What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with grilled turkey breast, and garlic roasted brussel sprouts. SO tasty!

577425_10151567596104853_985627863_n.jpg
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :love: :flowerforyou:
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'd love the recipes for the Sweet Potato Burger, Raspberry Protein Fluff and the Peanut Butter Protein Brownies. Thanks!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'd love the recipes for the Sweet Potato Burger, Raspberry Protein Fluff and the Peanut Butter Protein Brownies. Thanks!

The sweet potato burger recipe is here: http://lawstudentscookbook.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/sweet-potato-burger-with-roasted-garlic-cream-sauce/

:)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    s60mfc.jpg

Tonight's dinner :) About 470 calories.
  • mama3gs
    mama3gs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That soup looks awesome, you had me at coconut. I am brand new to this site, is there a recipe sharing section anywhere? Thanks-Amy
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Must...bump....
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    8563148867_14998b2f59.jpg[/url]
    breakfast, semi experiment; warm potato, mixed with charred grape tomatoes, onion, spinach and a tiny crumble of persian feta. Smoked salmon on top, fresh spring onions and pepper.

8557094532_79cfbf8fcf.jpg[/url]
    left over Thai beef salad from a cafe meal, such an enormous serving I couldn't leave it behind.

8557092828_43d0ca7987.jpg[/url]
    Sicilian bruschetta; green olive tapanade, white anchovy fillets and rocket on rye.

8484568666_3794fecb56.jpg[/url]
    home made BLT with cucumber, cheese and a smidge of mayo.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    tumblr_mjsibvpSyi1qih32ko1_500.jpg

vegan gluten free banana blueberry quinoa muffins
    they have flax, hemp, and sunflower seeds
    so delish and so healthy
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Some recent eats, my first attempt at all of these recipes:

1) Raspberry Protein Fluff

It was awesome and ridiculously filling. I couldn't even eat half in one sitting and I was starving.

2) Peanut butter swirl protein brownies

78 calories per serve and very very delicious.

3) Cauliflower pizza crust

This one was so good I forgot to take a shot after I added toppings and baked. I ate it very quickly. The macros were incredible! My new favourite way to have pizza.
    They ALL look amazing, can I get the recipes for each?

Recipes!
    1) Raspberry protein fluff was made using a modified version of this recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/457158-strawberry-jello-protein-fluff

I used raspberry sugar-free jello(-y for Aussies) and frozen raspberries. No egg whites, and added a quarter tsp of guar gum as well. So really, it was:
    1. crush ice in blender
    2. use hand mixer to mix together 1c. crushed ice, 1 packet jello/y, about 1/4c. frozen berries, 1tsp. xantham gum, 1/4tsp guar gum, 1/2 cup skim milk.
    3. Mix on a high speed for 5-8 minutes or so until very thick!

2) Peanut butter swirl protein brownies
    ngredients
    3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
    6 oz. low fat vanilla greek yogurt (could use fat free)
    1/4 cup almond milk (any milk will do)
    1 large egg
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup Splenda
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    5-6 pitted dates
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    30 grams chocolate protein powder

1. Place all of the ingredients except for the peanut butter into a blender or food processor. To make this easier, I started with just the liquid ingredients, then added the rest. Blend until mix is smooth and oats and dates are ground up. You will have to stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times.

2. Mixture will be quite liquid-y. Pour into a greased pan.

3. Melt the peanut butter slightly in the microwave (about 30 seconds). Drop onto the brownie mixture in spoonfuls. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter gently, creating a marbled effect but don't overmix.

4. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 350F (160 or so C) until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting.

and 3) Cauliflower pizza crust

Ingredients:
    1/2 head of cauliflower
    1 egg
    1 cup of skimmed mozzarella cheese
    Fresh oregano and thyme to taste

1. Use a cheese grater to 'rice' the cauliflower.
    2. Microwave cauliflower on high for 6 minutes until cooked.
    3. Stir in egg, cheese, and herbs.
    4. Press the mixture onto a baking sheet, moulding into a pizza base form. You'll want to press it quite thin, but not too thin that it won't support your toppings.
    5. Bake on about 375F or 180C for 15 minutes until browned.

You can then top with sauce, cheese, and any toppings you'd like and broil in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until toppings are browned. Enjoy!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    That soup looks awesome, you had me at coconut. I am brand new to this site, is there a recipe sharing section anywhere? Thanks-Amy

I browned 3 chicken breasts in coconut oil, the added ginger, garlic and chilli. Let them cook off for a minute or so and then added about 3 cups of water and simmered it until the chicken was cooked through.

I took the chicken out and shredded it with two forks, and added the chicken back into the liquid, added a can of coconut cream and a can of water. Also some frozen peas, and bring it back to a simmer.

I added a squeeze of lemon juice and some sweet chilli sauce. Stir it though, but don't boil it, because it'll split.

Put it in bowls, add herbs of your choice and bean shoots.

Eat!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Lunch.

8564422366_6c697771d7.jpg

Eggs with feta cheese, and date/lemon chutney.
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    bump.:smile:
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Awww they all look so yummy, I'm starving now!! ????
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options

The sweet potato burger recipe is here: http://lawstudentscookbook.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/sweet-potato-burger-with-roasted-garlic-cream-sauce/

:)

Thanks for posting! I was going to ask for it too.
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    2daydzr.jpg
    Sweet Potato Burgers with Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
  • feistymoon
    feistymoon Posts: 152
    Options
    bump
  • aubdobalina
    aubdobalina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to be a food blogger, I can't help but to take pictures of pretty food!
    8564487621_c1cea3531a.jpg
    egg baked in marinara with gruyere and dry toast

8564489217_613a090380.jpg
    mexican chicken soup with sour cream and cheese

8564490833_2b278aaaee.jpg
    shrimp, pecan, avocado and orange salad with citrus vinaigrette
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    bump