1 year anniversary...36 pounds lost...with pics!

Options

Replies

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job !!! NEVER GIVE UP ! This is for life !
  • Susanh43
    Susanh43 Posts: 18
    Options
    First of all - ignore any comments that aren't SUPPORTIVE and encouraging! You're doing GREAT! I just found out I have to have my thyroid removed and have been feeling sluggish/foggy for weeks now, so I understand how that can definitely affect weight loss and (in my case) motivation to exercise.

Keep up the great work! Congrats on your success so far!! :happy:
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Think about 7 five pound bags of sugar! That's a lot to remove from your body.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Maye so, but I'm MORE impressed with how you stuck with it and didn't completely fall off track during that long plateau.. that is so awesome! I fell off the wagon last week. Totally off the wagon. I just started eating everything. trying to continue to log into MFP and get back on track. I'm starting over again. I wish I could be like you and stick with it constantly for a whole year and lose 36 lbs!!! Impressive and encouraging..

36lbs/52 weeks works out to more than .5 lb a week.. that's perfect weightloss and 117 day plateau.. Perfect, absolutely perfect!
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

Don't you wish you could just delete some comments?
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    You look amazing! I have thyroid issues as well and so I appreciate how difficult losing weight can be... Congrats on your success & thanks for the inspiration!! :smile:
  • vickyguzman2000
    Options
    Looking good!!! Congrats!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!!!

I agree with slow and steady. Its been a full year I've been on MFP and I've only lost 20lbs. However, I've gone down from a size 14 pant to an 8, and from an XL top to a L sometimes M depending on the style. I also have some medical issues that are contributing to my weightloss issues. What I've learned is that you just have to keep plugging along and sometimes the changes are simply not on the scale. :) Keep up the great work!!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.
    What's wrong with you?

Well done OP :flowerforyou:
  • vasunshiine
    vasunshiine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic job with huge rewards. Physically and mentally! You should be very proud. I wish for your your endurance to stay with it when I hit a plateau as that is when I give up. The next time that happens I am going to remember you and keep on keeping on. Good luck this year with continued success. :smile:
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I remember being young and knowing everything about everything...:laugh:

Great job, OP! You're a motivator!
  • fisherman11
    Options
    Hi, that is fantastic, I would be so pleased if I lost that amount of weight in a year and could see the results in the mirror like your pics. Keep up the good work, you are looking FABULOUS
  • christineptarrant
    Options
    This will be the first time I've ever posted on these forums. I just couldn't read your post without saying anything.
    To stick with a lifestyle change for an entire year is AWESOME. To stick with it ,despite health issues, makes it that much more impressive.
    To lose that much weight from healthy changes WHILE having untreated medical issues that affect(or is it effect?) your weight is MONUMENTAL!
  • fleerik
    fleerik Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    36 pounds is A LOT of weight. I bet you feel great...keep up the good work.
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    true inspiration!!!!
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and perseverance.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options

What kind of backhanded compliment is that. Did you even read her post?? She clearly said she had a long period of time of not losing anything due to medical issues - that alone would have sent some people right off the wagon, she kept going.

Good job OP! You go girl!
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options

She is an over-forty woman. You are a twentysomething "man".
    Youngster, you know nothing.

Happy Anniversary, ImR. Keep up the fantastic work and you will reach that goal!!
  • runfrommygenes
    Options
    You look amazing! And 36 lbs lost is amazing! Your chances of keeping it off will be higher now that you didn't try and loss it quickly!!!! And after all, you could weight the same or worse yet, have gained 36 lbs!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    To the gentleman who posted not impressive speed wise. You can tell your a man. Men always lose weight quickly or at least at a faster rate than women do. If a woman has any issues at all health wise it makes that process even slower. It does not matter the speed. What matters is she got the weight off.

That type of comment about the speed at which someone loses weight to me would be an insult. I have a thyroid issue and because of it and in spite of being medicated for it can only lose 1 pound a month. Yes I excersie problity more than most. 1-2 hours each day. However because my matablizim is messed up do to thyroid I lose it slowly. I work very hard just to get one dam pound off.

I am proud of your progress slow and steady wins the race it is not how fast you get it off. It is the simple fact you did. Good job and keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!