Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tamara-- glad your son is feeling better and that you spent some nice mama time with your lil' girl. Precious memories you're making, my friend. And thanks for your kind words.

Had a nice 4 mile run. I love the moment when it hits me, "Ehhh-- I've got this. Piece of cake." Sometimes it's not until halfway through when I finally get into a zone. It's not usually in doubt that I can finish, but the "slam-dunk" feeling isn't always there. Tonight, it was just before I hit two miles.

Curiously, it was at about the same time that this cute little teen girl totally BLEW by me. (in the cutest little running outfit I'd ever seen) I probably had her by at least 30 pounds AND 30 years. And before I know what hit me, she flew up the hill I was plodding up, zipped around the corner and was out of sight before I even hit the corner.

I thought, "Ya know, Good. For. Her!!" May this young lady NEVER find her in a position of having to lose 50 pounds. May she always enjoy the mental, spiritual and emotional benefits of this lovely sport.

And as I'm pondering all of this, I hit the two mile mark, realized I was "in a zone" and I knew the run was in the bag.

Heading to type-- have a great night, my friends.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Marla - No worries. She probably farted and was trying to get away from the smell. You're amazing friend!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I am 100% exhausted! I got in a run this AM wih a little walk with the dog afterward, burned about 600 calories there. Weigh in is tomorrow so I figured I'd come home and do something else, a walk or a video or something.

WHAT WAS I THINKING? Waterparks are steps and steps and steps and did I mention steps? OMG! I'm pooped! I was watching the kids in the pool after dinner so I decided instead of laying in the hammock (which is what I wanted to do) that I would get in the pool. If I never thought I was a runner, I think I'm even less of a swimmer, but I got in and did my thing and kicked around for about 30 minutes. It's really all I could muster.

A few observations about water parks and people and bathing suits. Wow. There should be rules against some of what I saw today. It's somewhat of an eye opener. I am hard on myself, I see all the flaws I have and make them worse. I can say I saw VERY few people with the body image I have in my head that I would like for myself. Very few. Almost none my age, that's for sure. There is a lot of floof out there my friends. A lot. Wow once again.

We packed food, even though technically you aren't supposed to take it in with you, we did anyway. I sat and ate chicken breast and an apple and watched others with rolls hanging over their bathing suit bottoms eat fries, burgers and pizza and felt pretty good about myself.

I have some stuff I want to share with my team about calories, etc, etc, I will try and get to it this weekend. I think about it every time I hear one of you talking about how much to eat. It's good stuff.

Anyway, for now, I think I might fall asleep sitting here, so it is time to call it a night. Another early morning to get in my exercise before another beach day...... my sister's vacation is making me tired!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    will be back later gotta go get gas before the gym
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :smile: good morning everyone....... got to see my grandkids last night............so cute.....goal for the day ....stick with the program...woke up this morning stomach growling..........I think it is in detox from the carb overload it got last week.......I thought , that is a good sound it is trying to tell you . you are back on board.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Bit late getting here today.

Have made a Fathers Day craft with the little ones this morning - we have made CD Picture frames. They have drawn on some card and then I have placed a picture of them on the card and placed it in the front of the cd case, finally I have written Happy Fathers Day on the case.

They are now having an early lunch, before they have their naps. I might try to do some work on my essay if they go to sleep.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    double post
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I told him if nothing else, he knows that he's loved. That our kicking him out is because he is loved. OH-- funny-- he also said that although he'd heard since age 14 the old line, "You pull this crap when you're 18, buddy, and you're OUTTA here," he never believed we'd actually do it. My friends, I don't bluff. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. Heck-- even YOU all know this about me, and you don't even "KNOW" me. How can this kid whose known me all his life, been disciplined by me all his life NOT know that I'll follow through IF FOR NO OTHER REASON than to NOT lose my credibility?

But, that which does not kill us only makes us, what???

you got it-- STRONGER!!! (sorry, Jeannie-- there I go, answering the question again-- )

Later, my peeps. Love to all.

Stronger!! :angry: :grumble:

<Marla....I quoted the above because I want to tell you MY take on this

Your rules also apply to YOU..............THAT my friend is what makes you an honest, credible, loving mother/person/friend/sister/wife/daughter.

When you said you were going to run I thought "Is she crazy??:noway: She has arthritis in her......well whole dang body, bloated like a puffer fish, pain everywhere.........and I do not think you had insurance at the time, so no meds if I am correct???
    You had all these issues going on including putting food on the table..................and she is going to RUN???

EDIT_computer went caploooey

Anyway..........you DID run................you ran and you ran.........cold, rain, heat............like the US Postal Service, you kept on going. And then, THEN................ran in a 5k.........seriously??? Who IS this woman??

That is when I fell in love with you. Decided all my friends had to be like you. Dont have anyone to hang out with any more, but ^shrugs^ oh well :laugh:

So Marla May.............you may have your heartbroken right now with David (and do not worry about Aaron, he is NORMAL!) He will come around...............he will find his way...........because YOU are his mother and have showed him what can be accomplished when you believe in yourself and do it! (ok NIKE dont sue me ok?)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    As for everyone else. Sorry-I have put myself on time limit for computer given my neck pain. I went off the myriad of pain pills the doctors have me on to see how bad it seriously is. I was WAY too dependent on popping a pill at first notice of pain, and this is not who I have been my entire life. I didnt do pills when all my friend were doing them. I was actually the designated driver/babysitter before it was popular :laugh:

So prayers for biopsies, smiles for grandkids being around, cudos for runs and walks and swims accomplished.

Love for all of you..........you have NO idea how you are in my head!! There is not a day that goes by when I do not think of one of you duriing my daily activities.

Love, Jeannie :heart:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Had a great work out in spin class, 771 calories burned..yippee..Daughter wants to go back for water day so i may go run for a little bit the the treadmil and do something just to pass the time by..Since I have to stay there and all..

Came home saw the post on my brothers wall on facebook about father day and started crying.,...Boy this sunday is gonna be tough..I will work throw it go to work and come home and enjoy my hubby to make him a better father I will wait on him hand and foot.. and possible take him to dinner or make something special for him.

Well I better go take a shower I am smelling something and I guarntee there is no dirty diapers around here..Hope everyone who weighs in on wedsnesday has or has had a great weigh in!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jeannie-- you're so sweet to me. Thank you, my friend.

Well, my day has turned out more unusually than I'd thought-- I'm heading down to Hightstown, New Jersey, 90 minutes away, today with Aaron for his practice round for the U.S. Junior Boy's golf something or other-- and was planning to head home, only to turn around tomorrow and go for his 36 holes of qualifying.

However, hubs put his foot down-- there is a motel near the course, blah, blah, blah-- would make it much easier, he says, on me and Aaron tomorrow-- so, I'm staying there tonight. Go figure.

Much to do to scurry to get ready-- must log in again before midnight tomorrow (shouldn't be a problem) to keep my streak alive. Ha. (the things I think about-- sheesh)

Leaving Faith in charge with neighbors alerted. She's nearly 17-- not a problem.

Must fly-- later my friends-- have a lovely day.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Have fun Marla. Good luck to Aaron.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hi all! I can't believe how busy I have been and the lack of time I have to talk to you. Off to dinner and mini golf. Later!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Lori dont worry about us, have a fabulous time..

I pretty much had a play with jade day today..justin went to work with daddy today..Jade is sound a sleep on the sofa and has been since about 530..she has been very very very good today,..I am proud of her, usually he whines and cries and argues, but today she has been a little princess..We woke up I made her breakfast then we went to the library, we came home she read me 2 book all by herself then we went to mcdonalds and I told her she has to eat all her food before she could play..she tried to wiggle her way out and only eat 3 of her chicken nuggets, well needless to say she ate all four and then went off to play for 45 minutes...Cant remember the last time she has played at mcdonalds...

Oh yeah I do it was Aug 17 2008..The day we had her 4th birthday party there and I decided I was sick and tired of being fat and decided to change, and awla here I am a year and a half later...I am proud of myself...

Tomorrow we are having a potluck at work for our General Manager..friday is his last day..I am bringing a roast..i am not eating anything..strength...ya;ll give me strength..Fridayis weigh in I have to stay right on track...

Off at 2 heading right to the gym to work out to get my last minute workout in, then I have to have my son at the ball field at 445 pm, he has a 530 ball game!! And somewhere in between all that I have to make dinner for everyone!!! So busy busy busy day..

I am gonna go get roast in the crock pot now and make my lunch and get my workout clothes together for tomorrow, so all I have to do it wake up 330 off to gym at 430 workout from 5-6 home at 603 get ready for work, working 7-1 tomorrow then the gym and home and ballfield...Hope it all works out like planned..I wont stay for get together hopefully at work, then I wont be tempted to eat anything!!

Have a fabulous night everyone, I am gonna drink my hot tea and get my stuff together and then call it bed time!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey team-

not dead, just travelling for work this week.
    Still doing well and looking forward to a long weekend so I can get out on my bike.

Marla-I hope to be half the parent you are. It's very rarely easy to do what is right but you obviously know that it's what's best. <3

Jeannie-Not a morning person myself. way to go getting up that early.

Lori-Waterparks...I used to hate them because of the stairs. I think the stairs are more of a bonus now. It's like doing a quick workout and getting a fun slide as a reward! If there was a water slide on the other end of the treadmill I might be more inclined to get on.

Hope you guys are having a great evening. Too much sodium on the road the last two days so I am drinking and trying to detox. Cant wait to feel normal again! lol

<3
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Have walked to school this morning, and have another two 40 minute walks pencilled into my day, and will go on the bike/elliptical later. Didn't get as much exercise done as i would of liked yesterday but did manage to get the first draft of my essay complete.

Two of my children are poorly now, so off to the doctors this morning (thats the first of the other walks - as hubby has my car), and then need to try to get to the supermarket.

Marla - hope everything went and goes ok for Aaron, and hope that you have a good time

Andrew - Good luck with the travelling and eating

Lori - it sounds like your having a great time with your sister, enjoy yourself

Tamara - hope that jade slept ok, and that the potluck goes alright at work

To everyone else, good morning
  • 72lori
    Options
    Supposed to hit the beach one last time with my sister today, they leave tomorrow. I'm sick to say this is a pic a friend of mine shared on Facebook.....
    tar.jpg

It's here. Gooey nasty tar and oil covering our beautiful white beaches. I'm not sure how far east we would have to drive to be in the clear. Makes me sick.

The worst part is, as nasty as this looks, I know it's only going to get worse and worse. The spill has been going on for too long.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Supposed to hit the beach one last time with my sister today, they leave tomorrow. I'm sick to say this is a pic a friend of mine shared on Facebook.....
    tar.jpg

It's here. Gooey nasty tar and oil covering our beautiful white beaches. I'm not sure how far east we would have to drive to be in the clear. Makes me sick.

The worst part is, as nasty as this looks, I know it's only going to get worse and worse. The spill has been going on for too long.

Lori- so sorry about that,,I wish they would get it together and cleaned up so we can get back on with our lives..

well everyone off to work running behind...60 minutes done at gym 670 calories burned thats more then 11 a minute I was booking it..
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hello qute black team..didnt eat anything at the pot luck today I am super proud..did my last minute workout..ready for weigh in , if i gain its not because i didnt eat right..Off to baseball ya'll have a great night!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hello qute black team..didnt eat anything at the pot luck today I am super proud..did my last minute workout..ready for weigh in , if i gain its not because i didnt eat right..Off to baseball ya'll have a great night!!