1 year anniversary...36 pounds lost...with pics!

Options

Replies

• TinaW9366
    TinaW9366 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, Keep up the great job!!!
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    snap! One year down and 38 now, but yay!! Perfect speed :D
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    To the gentleman who posted not impressive speed wise. You can tell your a man. Men always lose weight quickly or at least at a faster rate than women do. If a woman has any issues at all health wise it makes that process even slower. It does not matter the speed. What matters is she got the weight off.

That type of comment about the speed at which someone loses weight to me would be an insult. I have a thyroid issue and because of it and in spite of being medicated for it can only lose 1 pound a month. Yes I excersie problity more than most. 1-2 hours each day. However because my matablizim is messed up do to thyroid I lose it slowly. I work very hard just to get one dam pound off.

I am proud of your progress slow and steady wins the race it is not how fast you get it off. It is the simple fact you did. Good job and keep up the great work.

I found it really insulting too! I saw it and my heart sank... :(
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

If I can lose 36 pounds this year, I will be on the floor.

Crying.

With joy.
  • Sheri3182
    Sheri3182 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

What an awful thing to say.

OP, 36lb IS impressive. Go to the supermarket and try and pick up 36 bags of sugar. Your body was carrying that around, and you've lost it. That's all that matters, not the amount of time you did it in. Well done.
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    Great to see that difference! Keep it up!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

what a JERK!!!!!!!!
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great job - you can be so proud of you !!! I am in the same boat, I have started in November and only lost 4 lbs :-( but I keep going because I am sure the weight must come off in the long run ...
  • Photofreak51
    Photofreak51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done, way to stick with it!!
  • victoriageorgina
    victoriageorgina Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job and you should be very proud of yourself :)
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Amazing! 36 pounds is a small child..you've lost a small child. WAY TO GO!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to you and keep up the wonderful work!! Slow and steady :happy:

That first comment was completely uncalled for! Shame on him!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow! First of all I love your captions, gave me a chuckle this morning. Secondly, you look like you've lost more than 36 pounds. Your body has really transformed. You look amazing and all of your hard work certainly does show! Keep it up!!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

AND JUST REMEMBER CHRIS, YOUR STARTING WEIGHT WAS 295 AND HER WAS 190.. really foo..

you dropped weight quick cause you were a fat **** and she has medical issues .. and GUESS WHAT fool.. SHE IS STILL FIGHTING AND TRYING while you are sitting on your *kitten* playing video games, doing dorky things and being a complete idiot !!!

and speedwise is spelled speed wise .. GO GET AN EDUCTION, DUMB *kitten*!!!!!!
    omg :laugh:
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! nice job!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

This is true, but my Dr. said that hormones and thyroid issues has kept me from losing the weight and once those are back to normal, I can lose the weight and not be struggling so much. Trust me, I thought I should of made it to my goal...just hope I can be an encouragement to others who are struggling out there!

Seriously, what does a 22 year old MALE know about the affects of hormones and thyroid. Good for you, keep it up. Amazing that you kept up the fight with the plateau and all of the other issues. Woot Woot
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You have come so far, be proud of your achievement! Good luck in reaching your goals!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say you look great! Your body changed so much. It is so helpful for me to see stories like yours. You are proof that persistence works.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    well done. i think you have done a fab job. i am now looking forward to losing 36 pounds. great motivation for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!