Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins (with no flour)

Options

Replies

• Alraines1
    Alraines1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy. Can't wait to try it! Just recently did a similar recipe that I found on skinnytaste.com using only three ingredients:

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
    1 cup of uncooked quick oats
    1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat. Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes. Eat while still warm.

I am going to try to add a little peanut butter to these to see how they turn out!
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    bump
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i've just made these and they are quite nice!! thank you for sharing :smile:
  • hnyb1212
    hnyb1212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love anything with peanut butter...I am a peanut butter junkie! Thanks for the recipe!
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump! grocery shopping this weekend! cant wait to try them!
  • mkatkar
    mkatkar Posts: 24
    Options
    Bump :)
  • fl46
    fl46 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The verdict! Excellent!
    Tried these tonight- a couple of notes:
    1. Used a whole egg - I am pro chicken-fruit!
    2. Added chocolate chips so the kids would eat them
    3. When I mixed it all up it was really liquidey and I thought there was no way it would set so I added 3/4 c oats ( for total of two cups) and they cooked up perfectly!
    4. I thought for sure I was going to regret not adding stevia, but with the chic chips and banana they are perfectly sweet enough!

With the extra additions I am thinking 125 cals per small one, maybe double the carbs?

Made these with your substitutions. Very good but you have to love oatmeal (and I do)!
  • fazee57
    fazee57 Posts: 3
    Options
    I tried these muffins today because I was looking forward to a nice little treat since my husband and I have been on fitnesspal. These muffins are missing something. They have an odd after taste and need some kind of sweetening. Maybe apple sauce or even some Splenda might help, but these were very bad. We tried to eat them, but ended up throwing them all away. Such a waste and a great disappointment. :cry:
  • ShaunMc1968
    ShaunMc1968 Posts: 204
    Options
    made them - really good. Excellent little energy boosts with morning coffee - thanks.
  • c_melanson
    c_melanson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'll tweak alittle for myself as I don't drink cow's milk or eat eggs...I love experimenting in my kitchen it's "the spice of life." Thanks for posting....I love muffins :happy: :smile: and these sound wonderful :flowerforyou:
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Someone make these for me please?

Get a girlfriend or better yet, time for you to experiment in your own kitchen....YOU CAN DO IT! :happy:
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Mmmm these sound lovely! I may even brave the kitchen for them :happy:
  • kathybro75
    kathybro75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for sharing. Sound yummy
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wheat free! YAY! I'm gonna try these! Thanks!
  • vasunshiine
    vasunshiine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump