Can't get myself to get up and workout...need motivation

Options
I need some motivation ...I am eating healthy BUT dont exercise ....MOTIVATE ME SOMEONE!!!

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Get up and Go! As soon as I get home I put on my workout gear and then I feel I have to work out! C'mon, you'll feel soooo much better! Hey, and once you start you won't want to miss a day.

And if you're more the "drill sargent" type - Suck it up, Cupcake! :smile:
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    find something you enjoy..and have fun (I hate the words exercise and diet).:flowerforyou:
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    you have to find a time that is best for you i was on mfp for like a month before i even started working out. For me it varies day to day cus of my work schedule sometimes night is good and sometimes morning is better. But you have to make the time i have noticed a difference in myself since i started working out and you will too.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the energy kick I get. You won't get that just cutting calories.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Motivation is overrated. Do you need motivation to brush your teeth or go to work? Of course not. You do it because you need to. The sooner you realize that it's not about motivation, the faster your body will change.

Z2ouhhg.jpg
  • belle19822000
    belle19822000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you want us to do.

If you took the time to LOOK at the photos people posted here (before and after), took only 5 minutes of your time to read success stories that would be motivating enough. Instead, WE here took the time to motivate you??

Seriously??

GET UP AND JUST WALK, DANCE, PLAY A VIDEO WITH EXERCISE ON YOUTUBE - for free, and move it!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy!

People often think you have to go to the gym or run, as if those were the only kinds of physical activity. I use my Wii, take dance classes, walk with my partner, hula hoop...
  • Enfermita
    Enfermita Posts: 12 Member
    Options
  • Enfermita
    Enfermita Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Get up and Go! As soon as I get home I put on my workout gear and then I feel I have to work out! C'mon, you'll feel soooo much better! Hey, and once you start you won't want to miss a day.

And if you're more the "drill sargent" type - Suck it up, Cupcake! :smile:

• maggieketchum
    maggieketchum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is how I get myself to work out. Just think of how much more food you're allowed to eat after you work out :D
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Motivation is overrated. Do you need motivation to brush your teeth or go to work? Of course not. You do it because you need to. The sooner you realize that it's not about motivation, the faster your body will change.

I go to work to get paid. If I did not have the motivation of receiving a paycheck I wouldn't be going.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

I go to work to get paid. If I did not have the motivation of receiving a paycheck I wouldn't be going.

At the end of the day, if you have a responsibility, you simply need to fulfill it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    GET OFF YOUR LAZY *kitten* AND GO DO IT!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1. GOALS: I started with a small weekly goal .... wrote it down on a calendar .... you can use stickers if you like. Something visual ... something to keep you accountable.

After a couple of weeks ... I added to my goal. Pretty soon working out became a habit.

2. ENJOY IT: If you don't like one activity .... try another .... and another. If working out is going to be a lifestyle change ...you should enjoy it.

Netflix (by mail) has hundreds of workout DVDs ..... I got to try something new every week. I figured out what I like (and what I hate).

3. If all else fails ......"NO EXCUSES" .... I have some "excuse proof" videos ... I don't need to have good weather, equipment, or even skill ..... I just need to get off my butt

Here's an excuse proof one .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    how badly do you want this?
    that's all the motivation you need.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!! I know the feeling...this is also a NOTE TO SELF : )
  • AzIceQueen
    AzIceQueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am the same. I lack motivation to "exercise". I work full time and have 3 kids. I can't seem to drag myself out of bed an hour early to exercise. So what I figured out the best for me to do is skip the exercise and go out side and have fun with my kids. It could be just the back yard playing on the swingset, kicking the soccerball around, throwing a football, or a game of tag. Some nights we go for a walk. My kids love it when i play with them and it gets me moving.
  • Mazeway
    Mazeway Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use an app to register my progress (adidas micoach) . It helps me view the calendar

And i have a specific hour to do exercises
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Really, the motivation is going to have to come from within you. Try your best to get to bed early. Or, work out in the evenings. Do what works for you. You need to want to work out. It may be hard at first but you will get in a rhythm eventually. Good Luck!!!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have to work out when I'm well fed and before I run out of calories for the day. As the old saying goes, "if you don't work, you don't eat!" Not really, but it earns me my snacks! I need those snacks! Stick with your MFP goals for the day and try to work out during your best energy time of the day...when you have time to shower or do whatever is it you want to do. Before I go get my three kids from school, I try to get my weekly workout in. Before I go to bed on weekends, I have to get it in, even if it's 10:00. Not my favorite time, but I didn't chose my favorite time, so there it is! LOL You can do it!