Random thoughts...

Options

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Why does our company insist on doing software updates by randomly calling you on the phone and saying "we're going to install xyz over the phone RIGHT NOW"... uhh ok... #1 I'm busy RIGHT NOW... #2 how is this efficient management of resources to install new software???

:explode:
  • immacookie
    Options
    Apparently rescheduling said "software update" for between 2:30pm-3:00pm Eastern was too difficult for Idiot IT Dept. 3:20pm and no call. I'm going to resume work and of course then they'll call, right when I'm in the middle of payouts or something of that sort. :angry:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    That Gene Simmons sure is one unattractive man.
  • LAgal
    LAgal Posts: 671 Member
    Options

But he sure is rich, lol!!!
  • immacookie
    Options

I think he uses the same hair dye as my great aunt
  • Heather75
    Options
    I think if our pets could talk, they would be whole lot less cute and a whole lot more annoying.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I think if our pets could talk, one of mine certainly would have a mouthful to say about my dad.
  • stephflo33
    stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am wondering why in the world the United States did not adopt the tradition of afternoon siestas.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I am wondering why in the world the United States did not adopt the tradition of afternoon siestas.

Canada, too. Also, only giving people 2 weeks holiday per year is ridiculous! I was in the UK for 2 years and had 26 vacation days already!

If I was a bird, i would want to be an osprey or frigate bird or one of those birds that is really good at gliding on wind currents, not one of those birds that has to flap its wings every second like a chump. Except a hummingbird maybe, because hovering is cool.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Speaking of annoying "walkers".... I absolutely cannot stand it when people drag their feet when they walk and it makes that annoying scuffing noise. It's typically when wearing those Birkenstock type shoes. ( I love birk's though..but I'm just saying)

I just want to say...PICK UP YOUR FEET!! I mean really, stop scuffing my floors and wearing down your soles!

On a different note, why is it that my kid always poops or pukes, or needs a bottle right when I need to do something important or be on time somewhere? It's like he knows and does it to spite me!! haha.. Well he is only 8 months old!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Another thing...

How can pancakes in a spray can be "organic"?? Has anyone seen this stuff called "Batter Blaster"?? It's in a can like E-Z squeeze cheese.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Why do I have Random Jannis Joplin songs popping into my head? Freedom is just another word for nothing left to looseeeeeee.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my dad had this funny little saying, a non-sensical riddle:

"If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?"

That crosses my mind just about daily. I'm 42 years old. My dad's been gone 10 years. Legacies are strange and complicated things...
  • stephflo33
    stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Canada, too. Also, only giving people 2 weeks holiday per year is ridiculous! I was in the UK for 2 years and had 26 vacation days already!

If I was a bird, i would want to be an osprey or frigate bird or one of those birds that is really good at gliding on wind currents, not one of those birds that has to flap its wings every second like a chump. Except a hummingbird maybe, because hovering is cool.

I would not want to be a bird. I am afraid of them and I am pretty sure they will be the ones taking over the world when it finally ends. Stupid birds with their abilities to fly over our heads and mark their targets. One big swoop and a peck, and your brain is gone.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my dad had this funny little saying, a non-sensical riddle:

"If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?"

That crosses my mind just about daily. I'm 42 years old. My dad's been gone 10 years. Legacies are strange and complicated things...

First, the part about the 1.5 chickens laying 1.5 eggs in 1.5 days: The rate at which any single chicken or groups of chickens can lay eggs has no bearing whatsoever on the kicking ability of peg-legged monkeys. They are not even of the same species of animals. This part of the question exists entirely as a ruse to distract the audience. Unless you're trying to determine the total area of the field the blue tractor supposedly plowed, you may ignore this chicken data.

The specific answer we seek is the total duration of time it would take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds from the dill pickle. The difficulty in resolving this problem lies within the fact that various pickles, dill or not, contain a varying amount of seeds. Furthermore, the size, strength and ability of a single-legged monkey can vary greatly. Therefore, without more specific parameters the question is impossible to answer.

My father passed about 5 years ago. Previous to that he had to go into the hospital for openheart surgery. Two days after the surgery, I got a letter from him. He didn't think he was going to make it. All my siblings got one as well. I was cleaning out a drawer the other day and found it. I hope I can be half the Dad to my girls as he was to us.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I had a job interview the other day, and I think I might be offered the job. I have mixed emotions about it, because I'm afraid if I start this job, I won't be able to work out as much.

Hmmm. Time or money. Always a compromise...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I had a job interview the other day, and I think I might be offered the job. I have mixed emotions about it, because I'm afraid if I start this job, I won't be able to work out as much.

Hmmm. Time or money. Always a compromise...

Go for it you can always make room to work out. Weight lose might slow down but it won't go away completely.
  • Heather75
    Options
    I really regret never learning how to do a cartwheel. Maybe it's not too late, but maybe it is. I'd like to not have to think about it.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I really regret never learning how to do a cartwheel. Maybe it's not too late, but maybe it is. I'd like to not have to think about it.

I think that should be your goal this week and you should let us know how you did! :)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Just don't be like this girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T05EJwSDUWo&feature=related