Can we talk poop for a minute?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    1.) If you're getting too much fiber, this can have the opposite effect of keeping you regular

2.) Are you getting enough fat? When people "diet" they tend to want to cut out fat because they tend to think that fat makes you fat. You need fat for this as well as other bodily functions...fat is an essential nutrient.

3.) This shouldn't be an issue really considering girls don't poop anyway...or so I was lead to believe.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    4 ounces of prune juice every morning upon arising. After 10 minutes, drink 2 large glasses of water.
    Also, 400 mg of magnesium citrate after dinner with 1 large glass of water.

This alone would make me throw up. That's way too much liquid for me to drink right after waking up...
  • MonicaLee92
    MonicaLee92 Posts: 222
    Options
    I've noticed that ever since I started clean eating I wasn't really going at all. Now I eat a lot of fiber and drink a lot of water to keep things going. It just took awhile for my body to get in the swing of things.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Try a 1/2 cup of All Bran Buds in Cereal every morning. That usually does the trick. Or Red River Cereal....breakfast of regular champions.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee, or go for a run. Even more fun would be to eat a buttload of chocolate. That'll get things going for sure.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    4 ounces of prune juice every morning upon arising. After 10 minutes, drink 2 large glasses of water.

This alone would make me throw up. That's way too much liquid for me to drink right after waking up...
    In order to poop-one must drink lots of water.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I eat clean too, but I had poop problems in the beginning as well. Have you tried a probiotic? That should help. I eat a lot of green veggies, take a fish oil supplement, and drink coffee daily. I am about to crap my pants nearly every morning when I'm done with my work out. Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm not "clean" I'm a dirty girl, but with weight loss it happens to us all. The only thing that has worked for me is laxatives. No prunes, prune juices, fiber, water, coffee...nope. Also, look at your multi-vitamin that could be very binding and/or calcium supplements.

It's funny how a binge can make me about as regular as the flooding in the Nile.
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    too much fibre can slow things as your colon absorbs the water from the fibre, lots and lots of water for starts - beans are a goody too, albeit with musical side effects :embarassed:
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i like this topic! cos i had struggled with poop problem lol. i've been drinking slippery elm mixed with water, twice a day, along with vitamin c and magnesium. it's working for me. especially the slippery elm. try it!
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    Fiber is great and all but if that bungs you up, then your diet is lacking fat
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way back when I read an Overeaters Anonymous book, and one of the "symptoms" of overeating that it listed was numerous BMs per day. I thought, right, I have a lot of them and I'M not an overeater! :-) Now, 100 pounds heavier, I know I am. So I'm not surprised to find I don't even go every day now. I'm not taking in that much more than my body needs, after all. And I eat a TON of fiber and drink a lot of water every day, good oils, etc. I will say, however, that I miss it. God, I can't believe I just publicly admitted that!
  • coe28
    Options
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Cilantro is VERY good for, um, digestion.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Just going to say it again...FAT, FAT, FAT...everyone cuts out fat when they diet...ergo the pooping problems.
  • coe28
    Options

In order to poop-one must drink lots of water.

I do, sadly it doesn't help :cry:
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The answer I've found is that cleaner eating generally equals a "low residue" diet....
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee, or go for a run. Even more fun would be to eat a buttload of chocolate. That'll get things going for sure.

"A buttload of chocolate"

BWHWHWHAHAHAHAHHAH
  • Clairead89
    Clairead89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried laxative teas? I'm the same way, girl, and it's awful. I'm like 'remind me why I'm eating all these vegetables again?' But there is a tea called 'Smooth Move' it has a pleasant peppermint flavor and it WORKS! The only thing that has ever worked for me. I get it at Heath Stores and even some Grocery stores where I live.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    yogurt