Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• cew01
    cew01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and always battering the bulge. Have lost 11 lbs. doing my fitness. Think it's pretty easy to stay with
    I dance ( by myself) for at least 1/2 hr a night. I find the Latin pop music station on my T.V offers the best beats
    To keep me bopping.
  • mikef49
    mikef49 Posts: 1
    Options
    49 here, and on my second go-around in tryin to lose this paunch. Bought a new recumbent bike and treadmill and just going for it.
  • mpe1967
    mpe1967 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maureen and I am 45 years old.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    57 yo. Inspired by everyone's commitment to getting healthy.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @TasteslikeChi. Wow! Love your commitment. Good luck with the marathons,
  • mezzolori
    mezzolori Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will be 53 in two weeks. I started using MFP on 9/1/12 and have lost 33 pounds. I am at goal, just trying to lose a few more pounds. I was a WW worker and member for a long time. However, this app has worked better than anything. I eat my calories every day. Rarely I go over, but on days I do, I don't sweat it. It's a great app to help you eat more healthy. I have totally stopped eating processed foods. No frozen meals for me and that has really made a big difference too.

I always thought my weight issue was menopause, but it was simply ...eating too much. This app saved my life.
  • sa993
    sa993 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turned 50 this year, and working on losing another 100 pounds. I have lost 59 so far, 13 since joing mfp. I am finding that sometimes it is very hard to stay focused, but the tools here are so much help in that effort. Also, it has been hard to deal with stress without turning to food, but I am always working on that. Add me if you would like. Thanks
  • pebblesnj
    pebblesnj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am - can I just say mid-40s? with a birthday in May? - and I just joined MFP today. After ignoring the scale for about a year, it's really time to make a difference. I'm starting with a medium-term goal of losing 28 pounds, but my true goal is to lose 40 pounds.
    I'm new to all this and would really love some inspiration and support, and would love to get added. Thank you!
  • 8368maria
    8368maria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 years old
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 49 and just found MFP. I joined a gym in February and have lost 16 pounds so far. I'm new here, so no friends yet. Feel free to add me, if you'd like! :-)
  • hospicehha
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer and am 48 years and holding.............I have been doing this for awhile, but would still love new friends. Please feel free to add me =0)
  • TinaW9366
    TinaW9366 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm 46 will be 47 in September, I have lost 6lbs thus far, looking for new friends to make this journey with.
  • Sweet_Kimmie
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46, down about 25 looking to lose another 20lbs. Anyone need encouragement friend me, I love to do that!
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be 42 next month! I quite smoking for my 40th now I am going to lose the 20lbs I gained from it for my 42nd!!!!
  • MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi....I'm 54 and the older I get the more difficult it is to lose weight.......might have something to do with menopause and slow metabolism??
  • Helenacabral1
    Options
    Same...losing it but very slow!!:)
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    49 & feeling better than I have in quite some time....
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    43 here
  • EWAJH
    EWAJH Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    40 here
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    46 and hanging on...