Favorite HEALTHY cereal?

Options

Replies

• darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereals are generally awesome. :smile: Favorites are Go Lean Crunch and Go Lean Crisp... not much for the original Go Lean. Love the Mountain Berry Granola, but I can eat WAY too much of it, so I try to avoid it. lol

For a change and sort of a "treat", I like Special K Red Berries, Vanilla Almond, and Chocolatey Red Berries. But, I don't find them as filling or long lasting. Tasty, though.

Oh, Cascadian Farms has some good ones, too! I just bought their new "Berry Cobbler"... omg, delicious.
  • hiphopdisco
    hiphopdisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wheaties!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    http://www.kashi.com/products/category/Cold Cereal
    lists all their products with access to nutrition info

My personal favorite cereal is grapenuts.
  • candieprayz
    candieprayz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Special K Fruit & Yogurt! It recently became my favorite!
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with either cinnamon, or a little butter and salt and pepper. Once in awhile, hulled barley cause it pops in your mouth!!:tongue:
  • weightwinner72
    Options
    All boxed cereal is not bad for you,where did you get this information from :huh:

Shredded Wheat and plain mini shredded wheat and bran do not have ANY sugar in them,0.

So far that is the only cold cereal I have found that has none and has no other fake ingredients whatsoever.

I know this because I have basically read the NI on every box of cereal in regular grocery stores,I am sure there would be more in health food stores.
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Honey nut cheerios or any of the post honey bunches of oats - one cup of cereal and 1/2 cup of 2% milk is a great way to start off your day and there full of vitamins....
  • cmarreee
    cmarreee Posts: 10
    Options
    Arrowhead Mills and Nature's Path both make quite a few varieties of "puffed" cereals with nothing added- just the grain itself. A bag is only $2 at Shoprite/$2.19 at Whole Foods, here atleast. I like the millet and kamut best, but they make puffed corn, wheat, and I just bought a bag of puffed barley but haven't tried it yet, I've heard they make puffed quinoa but I haven't seen it anywhere :(. They're good to add volume to a bowl of calorie dense cereal/trail mix/homemade granola/protein bars etc because they're pretty low calorie; millet puffs have 60 calories per 16g cup(1g fiber 2g protein), kamut puffs have 50 cal/cup(2g fiber 3g protein). Super plain, not particularly crunchy either but a good base for add-ins.
  • cmarreee
    cmarreee Posts: 10
    Options
    Kellogg's All Bran Wheat Flakes, it's the only cereal other than oatmeal that I will eat!!!

The All Bran "buds" are good too:)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon toast crunch

Edit- didn't realize it said healthy. In that case, never ask me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to go with Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    the answer is always cap'n crunch. sometimes, feel free to switch it up. add crunch berries. maybe go to peanut butter. but never forget the cap'n.
  • trish8633
    Options
    I started mixing chia seed with my yogurt. The protein in the yogurt along with the "expanding" chia seeds (react with water to help you feel full) helps me keep going all morning. Instead of all the carbs in the cereal, the chia adds that crunch like cereal.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Kashi cinnamon crumble with almond milk. One of my favorite bedtime snacks
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    My favs are shredded wheat, shreddies, stone ground oats with apples and cinnamon(crock pot), vector cereal, and the flaky ones like corn flakes, Special K or rice crispies. I don't actually eat cereal very much though.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Is there anything better than Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Except maybe Frosted Flakes. Good god. I have, on more than one occasion, consumed an entire box of Frosted Flakes in one sitting. The milk leftover in the bowl could throw a normal man directly into a diabetic coma.

I am no normal man!
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Cheerios or kashi go lean are my two!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    In no particular order-

Cheerios Multigrain
    Chocolate Cheerios
    Honey Nut Cheerios
    Post Honey Shredded Wheat
    Special K Original and the chocolate one
    Cap'N Crunch Original, Peanut Butter and Berries
    Cocoa Puffs
    Reese's Puffs
    Cocoa Rice Crispies
    Life Cinnamon
    Honey Bunches of Oats
    Frosted Flakes
    Apple Jacks
    Froot Loops
    Kix
    Puffins Cereal
    ...and lots more....I eats all the cereal!!!

I love cereal and oatmeal. I usually have 3-4 different kinds of cereal at any given time. Also I will eat any with or without milk :D They make great snacks!
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Squares...80 calories per serving...
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal w/ chia seeds most of the time but now and then have some Fiber One Chocolate or anything else I have a taste for;)