Fellow Vegans or wanna-Vegans?

Options
I'm just wondering if there are any other vegans or people who want to be vegan here. I'm sure there are!! So post here and/or add me, so we can support each other!

I'm a new vegan myself. I made it 37 days 2 months ago, but am on day 1 again today... That said: I am super exited to make to 60 days and beyond this time!

Replies

• Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    ME! I don't eat animal products most of the time. I'm adding you as a friend right now! :flowerforyou:
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    Hey !
    I am a vegetarian myself. We can stick together ! I have been meat free for the last 5 years and it has definitely made a huge difference in my life! What made you want to be come vegetarian if you dont mind me asking ? I am not a full vegan as I do occasionally eat an egg here and there and some diary products but I try to keep them at a minimum. I also try to stay away from processed foods as much as I can, since I have done that I have been full of energy. Keep in touch
  • shadows1177
    Options
    I am here with you! No meat, no diary, no fish, none of that stuff....and yet...I still seem to manage to eat fattening food! LOL
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    -waves hand- Raw vegan here- with the exception that I do occasionally eat raw honey. :flowerforyou:
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm a wannabe:) I try so hard to at least be vegetarian and most of the time I fail. I am restocking this weekend and replacing stuff with as vegetarian as I can plus I bought a few books today.

I'm sorry I read the OP's post incorrectly and then accidentally reported myself
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here, would love to be vegan, but find it too tough in practice yet, but managed to avoid dairy most days... but working on it! Feel free to add me--don't have too many vegetarian pals--always great to have more!
  • charlotte77
    Options
    Vegetarian for 13 years.
    Vegan on/off for 4 years. (On/Off because of lactose intolerance and ethical reasonings.)
    And once again, Gluten Free, thanks to the intolerance again =\

Nice to see some fellow Vegans =]

It's also nice to see so much variety in some supermarkets now with the dairy free/free from ranges and such.
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    Vegetarian for 13 years.
    Vegan on/off for 4 years. (On/Off because of lactose intolerance and ethical reasonings.)
    And once again, Gluten Free, thanks to the intolerance again =\

Nice to see some fellow Vegans =]

It's also nice to see so much variety in some supermarkets now with the dairy free/free from ranges and such.

Agreed. I am thrilled to see the abundance of quality vegetarian/vegan options in stores today. Its great!!
  • veganon50
    veganon50 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi I have just joined today! I have been vegan for 3 years - vegetarian and vegan (on and off) for most of my life - my diet is really healthy - but I still get overweight! I blame my mother's genes...:wink:
    I have to be careful not to get too obsessive about it, as I know this can backfire. I prefer to think of it as healthy eating choices, not deprivation. But I do need to be careful what I eat - I am finding it harder to keep the weight off as I get older, and I want to be fit and happy and old, not tired and grumpy and old!!
    So joined this website on my iPhone today - and I hope my fellow vegans will inspire me - so nice to find so many on here - people generally assume if you are vegan you are thin - how wrong they are!!!
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey !
    I am a vegetarian myself. We can stick together ! I have been meat free for the last 5 years and it has definitely made a huge difference in my life! What made you want to be come vegetarian if you dont mind me asking ? I am not a full vegan as I do occasionally eat an egg here and there and some diary products but I try to keep them at a minimum. I also try to stay away from processed foods as much as I can, since I have done that I have been full of energy. Keep in touch

I have been attempting various forms of vegatarianism for a few years now. At the moment I have eliminated pork and red meat. I really want to make the full transition, but I do not like the idea of immitation meat or eggs. How do you manage to eat clean and have variety at the same time? Like to me there is something backwards about eating a fake egg shake thingy for scrambled eggs and weird mashed up things that are supposedly chicken strips.

I need to find a support group on here for current/wanna-be vegans and vegetarians. Or could this be it?!
  • chickpea81
    chickpea81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! :)

Ive been vegetarian on and off for most of my life and vegan for the last 5 years.
    I'm new to this site and have a very looong way to go as i've hit the junk food rather too much over the last 2 years. i'm determind to get my weight into a healthy range now.
  • moreveggiesplease
    Options
    I was just going to make a similiar thread, until I saw this! Support is great! Love it!
  • dsr25
    dsr25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I used to be vegetarian, but 8 years ago I became allergic to dairy (head swelled up/ eyes closed over. was poorly for about 3mths) and found with my being unwell, trying to go vegan was too much, and I ended up eating meat again.

I would love to be vegan for health reasons, as I have piled the weight on since eating meat again.

I tend to have two non meat meals a day, so it's just really the evening meal I need to sort. I find it hard as I am not a lover of beans, and TVP just gives me really bad indigestion.

I suscribe to the vegan magazine here in UK, and keep up to date with the new products, but like the comment before, I hate 'fake' meats and cheese, would rather go without.

What is a typical days menu for you? Would love to know what others eat!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian too. Nice to see there's so many of us :happy:
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi, I used to be vegetarian, but 8 years ago I became allergic to dairy (head swelled up/ eyes closed over. was poorly for about 3mths) and found with my being unwell, trying to go vegan was too much, and I ended up eating meat again.

I would love to be vegan for health reasons, as I have piled the weight on since eating meat again.

I tend to have two non meat meals a day, so it's just really the evening meal I need to sort. I find it hard as I am not a lover of beans, and TVP just gives me really bad indigestion.

I suscribe to the vegan magazine here in UK, and keep up to date with the new products, but like the comment before, I hate 'fake' meats and cheese, would rather go without.

What is a typical days menu for you? Would love to know what others eat!

My food diary is open (Good, Bad AND Ugly). Some days are better than others.
  • nicolebarr03
    Options
    I am vegan and recently gluten free. So far it's hasn't been difficult but it is lonely since I do not have many supporters. We are in a small world of veganism but it is certainly a great way to feel great about yourselves and to give mother nature a little break! :)
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I was vegan for a year, am hoping to start again as it felt good!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    but it is certainly a great way to feel great about yourselves and to give mother nature a little break! :)

Agreed! I've never felt better :smile:
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Raw vegan here :) Add me if ya like & my diary is open as well. I eat pretty simply but we are running a raw food challenge/support in another thread - check it out if ya like - tons of great info :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99327-raw-food-challenge-trying-to-eat-a-cleaner-unprocessed-di
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Vegan for about 8 years, want to go raw... Wait for my seeds to come in the mail to try and grow some nom noms!