How concerned are you abut gaining back?

Options
124»

Replies

• Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm far from goal but the thought of this scares me sh_tless! All that hard work and time gone! The sad thing is that to maintain this I'll have to be doing the same thing over and over again for the rest of my life, but then I balance that with the fear.

I agree 100%. People who say they will never go there again need to be realistic. We didn't want to gain that much in the first place. It can happen agaiin. There are days when I know that I could resort to the same old habits very easily. I envy people who don't give a second thought about what they eat and don't gain weight. Thank good ness for MFP. I'm older than most so sometimes I wonder if they will have a computer for me to log on when I'm in assisted.:ohwell:

Were you logging your food when you gained back? I know I wasn't. Am I going to continue logging when I reach goal? You bet I am.

^^this. Not afraid. But I'm definitely more aware of my habits now.. Also the means of getting healthy were different for me now. I wasn't looking for a "quick fix" I've accepted I will be logging calories. When I don't I'm less accountable.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Concern Yes, I wouldn't neccesarily say "Fear". I do believe that MFP, Tracking My Food, and being Accountable for my Exercise will be part of My Lifestyle Forever, just like a Diabetic has to check their Blood Sugar regularly.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My only concern is that I will lose the ability to stay active and keep lifting heavy things. I'm due for some quite serious back surgery in the next couple of years that will restrict my ability to exercise (but make the pain stop, so there's that.)

Terrified that I'll regain. Or just that I'll get skinny fat and have this loose, flabby body even if I do maintain the weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight once. About 25LBS. I lost weight very "well", I think. And have kept it off for for over 10 years now...Basically, I learned how to eat. In the first few years after I lost, I would log for a while any time the scale crept up. That helped. Like a tune up. A calibration.... Now I'm here to manage menopause, and the common weight related issues. Menopause vigilance. :happy: I'm still within 3-5LBS of my preferred weight.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Zero fear.

Same.

If my clothes start to get tight, I know exactly what to do to get them fitting again. If I did it once, I can do it again, if I have to.

QFT!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Not at all. First, the small deficit I adhere to eliminates regain of fat mass when I return to maintenance. Second, I do lean mass gain and cut cycles so I am fine with periods of increased fat mass to increase lean mass.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    not.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    All I gotta say is, I didn't come this far, work this hard, sweat, cry, pant, and beg for mercy this much too gain any weight back.
    The End!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    It isn't even a possibility.

I have all the tools and knowledge I need to make sure I am the person I want to be, inside and out.

I love this:)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nope. I haven't really been able to work out since the beginning of the year due to back issues.
    And I've maintained.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Concerned enough to be mindful of the possibility and aware that it could happen if I don't pay attention, but no more than that.

I lost once, and gained it back, and I know how and why it happened (exactly the same way I gained in the first place) so I feel prepared.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    I've worked REALLY hard the last year to get where I am. My entire outlook on life has changed and I feel I now possess the knowledge to live a better life so no fears here. There is no way I will ever let myself go through this process again.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I'm not afraid at all. I started running and doing Crossfit to lose weight and gain strength for my job but they turned into both my sole source of social interaction and personal pride. I've basically made these things huge parts of my life that I can't imagine not doing anymore. I'll always run and do Crossfit (until I am physically unable) because I love it. I'll always eat healthy foods because I like the way they make me feel. I'm not afraid of going back to my old ways because they simply don't appeal to me anymore.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    If I regain, it's because I stopping doing what I need to do to live a healthy life. Which will NOT happen because I like myself too much, now.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I used to be so afraid of gaining my weight back, for the longest time. There is still a very small part of me that fears it, but that fear resides very deep and I sometimes think it will always be there, to some extent. I have learned over the past couple of years, however, that i need not worry as much as I previously thought I did. I used to worry that if I missed a work out, I would gain. If I ate out, I would gain. If I went on vacation where there was lots of good food and no gym, I would enter that downward spiral of gaining all my weight back. But time and time again I have found myself in those situations and have still been able to maintain my weight. I have also become more knowledgeable about how the human body works, in general (as well as what works for mine, specifically) so I rarely worry or stress out about those things anymore. I think it's normal to worry in the beginning, but with time and experience, that fear will dwindle down if you don't let yourself fall back into your previous, unhealthy lifestyle. Staying positive and motivated (even when you're struggling) is important. :flowerforyou:
  • rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i just got a slap in the face. i regained 6lbs which doenst sound like much but i had only lost 20 so this is a big slide. and if it can happen now it can happen anytime.
    i have woken up to the relaization that this is a whole life plan. all my life i will struggle and win against this

good luck to everyone here. you are all so admirable
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Since it took me 5+ years to regain the 60lbs from the first time around, definitely. Though I'm now very aware of what things get dropped first to try to mitigate that on the way down. It will be a slower process but I want to make sure I do things that are sustainable without lying to myself. I also am seeing what mistakes were made the first time that I wasn't aware of so I do have more tools for myself with the information I've gained while using the site.
  • parkiegirl
    parkiegirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gain is the reason I'm back on here. I got the weight off,and left myself open to a 3lb - 4lb fluctuation. I got on the scale this morning and I was over a pound over the high end. It doesn't seem like much at all, but let's face it, it's a very slippery slope!. I've been making bad food choices for last couple of weeks, hanging with the grandkids( they are super active) and stress with elderly parents, VERY bad combination. I know what I have to do and that's why I'm back, MFP is the VERY best way to get yourself back on track!
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You have brought new light to me! :smile:
  • kellyb234
    kellyb234 Posts: 27
    Options
    I worrie but for good reason, I've lost 75 pounds I was 6 pounds away from my goal and just lost my mind. I stoped using the site , stoped portion controll and excersising. I ended up gaining 15 pounds back none of my clothes fit. I've just in the last 3 weeks started losing the weight again by doing everything I am sapose to, but iam afraid if I get close again it will just start all over.