Observation: Anyone on here drink cow milk?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    <<< Northern European descent, no lactose intolerance here.
    I love milk and yogurt and cheese and ice cream.

I aim for at least 1 serving of each a day! nom nom nom nom

^^^ this.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    16 oz of 1% or 2% everyday! and sometimes more depending on what I end up eating. Big breakfast, more milk. Cereal, More milk. Oreos, you bet I'm drinking it! I LOVE IT!!! Oh and sometimes when I get back from a long run I'll make a glass of chocolate milk :-)

I do try to buy organic but more often than not it's not in the budget.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I eat yogurt and cheese daily, but I'm not a fan of plain milk. I do love vanillia soy milk, but with all those added sugars of course I do.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have always drunk milk. Either straight, with my coffee, with chai tea, smoothies, milkshakes, booze shakes, with my cereal or oatmeal.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Two cups of 2% chocolate milk every day! I would not be successful in my "diet" if I did not!
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    Every day, several times. It is the best way for a northern european ancestry person to avoid osteoporosis. Like most gaelic-viking combinations, I am not lactose intolerant and can drink milk, half and half, yogurt, cheese, etc. etc. I read an interesting article in Science about the genetic mutation in northern europeans that prevented them developed lactose intolerance, which happens to most mammals in adulthood. It had much to do with surviving the Ice Age and happened about 30,000 years ago.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Milker drinker here! And yogurt eater, and cheese gobbler... :D
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I live on a farm and we have a family cow- drink lots of raw milk. The guys drink whole milk and I opt for skim- not much difference in taste when its not processed. So glad there's still lots of milk drinkers out there- too bad there's not more local dairies instead of the huge business farms. Not a fan of store milk but have to drink it when the cow is dried off before she gives birth.

I've always wanted to try milk straight from the cow. Is the taste significantly different than store milk? I imagine it is.
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I live on a farm and we have a family cow- drink lots of raw milk. The guys drink whole milk and I opt for skim- not much difference in taste when its not processed. So glad there's still lots of milk drinkers out there- too bad there's not more local dairies instead of the huge business farms. Not a fan of store milk but have to drink it when the cow is dried off before she gives birth.

I've always wanted to try milk straight from the cow. Is the taste significantly different than store milk? I imagine it is.
    It is so different, hard to explain but store bought milk doesn't tase like milk after you"ve had unprocessed milk. Raw skim milk is really white and has a great taste, not waterty. Unfortunately it is illegal to sell raw milk in our state!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Not my mom, not my milk.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i switched to almond for the lower calorie/sugar content. but i have no objections to cow's milk and will use it sometimes if i need more calories or carbs
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot lately that cow's milk is unhealthy for human consumption. It is made for calves to get big or something to that effect.
    Well that explains why I have such big calves.

QFT
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    2%cow milk for my coffee & occasional bowl of cereal. I do eat yogurt, cheese & cottage cheese. I use almond/coconut milk for my protein shakes because I wanted to save calories & I've gotten to enjoy the taste but I don't think I'd care for it in my coffee or cereal
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    (I drink Almond Milk.)

“Ingredients” Added to Cow’s Milk
    •A Veritable Hormone Cocktail: including pituitary, steroid, hypothalamic, and thyroid hormones (remember most cows are extremely stressed)
    •Gastrointestinal Peptides:
    Nerve and epidermal growth factors, and the growth inhibitors MDGI and MAF
    •rBGH (Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone): a genetically engineered hormone directly linked to breast, colon and prostrate cancer. This is injected into cows to increase milk production.[1]
    •Pus: National averages show at least 322 million cell-counts of pus per glass![2] This is well-above the human limit for pus-intake, and has been directly linked to paratuberculosis bacteria, as well as Crohn’s disease. The pus comes from infected udders on the cows known as mastitis.

•Blood Cells: The USDA allows up to 1.5 million white blood cells per milliliter of commonly-sold milk.[3] Yes, you are drinking cows blood in the milk and the USDA allows this!
    •Antibiotics: Currently, cows are in such a state of disease and mistreatment that they are continually being injected with antibiotic medicines, and rubbed down with chemical-laden ointments to deal with their chronic infections. Currently, regulating committees only test for 4 of the 85 drugs in dairy cows. This means that the other 81 drugs in cow’s milk are coming directly into your glasses and bodies. Estimates show that 38% of milk in the U.S. is “contaminated with sulfa drugs or other antibiotics,” according to a study by the Centre for Science in the Public Interest and published in the Wall Street Journal on December 29, 1989. A study from the FDA data showed that over half of all milk was laden with traces of pharmaceuticals yet nothing has been done to control this
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love cow's milk. I crave it. But I am also lactose intolerant, allergic to soy and nuts, and very much do not like the taste of hemp milk. SO- it is coconut milk for me. The rest of my family drinks cow milk though.