Replies

• misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    These last lbs are so hard!
  • alisonb13
    alisonb13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Help! I hate this...I've been trying to lose the last 10 lbs forever! Any tips?
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Welcome to our new members! It's great to have you on here!
    Regarding tips for losing the last 10 lbs, some people have upped their net calories slightly (about 200 calories) and increased their exercise routine.
    I also think diet is super important at this stage as every little bit makes a difference, eating as cleanly as possible with little to no added sugar and salt.
    Drink lots of water and get lots of sleep - yes, you lose weight easier if you are well rested!
    Good luck everyone! We can get hot bods in time for summer!
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i wish someone would show my wife that--she adds salt to our meals in the pot--what is the science behind salt and weight loss?
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Bump to find my place... Actually doing pretty well. Trying to shift into a maintenance mind-set. Again, Monday will tell!
  • tal202
    tal202 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi!

This looks like a great group. I only have the 10 lbs to shift but I joined a gym last week (last of three personal trainer sessions tomorrow) so I'm hoping I can finall shift these 'vanity' pounds, or at least get myself toned up.

I have a friend's wedding on August 27th, but still need to buy the dress so my aim is to lose as much as possible (but in a healthy and sustainable way this time) before August 1st so that I have some time to have a look for my perfect outfit.

Any advice, please send my way.

Terry
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    I am going to see if I can step away from daily logging and just monitor healthy choices and not going overboard. In my quest to get to maintenance I need to be able to make good eating decisions even when I am not logging calories. Still working on the plan but it will include whole foods, portion control and balance. I would call it "Awareness without Obsession!" :happy: (Hmm, sounds like a blog to me) :happy:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Okaaay, talking to myself here.. :ohwell: I'll see if anyone else hops back in. Monday weigh-in has me back up 1 lb. Perhaps my not counting calories is not going to well. :noway: Of course exercsing only 2 out of 5 days can't help either. Better keep more focussed! weight 136.4
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I hope you all had a great weekend. I had a great time in San Diego with my fiance. I didn't get to work out, but my best friend wanted me to relax and enjoy my time with him. We did walk everyone. Didn't even move our car, so I know we burned some calories. Did enjoy two glasses of wine with a tasty lobster dinner! Oh well.
    Now, ready to get back in the groove of things. I'm actually going to be adding one more workout to my day this week, see how it works. My plan is to do Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown in the morning, then after work do my hour to 90 minutes of the Brazil Butt Lift and at night when my fiance gets home, we will do a 30 minute circuit training video from Beachbody.
    See how it all works
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nice Gaby! That's an ambitious plan. I am so happy in I get in 20min of aerobic something a day. Did pretty well eating today, and went jogging! I think the big difference is the lack of high-calorie temptations. A few weeks ago an entire pie and quart of ice cream made it into the house and I think I am finally recovering from the over-indulgences. 146.6 today! Pre-pie I was down to 145, and I know I can make it there again soon!
  • MrsNeuman
    MrsNeuman Posts: 76
    Options
    Ugh I feel stupid to even post on here anymore, because after the wedding, honeymoon with all you can eat buffets and weeks of moving and sorting with no exercise and making bad choices, I now need to lose 13 lbs.

I'm so mad at myself, but what can I say, in Mexico during the honeymoon I had the time of my life, so no regrets, just work harder, and make healthier choices.

current weight 140.6
    goal 127
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    don't worry Neuman! Most of that is probably water weight! It will come off real fast once you get back on track.
    I was off track for a few weeks eating whatever I wanted, and now I am back on my game and in a few days got my weight down down down!!!
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This sounds like the perfect group for me. I am 5'3" and began MFP on May 1st. My starting weight was 134.5. My CW is now 127. My GW is 120. I fully agree that those last 10 are tough! I'm really looking forward to being a part of this group! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    For one brief moment yesterday I weighed 123, halfway to my goal weight. But then I ate some grains/gluten, including 3 small cookies last night. Today my stomach is bloated and painful and I weigh 125 :frown: I gotta work on my self control so I can beat the mid-120s!!! :mad:

The scale really started moving again with eat stop eat, though. If I can avoid the foods my body considers poisonous I know I will reach goal by mid July.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group if it's not too late. I weigh 149lb and would like to weight 139lb or lower. I have been gaining and losing the same 7lb since January. I think I'm seriously going to have to change my diet to reduce carbs and sugar as much as possible. I'm ok with working out, I do boxing once a week, bootcamp once a week, body pump twice a weeks and I use the treadmil a few times each week too. I'm thinking of increasing my cardio to 5 x 1hr sessions each week. What is everyone else doing? Any ideas?

Please add me as a friend as I really need the support :smile:
  • gabyp0716
    Options
    Ugg I feel like I've been fighting with the same 2 lbs the last couple weeks. Why are these last 10 lbs so tough!!! But gotta keep pushing. Me and my fiance have decided to throw a Greek Themed Engagement party at the end of July so it give me over a month to look my best! I'm gonna buy a super "hot" greek goddess dress, so I want to look really cute in it. Its going to be the motivation I need.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi everyone! sorry I haven't been very active this week - I've been sick, so I haven't even been logging foods. Actually thought of eating was totally disgusting to me this week!! This means I was VERY sick :) I've managed to eat things like toast wtih honey and some cookies, pasta, rice. I think I even met my calorie goals despite all of this!

Welcome to the group Sunshine and Cutmd! I you go back to some earlier posts in this thread you will see a discussion of what people have been doing at this stage of their weight loss journey, includin the ratio of carbs/fats etc.

Hooosier - are you back to logging food every day? I can't wait until i get to the point where I won't need to log any more, as I will know exactly what I need to eat in order to maintain. We'll all get there eventually!!

Gaby - have you found your Greek Goddess dress yet? You will look gorgeous!

Welcome back Neuman! sound like you had an amazing honeymoon! The extra lbs will come off in no time at all!

Have a good weekend everyone! This always seems the hardest time to stay within your calories but let's all do it this time!
  • tal202
    tal202 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...Well if I am honest my food diary would have been shocking if I had actually found the time to complete it all. I started a new job on Monday so there have been lots of naughty lunches out which I have been trying to justify.

However, I am trying very hard on the gym front and I am rather proud that I am really getting into it all. Two weeks down and I have probably been about 9 times for either a work out or a swim so fingers crossed I will start getting into a good routine. Also, I am back to taking packed lunches with me to work and cereal for breakie so I shall endevour to make some improvements from now on.

I had home to Plymouth to introduce the boyfriend to all my friend who have yet to meet him so I have set myself a mini goal to have lost at least four lbs by then.

Good luck everyone for the upcoming week.
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    Ok so I am back again and I need to lose a bit of the weight I put back on. I made it to my goal and then some before my wedding and I was happy, I felt perfect and beautiful!!! But since the wedding and the honeymoon, I have been eating a bit more then I should. I went to a bridal shower for a family memeber yesterday and when I put on an outfit, it fit TIGHT....... To tight... :(
    I need to make these changes to lose this weight and keep it off!!
    We can all achieve our goals and maintain it when we achieve them.
  • gabyp0716
    Options
    Last week, I was just not feeling it. I don't know what happened, but my motivation and determination were not very strong. And of course having people around me tell me that I look great, make me relax and not be as strict on myself as I should. I want to get to my goal for myself. Its soo nie to receive a compliment, but I need to stick to it cause I want to see how far I can go.
    This week, I'm more than determine to get back on track. Its not going to be easy because I already have things that I gotta do after work most day, but I made sure to schedule them for later so I can push myself to go straight home and workout before I meet up with people.

On a side note - yes I fould a dress for my greek party. Its soo pretty, I actually bought it online, so it should arrive this week, in case I need to exchange it for a new size, in case you want to check it out here is the link: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Betsy-Adam-Womens-Sequin-Embellished-Gown/4817183/product.html