1 year anniversary...36 pounds lost...with pics!

Options

Replies

• famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Way to keep working at it... I think with 117 days of not losing or noticing any change would have made most of us stop! Kudos to you for not giving in!

36 pounds in a year is an awesome job, you are changing your lifestyle not running a race, so the more steady a pace the better you will be for it!

Exactly what I thought about the plataeu!! That is SUPER impressive to me!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how long it takes. It is gone and you should be proud!! Congratulations!! Don't let anyone make you feel bad about anything.

My weight loss has also been very slow and I am almost 33. I wanted to give up many times because I got frustrated. You have been sticking with it, and that is the hardest part about this whole thing!
  • jpoblete77
    jpoblete77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stupidity shows.. to the troll that said it's not impressive.

Great job losing nearly .7 lbs a week!! Keep it up
  • webebeer
    webebeer Posts: 81
    Options
    Great job.... you look wonderful... well on your way. I know how hormones can affect weight loss. When I was 30 I could think about losing weight. focus a bit, change a few things, and boom weight would start going. Now at 52 and post menopausal things are moving much slower. I do 30 minutes aerobics and weights daily and walk, walk, walk and the progress is slow and that's okay. The important thing is the doing and I applaud you for doing this for a whole year and sticking to it!!! Even though it has been hard, That shows what your made of.... keep going and never give up................. yea!!! for you
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! And, remember, that rude comment was made by 22 year old MALE! ;-)
  • 15mos46lbs
    Options
    Good work! If I can say I've lost 36 one year from now, I will be THRILLED :heart: Keep it up... you have inspired me this morning :)
  • pinkbury
    pinkbury Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job!!
  • pinkbury
    pinkbury Posts: 2
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.

That's kind of rude. It's a success story, doesn't have to be a speedy one. At least she dropped the weight. That's more then I've lost in the past year! I only went down 4 lbs since last year and that's why I'm JUST starting Fitness Pal now. Before this I did nothing.
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • izzycan
    izzycan Posts: 3
    Options
    WOW!! that's awesome!!! truly inspiring!!!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! YOU are BEAUTIFUL! WTG. btw... loved the balloon captions - priceless and ROFLMAO!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I think my rate of loss is even slower than yours so I say Kudo's to you!! That's awesome. And I love your pics, too funny.
  • hzaussome
    Options
    I'm just about at my 1 year anniversary (just a month to go) sitting at 35lbs lost as well. I was discouraged about my slow progress, but reading your post and seeing your progress pictures - what a change, congratulations! I guess sometimes it's hard to see the changes in yourself, but you're looking great. Congratulations, and thank you for this post!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well done 36 pounds is 36 pounds. Despite some comments like (36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose). IF PEOPLE CANT BE SUPPORTIVE ON SOMEONE LOSING WEIGHT NO MATTER HOW MUCH, THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING:mad:

Everyone is different and you should be proud of yourself good luck on the rest of your journey:bigsmile:

This...

Congrats on your weight loss! It's especially impressive given the thyroid issues!!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I think you have done great even though you've had a few roadblocks, also love your humor.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations to you!!!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I think 36lbs is impressive regardless of how long it took (besides, how many people have lost 36lb fast and put it back on just as fast?) and your pictures really do show a massive difference - which is more important than the scales anyway.

I'm not too sure how I'll react when I hit a plateau but I'll try to remember your epic 117 days and keep at it as best I can until I reach my goal - however long that may take! Reading things like this is what keeps me on track, so thank you!

To the kid who left the backhanded 'compliment' - *kitten*.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should feel super proud of your weight loss AND your positive attitude! You look terrific and are obviously in this for the long term. Good work! Here's to another healthy year for you!
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    36 pounds in one year isn't impressive speedwise, but slow progress is still progress I suppose. Keep it up.
    trolling?
    ...Not intentionally. You people are way too sensitive, that was meant to be a compliment. And I get bashed from every angle. No wonder I rarely come to these forums. I get attacked by middle aged women every time.

I'm not middle aged. But I still think you are a jerk. What a horrible addition to such an inspiring post.

OP- you did great! If I am at 36 lb lost by my one year I will cry.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!