How much did you lose before somebody noticed?

Options

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    since i started in the low 160s and my goal is the mid 130s (in the low 150s now), people noticed after i shed 10#...but people have really been noticing since i've been strength training!!
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    30 pounds, and then when people started noticing they REALLY started noticing and asking how I was doing it.

I don't know if they didn't notice so much as they just didn't want to say anything until they were 100% sure I had lost weight, at 30 pounds it was pretty obvious so maybe they just felt it was safe to say something at that point.

I admit it, I have an acquaintance who I *think* might have lost a bit of weight, but I haven't said anything because I'm not sure, and I don't want to seem insulting by saying "did you lose weight" if she hasn't, because that could be taken as "I thought you were fatter."
  • DelilaLightfoot
    Options
    My husband said he could definitely see a loss around the 15-20lbs mark. No one else seemed to notice and then it occured to me that maybe because I am still wearing the same (now quite loose) clothes they probably hide the loss. I went out to dinner last weekend wearing a new better fitting top and someone that hadn't seen me for a couple of months noticed straight away :happy:
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Uh still waiting for someone to notice.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 50 pounds and no one has noticed. My Dad (who I haven't seen in a year) told me I look exactly the same this past week. That bummed me out so much.
  • newme2105
    newme2105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've had comments on my hair and clothes this week - but no-one's mentioned my weight. I am still chuffed though as a few weeks ago I couldn't wear that particular outfit as I was too big!
  • BeautifulCRYS
    Options
    I lose around 10 pounds before somebody noticed.
  • starbab311
    starbab311 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think with losing 10lbs I must have gained a new confidence so I was dressing different and carrying myself differently. My co-workers noticed and were commenting and started supporting me (or shaking their heads when I reached for chips instead of a banana as a snack)
  • starbab311
    starbab311 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when people are close to you they don't see it == even I didn't see it until I jumped on the scale and went "whoa!"
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think the best feeling is knowing for myself, not necessarily having other people notice, but it is nice if they do. It's the best feeling ever knowing that efforts are paying off. Even if my weight hasn't shifted then I know that my confidence is growing just by taking more care of me, which helps me take more care of those around me!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Ill let you know when it happens :bigsmile: :sad:
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've lost 75 lbs and some people still haven't noticed :tongue:
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    One person at work has noticed so far... that was at 45lbs... :grumble:
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    I started getting lots of comments when I was about 1/2 way to my goal... which was around the 20 lb. mark.

Edited to add: Weight is such a sensitive subject.... I think people are sometimes hesitant to say much. They may be jealous, or they might just be aware that a comment might imply that they thought you NEEDED to lose weight and don't want to offend you. My hubby has noticed my loss, but hasn't said a whole lot since his love for me is not based on my weight. I am happy about that :))
  • rianne04
    rianne04 Posts: 51
    Options
    Some of my friends noticed it at 20lbs.. but none of my closest friends has yet to notice which is a bit discouraging but that's how it is.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It took 41 pounds before anyone noticed... bcuz I was wearing baggy boxy clothes before the weight loss so I looked the same
  • Moosiklaydy
    Options
    I was never that big to begin with, but I would say it took about 15lbs before I got unsolicited compliments on my weight.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    27 pounds and not one soul noticed
  • roodieroo
    roodieroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For me, it was also about 15-20lbs. I started right under 160lbs & am 5'4".
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For me after about 5lbs, because a lot came off my face and collar bone area so you could see it. But now I'm 10lbs down, I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for a year and she straight away said that I looked much thinner.