98 pounds goal weight

Options
124»

Replies

• tabithacate
    tabithacate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    As others have said, depends on your bone structure. At your height it might be fine. But are you OCD about achieving goals? If so I'd set the goal a bit higher then lower it if, when you reach that goal, you aren't satisfied with your level of fitness and/or appearance.

Yeah achieving weight goals I am everything else no lol. I think 115-120lb would be good then I am going to see if I want to be thinner when I have reached that weight. But I still think I will feel fat at 120.
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good idea getting down to like 115-120 and seeing where you want to go from there. 98 lbs on 5'0" = 19.1 BMI (which is an awesome BMI). That being said, everyone is different. especially if you've got a lot of weight in your chest area. Keep shrinking and reevaluate as you go along :)
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on track. I don't think I could compare today's body to yesterdays...simply because muscle tone is much different with every go-round. I bicycled a ton in my late 20s, after three kids, and you could see my ribs. That wasn't particularly the look I was shooting for, I just loved bicycling, and it happened. My body fat was very low, but I wasn't doing cross training. A well rounded body needs cross training, balance, a great diet, and a plan. I've found to keep losing weight, I have to keep working out with MFP. And when I work out, my body looks much better now at the same weight that it did in the past. Made the plan, follow the plan, adapt the plan, keep working the plan. : )
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ignore the negative people. 98 lbs sounds low but it all depends on how you carry your weight and what your healthy weight is. There is nothing wrong with having a low goal as long as you periodically re-evaluate and adjust as necessary. Me, I like to set step goals with a general idea for where I want to end up.

If your ultimate goal is 98 you may want to keep it to your self. My goal is 178 which is the top of my BMI range for normal. At 238lbs I was told that I didn't need to lose weight. Now at 191 I'm being told by family members that if I hit 178 I'll be emanciated. It's funny how people are supportive of losing weight as long as you don't get to fit. Then suddenly all those overweight people are experts on being underweight.
  • tabithacate
    Options
    I was doing a lot of exercise & tracking it on MFP can't wait to get back on it, and to be exercising again my wrist is out of plaster and getting more flexible by the day, so hopefully soon I can start running on the treadmill again.
    I really would love to be 98lbs but it has been about five years since I have been that weight that I don't know how I would feel as an adult with that weight as strange as it sounds. I am more used to being 120-130lbs so I am going to see how I feel then, even that would be great I wouldn't even mind 141 at the moment. I wish I didn't have to keep weighing myself but I need to get my BMI down so I can have my operation down on the NHS.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you weigh your boobs?

^^^This

she didn't.
    it's bloody impossible without cutting them off!

plus, she says they weigh 35 lbs!!!!

I have J cups and they don't weight that much.

but thanks for the laughs!

Did you cut yours off to weigh them?? :cry:
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    what surgery do you need to have done on the NHS and why is there such a weight requirement?
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Why not ask your doctor? Without knowing how your body and bone structure is, there's not a good way to assess what your weight should be. Your doctor could give you a better answer there.
  • tabithacate
    Options
    Yes maybe 2 stone is a bit of an exaggeration but I can imagine at least a stone and a half. Thats what the scales said, but obviously I was weighing my upper body lol.
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, an adult should always have a 3 digit weight..

That is so ridiculous and a totally uneducated idea. Everyone carries the weight differently and people can be healthy at different weights.
  • tabithacate
    Options
    what surgery do you need to have done on the NHS and why is there such a weight requirement?

Breast reduction I have been trying to get it done for a year now but with my BMI at the moment they won't do it unless I have a BMI of minimum 24 mine is 31 at the moment eek!
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you weigh your boobs?

hahaha that's what I was thinking also :-\ Seriously, did you just flop them onto a kitchen scale?

BUT ANYWAY, sorry. 98 pounds sounds very light, but at 5'0", not totally unhealthy. I do worry when people have a specific goal weight though because obsessing about the number is not usually based in reason (especially when it's as random as 98...sounds like you WANT to be in two-digits. Why not 100?)
  • flower_chops
    flower_chops Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and started at 130lbs, now at 114lbs. I'm eating at a 10% deficit as would like to lose some more lbs but slooooowly so I can control it. I'm just doing lots more strength training now and in it for the long haul. I don't think 98lbs is too little on some people but like others have said, it depends on if that feels and looks healthy for you. I have NO boobs so quite happy that I could get to 98lbs or thereabouts and it probably look on on my very tiny frame (but I personally don't WANT to lose that much as don't want to be teeny tiny) but equally someone with bigger boobs will surely weigh a bit more cos of the extra weight carried there...
  • flower_chops
    flower_chops Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    And realised that I could do with updating my ticker goal :D Would rather have a body fat % one now :D
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    When you say you weighed 98pounds when you were younger. .. how young?

Were you an adult? ANd I don't just mean "after you hit your current height."

Because adult women have different body fat from pubescent girls. They're supposed to. And often, even after your growth spurt in height ends, there's a last growth of bones that widens your hips and changes your frame, and its not realistic to expect your body to be willing and happy to return to the weight you were at 13-17.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    hey Tabitha! You have the best name ever:wink:
    I have decided after many, many years that I am going to eat healthy and exercise and my body will decide what it wants to weigh in the end. I still want to be able to live and enjoy my life and not be slave to a number.

Good luck sweetie!
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    every lb you gain over your life past 18/ end of hs age increases your risk of various diseases, though i would assume that this may not apply you were starving during that time or something, but otherwise, i think it's really silly to think about adult / child weight like that, some adults are just built smaller than some children - everyone is different. and really you won't know until you get there where in the 119-98 range you should be. i'm 5'3 and around 46 kg and am healthy&happy/well fed : ) - but my sister would look like death if she ever went under 52 kg and looks awesome around 56 where she is now.