Goal weight for 5'10 female?

Options

Replies

• jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my first goal was 170 which I have already met. I am working on 165 right now and will be going down in 5 lb increments until I get to a weight that feels perfect. I don't think I will go below 155 though since I have a large frame. I have also lost over 120 lbs so far so it's going to get to a point where continuing to lose just makes the excess skin on my abdomen worse. I have a large frame to take into consideration too.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Many of the women here have responded the way I feel... I'm currently at 250 and I've never been below 210 in my adult life (that I know)... so I'm aiming for 190 because I'm built with a thicker structure... and I'll reevaluate when I get there. I think... I think I could get to 170... but that might make me look silly... we'll just see. I've always held my weight so well that no one could even come close to guessing... (or I have really nice people in my life who have always UNDER bid when it comes to that!)
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and would like to get into a healthy BMI, 175 is on the line of ok/overweight, then have a re- think. I am currently 184. I am a size UK16 at the mo, but my jeans are very baggy so poss. could be a UK14. A UK size12 would be nice, not been there since I was aged 16!!
  • flowerpower381
    flowerpower381 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and right now I want to be 165.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" according to the doctors scales, though I always though I was 5'10"!

I'm currently at 169lbs, and although I feel a lot better, I'm still pretty flabby! I'm aiming for 154lbs which would point me in the middle of a healthy BMI range, but I'll be happy with 160 if that includes some more muscle!

If I could get into UK size 14 trousers again that would be fantastic! right now I can handle size 14 dresses, but not trousers, though the 16s I have are too big now, I can't fit a 14.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I am 5 9 and my goal weight is 175, we will see how I look as I get closer.

This is me as well. At 175 I will re-evaluate whether I feel heatlthy and fit, as I believe it's still slightly above the medical definition of "healthy" (155-168, or something similar). If I feel like I can lose more, I know that at 155 I am about a size 6-8, and I'm not sure I want to be that thin. At 175 I am a 10-12, which feels "right" to me (or it did 10 years ago, LOL).
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal is 140 but I'd probably be happy with 145. I'm currently 156 with a medium build and feel pretty flabby in some problem areas.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 with a large frame. My goal is to weigh what my drivers license has said (erroneously) since I was 16: 165. Realistically, I'm pushing for a sub-200 number by my birthday in mid January. It'd be super awesome (but unrealistic?) if I could have 100lbs off by the time I hit my year on MFP in mid February, but we'll see ...

I started at 283; 218 (again, finally, post-Thanksgiving, as of this am) currently ... I guess 65lbs is nothing to sneeze at, but now that I can shop in normal people sizes (size 14, baby! ... from 20-22), I'd like to actually look good in things. And outside of things.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5'10" currently at my heaviest ever 168-170. Would love to get down to 150 then shoot for 140. The smallest i've ever been was 123-125, don't want to get that low.
    I'm currently a size 8-10 depending on the maker, my goal is to get back to size 6.
    I've been tracking with MFP for about a month and have lost 1 lb! SOOO discouraged :<
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I weighed 168.5 the last time I weighed myself (I won't be weighing myself again until Jan. 1st so, I might be a little lighter). Although I look fine at at my current weight, I want to get down to 155.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and my goal weight is currently 137, around the weight I was when I got married. The last time I remember feeling really "skinny" I was 120-125. I don't think I can get there again (without drastic measures) but I think 137 is doable and maintainable. I'd like to be 20% body fat... that's the real measure I'll be looking at rather than # on the scale.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'9 and am currently 136, aiming after many re-evaluations (started at 170 as UGW, then 165, then 150, then 135, then 130) for 125lbs. I always thought I had a large frame but after losing the 60+lbs I'm actually a small-medium frame! I just want to be slender, not sickly.
  • hdegurse
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I weigh 158. I plan to stay between 150 and 160. I had Gastric Bypass in March 2011 and lost 100lbs. My doc says I am where I need to be. My daughter is also 5'10" and weighs about 125lbs. She is constantly being asked why she is so thin.
  • br16girl
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and (though I haven't been able to weigh myself in almost 2 months) would peg myself at about 159lbs. I would love to get down to 140lbs or so, though. I don't think I've ever been below 140 (and even that was a while ago) but I recall looking just on the verge of "thin" when I was. I have a very thin waist, but somewhat bulky arms and legs, so my goal is more likely "whenever my arms and thighs start to thin out a bit" than an actual weight!
  • katdar23
    katdar23 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal is 125 right now(: i weight about 140 so im close! the only reason I have to get so low is because I was scouted for a modeling agency and I need to lose the pounds :/
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, large framed, workout 5-6 days a week and am currently 168lbs. My "goal" has been 160.

I've been as low as 155 as an adult but that was 10 years and 2 kids ago (25 years old vs 35 years old). I have been unable to get under 168 in the last 5 years and am starting to try to accept that this is probably my healthy weight. But, I would LOVE to lose 5-8% body fat so I wouldn't feel so flabby.
  • HonoriaLucasta
    HonoriaLucasta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my happy weight is between 155 and 165, depending on how much beer I've been drinking. :) That works out to a solid 8/size 29 jeans for me, and I can fit in some size 6/28 stuff at 155, though frankly it's too much work for me to stay at the low end; I like beer and dessert more than I like being a size 6. (Right now I am 10 pounds over fighting weight because of a 6-month bout of mild but extremely persistent mono last year, so I am working to get back to the top of the range while getting my fitness back.)

I was overweight (around 185-190, a size 12-14) for my whole life until I was 28, when I took up running and halfassed strength training (and watching calories) and lost 30 pounds + put on muscle. Before that I always said, because I believed it to be true, that I would never fit in any clothes smaller than a 10 because my frame was just too big. Turned out not to be the case.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 - Goal is to stay slightly under 150 and stay in a size 6. My "normal weight" is anywhere between 160-175, but lately I've noticed that I like this weight better.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my goal weight is 145-150, I'm close to that right now.... but my goal is a more lean, toned and healthy me.

I am currently wearing a size 8 in some, my goal is a solid 8 in all clothing.
  • demaul7
    demaul7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and my current goal weight is 164 which is the weight I was when doing my AIT training in the Army. This was working out five days a weeks and being active. I felt healthy, lean and toned. But my first step is to be within Army regulations with is below 178 for my age. :)