas men do. they get caught off guard by a lady approaching. sometimes when guys are working out in the gym they are focused on that and don't expect a lady to approach them.
    guys are very unpredictable it is hard to know what signals mean they like you. I just let a guy approach me its his job to lead.
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just try to be yourself & let it play out... good luck!
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Ok, can't be bothered to read all of it...
    Are you f@@king him yet or what??
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    I wanna know what's happened!!!

I had a gym crush when I was in Utah, overheard him saying he would never date a girl if she hadn't watched all episodes of Star Wars. Then he and his friend discussed whether that meant episodes 4-6 or included 1-3 (didn't find out the conclusion, I moved on to different equipment). After hearing that I was smitten. But did nothing. I wish I had, if not for anything other than fun.
  • Peachoid
    Peachoid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a gym crush, rather I am someone's gym crush. He's a trainer and he is cute. Way younger to me and very direct about his admiration. Looks straight at me, wherever I am working out and stands there with a big smile. I catch him looking at me many times, way too many times. I think I picked up on this some 6 months ago and he carries on (relentlessly). Its adorable and a bit much all at the same time. He knows I work out with my husband. My husband has picked on it and so have some of his buddies but it doesnt seem to affect him. Its amusing. I am flattered - he is cute, young, very fit, chatty, popular and looks like a real nice guy. I am a married, older woman, who isnt the best 'anything' in the gym... there are so many other women/girls who dress better, are fitter, nicer looking and I look very ordinary in comparison. I am surprised he zeroes in on me the way he does, in no subtle way. Although its not intrusive, it is distracting.
    I am not interested in him - I am married and happy and not looking for anything. He sees my lack of interest and when I don't respond to his smiles, gets disappointed, I can see that. I feel sorry for him. He can do so much better. It will be wrong of me to lead him on. I am told most men look for their moms in the woman they like (I may resemble his mom). Psychologically it is a strong pull if that is the case. But let me not psycho analyze him.
    I wish him well and hope he finds what he is looking for. (thank God I am older and wiser and my knees don't weaken easily anymore).
  • mrenville
    Options
    Hmmm...sounds like he is attracted to you or at the very least admires the way you workout. But you having tried to strike up conversation without success seems like maybe he is taken. My suggestion, for what it's worth, take it slow and try for friendship just at the gym for starters. Maybe try to leave at the same time and strike up conversation on the way out...Good luck
  • napkinpoem
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE6h3N0mYD47SHKxhbPjQhgl0YXOgeLRgM-Z-WotmZGaiMehlGBw

hahahah
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Can't wait to hear what happens!
  • esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So I was at the gym today....he saw me I saw him then as I was walking by he immediatly took off his earbuds and I took off mine. He introduced himself immediatly and so did I we talked for a bit, and then I said I see you around. We were both working on back today so we worked out pretty much together. As I was putting up my dumbells he said, "your are leaving already?" I said, yes. I gave him my number, he send me a text later and then we had a late lunch. He said he is normally shy and that he felt bad because last week he didn't introduce himself. :tongue:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    So I was at the gym today....he saw me I saw him then as I was walking by he immediatly took off his earbuds and I took off mine. He introduced himself immediatly and so did I we talked for a bit, and then I said I see you around. We were both working on back today so we worked out pretty much together. As I was putting up my dumbells he said, "your are leaving already?" I said, yes. I gave him my number, he send me a text later and then we had a late lunch. He said he is normally shy and that he felt bad because last week he didn't introduce himself. :tongue:

Success!!!!!

:drinker: :)
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Ooooh he just texted me and said, "he would definitely would like to see me again."
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Whomp whomp
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mhs4fwUS431qzxiar.gif

LMAO :laugh:

LMAO:laugh:
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yayyy! Finally, resolution on an anecdote that *cough* straddled many obstacles :tongue:
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    You should watch the movie "He's just not that into you"
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Yay! :drinker: :heart:
  • andi_montes
    andi_montes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OMG! Yay, woo hoo!! :}