12 week get ready for summer!!

Options

Replies

• crodri23
    crodri23 Posts: 1
    Options
    This is GREAT! I just joined myfitnesspal today with the help of a friend! I would love to join the 12 week program.
    I'm Christina and I am from Delaware. I got laid off from my job in early February so no in between searching for a new job I should have some time to exercise and take better care of myself!
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to do this. I'd love to have 15 pounds gone by then, that would bring me down to 174. Then I'd like to have another 15 gone by September, my goal weight of 159, total lost of 140
  • pat9278
    pat9278 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started using MFP this week. I would love to join, I can use all the help I can get. I've been trying to lose the last 15 lbs. for over a year but the scale won't budge. Thanks for offering to help!
  • SarrySunshine80
    SarrySunshine80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm keen! I'm 156lb at the mo. Want to get back to 147. It got there Dec 2012 but then Christmas happened, a damaged foot from new year training and 2 nasty colds! I'm just getting back into training and I'm back on MFP with gusto! Your week 1 suggestions are great - I'm going to concoct a Rainbow Salad (I think I've got most colours covered!). I look forward to being inspired by you and the others on this feed.
  • ibf1969
    ibf1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi

i want to lose 1-2 stone finding it impossible lose 2lb then put on 3 like only plain food can you advise or help?

Thanks
  • megancbarrett83
    megancbarrett83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Megan. I am up for a 12 week challenge. I am 3 weeks into MFP at this point and have lost 11 lbs. I am about to enter a very stressful 6 weeks of my life- studying and preparing to take my boards to become a Nurse Practitioner while working full-time as an ER nurse (which doesn't allow for the best eating/nutrition environment- always on the go and running around and starving for hours at times). I look forward to any insight you have about nutrition and exercise, but also how to make it a priority while there are other major things going on in life that may revert people to emotional eating and fatigue. Look forward to hearing from you.

Megan
  • ThisChikNik
    Options
    Count me in...I'm 5'4'' 177lb right now looking to lose 30 by my graduation in August :)
  • Gigib64
    Gigib64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I have changed the way I was eating about 2 weeks ago and while the scale has gone down some, I find I need a little challenge and camaraderie to help along the way. Let's GO!
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yep! Count me in :)
  • awkwardpear
    awkwardpear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm Pear - I've been with MFP for a few months now and did loose a bit of weight initially, but lost my motivation for a while. But it's back and I'm ready to get back on track! I currently way somewhere between 130-140 pounds, and my goal for the next 12 weeks is to get as close to 120 as I can (but really, all I care about is looking better in a swim suit.) Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing you achieve your goals!
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    Count me in! It will be my first time in a 'group'. I'm 50 yrs, 5'7", SW:152, CW:146, GW:136. I'm looking to lose the excess around my middle, hips and thighs. Also to improve my cardio and lower body. I work out at home and when it's not icy I walk, run and bike outside. Today is my 40th day on MFP. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in too...I'm 5'4. current weight 156 , goal weight by June 1st 138.....Ultimate goal weight is 130- 135
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12925-mike-h-12-week-summer-challenge-group

Join the Group and check out the topics. Have a great ST. Patricks Day. Ill check in periodically monday I'll be back on a more regular basis.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm in - thanks for doing this!

I have had trouble losing and keeping weight off since I quit smoking in 2009, but I'm determined to keep a healthier lifestyle. I had been working out 3 to 4 days a week, but life got in the way and I fell off the bandwagon.

Part of my issues with weight is the changes due to my age. I'm 49, soon to be 50. Things slow down for sure at that age but I refuse to allow that to be an excuse. I'll just have to be more patient and work harder. No excuses.

I'm at an all time high weight of 158 with an ultimate goal weight of 135. I'm 5'4".

Really looking forward to this! Thanks again!
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!! I just started New Rules of Lifting for women (1st workout done today).
    I have a dance recital in 8 weeks (like to be down 8 pounds for) and then....well summer is coming!!!
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm joining the group as well! I'm in a wedding in October as maid of honor and want to loose about 25 pounds before then. I have some friends who work out with me but they don't seem as serious about it as I do, so I decided to join an online group. This seems do-able.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    If you started a group, I'd like to be invited please :)
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I cant wait to hear about all the great advice everyone has to share!!!! Thank you!
  • tiggersized55
    Options
    count me in too and yes im interested in the at home work-out.
    willing to give it my best shot. Im 55 with thyroid issues so me and my metabolism are ALWAYS fighting!
    Need motivation and a challenge..... also daughter gettting married in Aug and I NEED to look and FEEL great !

:flowerforyou:

add me for friend too .
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am up for it! I have a 75 km backpacking trip that I am going on in July... and really need to get off 30-40 lbs. At this time I feel like I am getting nowhere with dropping the weight...