1 year anniversary...36 pounds lost...with pics!

Options
Celebrating 1 year on My Fitness Pal and my weight loss...lost 36.7 pounds!!!! I'm over half way to my goal!!! It's hard to believe a year has gone by.
I had hoped for more weight loss than 36 pounds in one year :noway: , but after going to the Doctor, I have found that my hormones, thyroid and a few other things are out of wack, so working on getting them all back to somewhat normal which, they say, will help me to lose the weight.
I've had many plateaus...one lasting an agonizing 117 days...very frustrating to say the least! Many times I shed tears :sad: and wanted to give up, but I kept pressing through...Any way here's my progress so far...Hope I did this right and you can see the pics...Thanks!

Me at 190
a90a4b2d-005a-4eae-b8e8-f583b7301f17.jpg
[img]http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s466/ImRadical4Jesus/11061_1176362930285_6475618_n.jpg Me Now[/img]b1647cf6-a19b-423d-8357-66b0520c1509.jpg
10d40550-e15f-47cb-8366-170b9afd67ff.jpg

Me at 185 Front View :laugh:
165aa77f-c4c8-4f85-a68a-67d58e6f9571.jpg
Me now at 153
c6eecc47-c06c-4821-86da-b07101121756.jpg

Me at 185 Side view :huh:
752606e9-fc66-4e5b-9f24-ca393f865843.jpg
Me now at 153
e6b02db1-d248-4863-b615-dee3d6f8f8a7.jpg

Replies

• WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race. Making a change in your lifestyle rather than holding to a depriving diet will make you healthier and happier in the long run. Good for you! You're looking good and you're on track to reach your goal!
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - congrats!
  • lemonhead66
    lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing! Even being stuck for so long you kept at it and you can really see the difference in the photos.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

It's still a loss!!! A big loss too....

Well done to you.. You look great, keep it up!!! :smile:
  • Ashley1392
    Ashley1392 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice job! the difference was huge between each picture! 36 pounds is no small feat :)
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

This is true, but my Dr. said that hormones and thyroid issues has kept me from losing the weight and once those are back to normal, I can lose the weight and not be struggling so much. Trust me, I thought I should of made it to my goal...just hope I can be an encouragement to others who are struggling out there!
  • CarlaChalk78
    Options
    Thats a great looking change! ! ! Well done :)

As to the time it took...well I think its great :) Slow is always better or it can just jump back on with some extra on top. A lot of people think they can just swing back into eating like they used to and haven't learnt as much from their weight loss journey when its done really fast!

Myself included..I was 4 stone overweight as an 18 year old, lost it crazy fast and gained it back over the years. I have lost my weight slowly, very slowly this time, but I have learnt the right way to do things for a proper lifestyle change this time.

Really well done to you and keep up the great work no matter how long it takes :) We are all works in progress x
  • sarah_jones3
    Options
    wow you are doing amazingly well! :) Happy 1 year.
  • Chucksteakswife
    Chucksteakswife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No matter how fast or slow, you did it. Everybody will have a different weight loss journey. Be proud of what you have accomplished! So far so great!!
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

^^^ He's a jerk.

What's important is that YOU DID IT!!! Great job!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well done 36 pounds is 36 pounds. Despite some comments like (36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose). IF PEOPLE CANT BE SUPPORTIVE ON SOMEONE LOSING WEIGHT NO MATTER HOW MUCH, THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING:mad:

Everyone is different and you should be proud of yourself good luck on the rest of your journey:bigsmile:
  • darbobo
    darbobo Posts: 53
    Options

Really? Jerk
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

You 'suppose'? Wow.

Slow progress is GREAT progress. It's a marathon - not a sprint.

You have done amazingly well! :flowerforyou:
  • sallievp
    sallievp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah forget that dumb *kitten*...slow and steady is the way!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

^^^^ What an extremely rude comment.

Congratulations to you on your weight loss!!! You are doing a fabulous job! Keep up the good work!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! You look fantastic! Keep it up!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options

What a back handed compliments.. to YOU it might not be impressive but I'm sure to EVERYONE else that has congratulated her thinks it is great progress DUMBASS

OP: you look beautiful great job :flowerforyou:
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I am so happy for you! Don't worry about rude comments. Any lose is great and you did 36 pds. You should be very proud of yourself
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!