Can we talk poop for a minute?

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    yeah think its just the nature of the beast with clean eating

water, fiber, morning coffee not sure much else we can do :P - your not alone though

Hmmm....something seems to be wrong with a diet that prevents one from pooping. Unless you are working at ultimate efficiency and there is no bodily waste.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that goes 2-3 times a day, at the same time everyday? I am clockwork when it comes to defecating.

You would room well with Sheldon Cooper.
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Green Tea girly!!!
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Call me immature, but when I red this and saw your expression in your photo, I lol'd! Can't believe no one pointed that out.

I have nothing helpful to say that previous posters didn't already cover.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that goes 2-3 times a day, at the same time everyday? I am clockwork when it comes to defecating.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous right now. I'm lucky if I get twice a week!

I don't know where it all goes, because it's certainly not coming out!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with the issue.... another friend of mine just told me to add a tsp of flaxseed to my morning smoothie, so I'm going to give that a shot.
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    When it comes to pooping and staying regular, all you hear is fiber...fiber...execise...fiber...water...fiber... Yeah, that's not doing it for me. The cleaner a lifestyle I lead, the harder it is for me to poop. Eventually, I'm going to have to resort to eating Taco Bell, since that manages to produce a movement for me within a couple of hours.

Does anyone else find this to be true? (Not necessarily the Taco Bell thing, but the rest of it.)

this happened to me, i was confused.... dreaming back on my vegan days when I pooped 5 times a day, more water, fiber and enough fat and the occasional protein shake.... i don't know what it is about them, but I've found they are the last resort to poop happenings.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Green Tea girly!!!

I drink at least 16 oz of green tea every day and it is not helping at all :sad:
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous right now. I'm lucky if I get twice a week!

I don't know where it all goes, because it's certainly not coming out!

Saaaaaaame here. Except I know that it is one reason why my belly isn't flatter....
  • doctorwhome
    Options

I thought the exact same thing!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee, or go for a run. Even more fun would be to eat a buttload of chocolate. That'll get things going for sure.

Buttload seems to be the problem.

My go to solution is mango and papaya.

Or is that go two, go too?
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Why is poop under food and nutrition? You people are weird.

google 2 girls 1 cup and it will all become clear.

To the OP. No. I never have a problem pooping. No matter what I eat

MEAN!
  • Star512
    Star512 Posts: 1
    Options
    I found this online to help with your problem, i'm going to check into buying an organic probiotic pill. good luck and bombs away!
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/probiotic-foods/
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Are you pooping in your profile picture by any chance?
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Eventually, I'm going to have to resort to eating Taco Bell, since that manages to produce a movement for me within a couple of hours.

lol... for me my oatmeal with chia seeds every morning seems to work. I use to go 2 or 3 times a week. Now I go about once a day.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I was having trouble. Now, as long as I reach my fat goal I go every morning. Every damn morning, just as my kid needs to get on the bus. And my body apparently decides that if I don't reach the toilet in that time then I don't deserve to do so. Then I have to wait another day.
    I used to have severe constipation issues, but I started drinking coffee in the morning (just 1 cup) again and its helped. Now I'm regular... so long as I get in the bathroom at a certain time, lol.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Try the "P" fruits, pineapple, plumbs, prunes(dried plums), pears. I think 2 or 3 prunes a day should do the trick.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue and then read the BEST ADVICE EVER from another MFP poster. I'm sorry I don't remember who it was, but if they see this: THANK YOU! You should try adding a magnesium supplement to your diet. I take one that has calcium/magnesium/zinc (I read several articles before trying just to make sure this was ok to do, and found this recommendation for menopausal women). I take one with every meal. It has completely changed my system! I used to have to resort to good old Exlax every week or so. No more! I'm like clockwork now! I realize this may be TMI for some, but if you clicked on this post, you probably either have the same issue or know of a remedy. For me, magnesium has done the trick~
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I'm offended by this topic.