Goal weight for 5'10 female?

Options

Replies

• MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'9" and I'm currently at 154lbs which is little more than halfway to my goal of 130. For the people saying they don't think they can get under 175... pfft. That's utter bull. I work in an auto parts factory, it's physically demanding, walking upwards of 6 miles per day and repeatedly lifting heavy parts. I'm more muscular than I've ever been and I'm still down to 155 with belly flub and saggy inner thighs... there's still a lot of weight to lose!

Don't limit yourself. Merely state that this 175 limit is your first goal. Then re-evaluate and press on!

I do agree with not limiting yourself or saying you can't achieve it. We all are capable of anything we work hard enough for.

That said, there isn't a one size fits all goal weight. I've shared this story before but it was a real eye opener for me. My mother-in-law is 5'10" and very small framed. She looks healthy at 135-140lbs. Anything over that and she looks overweight - even with proper weightloss and strength training. I am 5'5" and I look toned and healthy at 145lbs and am well within healthy body fat percentage. I have a much larger frame.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal is 170-180
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my ultimate goal is 180. At the moment I'm losing weight to get ready for some major hip surgery, target of 210, I'm currently sitting at 235; once I'm recovered and healed from surgery I'll keep going to 180.
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm 5'8'' or 5'9'' for sure... but I slouch a lot. Regardless, my goal right now is 175, because I haven't been that small since early high school. I don't even know for sure how I would look. But how I envision myself is closer to between 140-150. Let's just be honest though, I don't know how big/small/heavy my frame is because I've always been pretty big. I just know that the curves are staying. If I get to 150 but I have no butt, I will be going right back up. :) So let's just say 140-160 and drawing the line where the curves still look nice and round. :) Best of luck to you. Don't worry right now about the finished product, just envision a jeans size or a silhouette that you want to acheive, and stop there. Give yourself rewards every time you go down a size. Concentrating on a number doesn't mean as much, because I have seen girls in the size I want to be at very different weight ranges depending on bone structure and muscle mass.
    Just get healthy and look good!:happy:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a goal weight of 165.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'10" and 5'11". My goal weight was 175. After I hit that, I dropped a bit more. Now I like to hang out right around 170-172. I wouldn't mind losing another ten if it came from my hips but unfortunately I can't guarantee that, and I don't want my face/neck/chest losing anything more so I'll stay here for awhile and see how it goes. I'm very happy at this weight and it's a healthy one for me.
  • skyblu263
    skyblu263 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pick a size you want to fit into and feel the best in. Then when you get to that size, weigh yourself. That would be your goal weight.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Just here for the tall women. You are awesome! No tall women around here. I'm 6'3" and I'm supposed to weigh 190-200. Not happening 230-240 is better. Right now at 245-250. Keep it going ladies!
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and currently weigh 179. I have lost 16 pounds to date and want to get down to between 165-170. Anything below that and I look too thin. With frame and bone structure varying greatly, it is really hard to say what is normal for all. At one time after a surgery I was down to 147 and everyone was extremely concerned. So....that tells me I didn't look healthy (which I wasn't). Hope this helps!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    5'10" here. I started at 165, and I am a figure competitor so my weight fluctuates depending on whether I'm prepping for a show or not. Off-season I like to stay right around 150lbs. When I compete, I'm normally in the 135-140 range. I'm competing two weeks from Saturday and currently weigh 143.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    6 feet.
    goal weight is 175 pounds. I am at 179 now.
  • cbhutton
    cbhutton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'10" and I've been in the 140s most of my adult life (weight loss reflected here is postpartum). I recently have been eating better and running a lot. Now I am just under 140 and feeling awesome.
    Tall girls unite! :bigsmile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am just a hair shy of 5'10 and my goal is 175-180.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I used to be 5'11" but I swear having babies compressed my spine! At 5'10" now my IDEAL weight would be around the same as yours 165-170. That is where I feel smokin hot. I was 155 when I got married the first time (almost 20 years ago) and I thought I looked bony and gross.

I think you're right on the money honey. Keep in mind, body composition is different for everyone. It's all about you.
  • tiffanyarowell
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 147. I have a medium frame and more of an athletic build. I recently went for a physical and the doc told me for someone of my build 140-160 is the goal range, so I'm aiming to tone up and hopefully drop a couple more pounds. I've been up to 155-160 before and did not feel comfortable at that weight, now a couple pounds less and a lot more toned, I feel much better!
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    !)
    5'10" and my goal is 149... there's just something about being below 150!

LOL!! That's me exactly!

5'10", small frame, currently 158lbs, highest was around 185-190lbs, wear a size 12 jeans and would loooooove a size 8 (and then I wouldn't care what the scale says. Main goal is less body fat....would love to be in the low 20's.
  • Mandy_Jerseygirl
    Mandy_Jerseygirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have set my goal at 180 but always subject to adjustment. I haven't been 180 since 1984, but remember it feeling reeeeeally good :)
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair under 6 foot, with SW: 170, CW: 155, GW: 150. My training regimen is good (just have to get back to it after having been down for 2 months due to surgery), and if I would stop eating pizza all the time150 will definitely be achievable.

I'm near the border between small and medium build, and fwiw, I'd say to watch your measurements rather than the scale. :smile:
  • EWAJH
    EWAJH Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    180lbs, I'm 5'10.
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 150ish.... I think that may be a bit on the lowside...so I may adjust it as I get closer to 160