I approached my gym crush .....

Options

Replies

• MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    the last part "yes and maybe later more".. I would tread cautiously...
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I honesly would have straight out asked him what he meant by it.. I am pretty straight forward lol
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    He said he was dealing with some bs so that he wanted to take care of it first.

Me: I really appreciate the honesty and I don't want to cause problems. I won't text you anymore...and I am sorry for any problems I might of caused.

Him: No you don't have to stop texting me its not like that we are not together anymore.

Me: Well I guess one can't never have too many friends, right (always trying to be nice :( )

Him: Yes and maybe later more

Wait, so he's still with his ex? :huh:

If that's the case then keep him friend status only.
  • esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If my suspisions are right I think they might of lived together or still living together.....
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am curious.... so bump
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    He said he was dealing with some bs so that he wanted to take care of it first.

Me: I really appreciate the honesty and I don't want to cause problems. I won't text you anymore...and I am sorry for any problems I might of caused.

Him: No you don't have to stop texting me its not like that we are not together anymore.

Me: Well I guess one can't never have too many friends, right (always trying to be nice :( )

Him: Yes and maybe later more

Player:mad:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If my suspisions are right I think they might of lived together or still living together.....

Ahhh.

Is t here any way you can get more info on it without asking him? The BS could be that she's moving out or something like that.

I'm trying to stay positive here LOL.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Wow...this went from 'cute and sweet' to "potential cluster****" :laugh:
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    His ex isn't his ex..... yet..............

unfortunately...this ^^
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    The only reason you're giving this clown so many chances is because he's hot. That speaks volumes. Find another guy who actually isn't a d-bag. It just isn't that tough.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can read updates later! ::bigsmile:

And yeah, I suspect that ex isn't an ex.
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    The only reason you're giving this clown so many chances is because he's hot. That speaks volumes. Find another guy who actually isn't a d-bag. It just isn't that tough.

You might be up to something here....lol
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Bumping so I can read updates later! ::bigsmile:

And yeah, I suspect that ex isn't an ex.

Agree!!! :mad:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Hit him over the head with the chain and be done with it.
    Oh wait, wrong thread...
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Update and not a good one!!

I received a text yesterday from him. The text said that he was dealing with some bs from his ex and that he didn't want to get involved until he cleared it up. I respect his decision and really apreciate the honesty and I reply with a no worries my intension were never to cause problems. So we agreed to be friends...I didn't text him yesterday but he send me a text thismorning and I didn't wanted to be rude so I replied back.

:sad:

Okay, guys, what's your take on this?
    Is he playing her or is he being honest?:huh:

Awww. I was happy to read that they spoke.

Honestly, I think the ex is actually current. So...playing her. Sounds like he may have had a change of heart about creepin'. What kind of BS could he need to clear up with an ex that would keep hime from talking to another girl?

But he wasn't creeping. They were at the gym at the same time and would work in sets etc. Eventually they actually talked, exchanged names and numbers and were going to go out on a date.

Who knows what BS he might have with an ex that he has to deal with.She could be some psycho that he doesn't want bothering the OP or he's just being respectful and keeping the BS from her because he doesn't want her to get mad and annoyed over whatever he has to clear up.

I wasn't saying he was creeping. I know they only worked out together. The date part is where it would get into the creeping territory. If he has a current girlfriend and enters into a personal relationship of sorts with the OP, that's creeping...at least to me.

As far as my question about the BS... what's he going to do? Let an ex keep him from living his life? Dating a pretty girl? Nope. To me, it sounds like he is attached and had a crisis of conscience about meeting up with/talking to another woman, at least until he breaks up with his girl or decides he wants to go through with creeping. Maybe it's just me...I just don't buy the "BS I gotta clear up" line.

I can appreciate him pumping the brakes, but I just don't think he's doing it to protect OP from a crazy ex or messy drama. I think he has a significant other and thought better of stepping outside of that.

I hope I'm wrong and OP and Crush can get to know each other better.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

This is the single biggest problem with every single woman. You all have this laundry list of traits you think make up a decent guy but at every turn you'll throw all of those out the window like for some guy just because of the way he looks regardless of how bad he treats you.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    God!

It's so awful how all you WOMEN are always hitting on us guys at the gym!

I'm just trying to go there and become fit and healthy and I can't get through one workout without you ladies perving on me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    :grumble:

This is the single biggest problem with every single woman. You all have this laundry list of traits you think make up a decent guy but at every turn you'll throw all of those out the window like for some guy just because of the way he looks regardless of how bad he treats you.

Well my wall are already up
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

There's some truth to that, but are guys any more discerning?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    this sounds like a real life telenovela (soap opera) LOL

any more updates on this?