Favorite HEALTHY cereal?

Options

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I stick with plain Cheerios. I have very few trigger foods, and sugar cereal is at the top of the list. I can stop after a single piece of chocolate, but sugar cereal? I will fill a solo cup with cereal and overflowing with milk, then when the cereal runs out, i add more to the milk, then it needs more milk, and then more cereal. I can easily eat 2-3 big red solo cups full of cereal and milk that way, so that's like what...somewhere around 5 cups of cereal AND 5 cups of milk.. yeah so.. 1000 calories on cereal. my goodness. i admit i do miss my cinnamon toast crunch coco krispies corn pops frosted flakes, but I have let them go.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds crazy but "Skinny B" Cereal from Holy Crap Cereal company. It the only one that seems healthy without making it myself.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Salmon, spinach and feta omlette

I know it isn't cereal but it is way better for you.
  • nharder1
    nharder1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like Special K Chocolate or Fiber One Chocolate. Fiber one has some low calorie options too.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I stick with plain Cheerios. I have very few trigger foods, and sugar cereal is at the top of the list. I can stop after a single piece of chocolate, but sugar cereal? I will fill a solo cup with cereal and overflowing with milk, then when the cereal runs out, i add more to the milk, then it needs more milk, and then more cereal. I can easily eat 2-3 big red solo cups full of cereal and milk that way, so that's like what...somewhere around 5 cups of cereal AND 5 cups of milk.. yeah so.. 1000 calories on cereal. my goodness. i admit i do miss my cinnamon toast crunch coco krispies corn pops frosted flakes, but I have let them go.

As someone who has recently rediscovered their love for captain crunch, this hurts my heart.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Toasted Berry Crumble. Nothing should ever taste THAT darn good!!

Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax is very good as well, especially with Silk Almond or Silk Almond Unsweetend Vanilla.

Yes! Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax is my current addiction--- with the Silk Very Vanilla Soy Milk. Freaking awesome!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Meh, still don't think there's a healthy cereal. Granola is way too high in sugar.

I'll go with eggs or yoghurt or cheese or fish.

yep, i agree. maybe if you make your own granola it is better, but there is a lot of sugar in all cereals ive seen. Go with real food, not boxed if you want healthy. i avoid cereal because i can't stop at one bowl since the sugar makes me hungrier for more.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Kashi Strawberry Fields is my fave.
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax is a new love. I just had it for the first time this morning. Swoon.

And I hate cereal. So it's a big deal that I like these two.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    "Healthy Cereal" is a misnomer. Oatmeal is probably one of the more healthy....but they are all processed foods which one should avoid when eating "healthy".
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Low Calorie doesn't mean healthy... Because 1 cup of Captain Crunch only has 100 calories.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

omg, this is me! i can get to 1000 calories easily with cereal and milk. i just dont start cause then i wont stop. its like cake to me.
  • beckysiz
    beckysiz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    all boxed cereal is bad or you. Try homemade granola or steel cut oats.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use cereal as a topping for my yogurt - I almost never eat it as my main course. I really like Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus cereal... it's low in sugar, organic, and doesn't have any crazy additives. I used to be crazy about Kashi GoLean, but I've discovered that I'm sensitive to soy and need to stick to cereals that don't add soy proteins.
  • garnet116
    garnet116 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do eat oatmeal as well.. I alternate between cereal and oatmeal in the morning. I"m not asking whether you think cereal is healthy or not, I'm asking for the people that actually like cereal to tell me which ones they like.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax So Good and Healthy too.I like it with a 1/2 cup blueberry and Almond milk.

I agree! Love love love Kashi.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    John McCain Steel cut oats mixed with some Fage 2 percent
  • amandatredway3
    amandatredway3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the Kashi cereal right now and it's not bad. It's filling but the flavor is sort of bland.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    00637480356022_full.jpg
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I eat the Special K Satisfaction on days when I know I won't get much/any exercise because its super low-cal and helps me to stay under my calorie limit. That being said, it's pretty high on carbs so it's not ideal.

Generally I don't eat cereal in the mornings unless I really have no time, though. Too carb-y for me.
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Kashi. I love Kashi products, although I haven't been eating them since I starting trying to eat clean ... but yeah, Kashi is great because it tastes amazing, has some protein and doesn't give you the sugar spike that most processed sugary carbs do.

MMMmmm ... I really miss cinnamon toast crunch