Replies

• fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    diets....
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I am ridiculously afraid of the thought of eternity. No end. No beginning. Just the inability to know how it began and knowing there will be no end. It freaks me out. I feel like hyperventilating just thinking about it.

I also get terrified and have to sleep with a bible under my pillow any time I watch a movie about demons and paranormla stuffs.

Seems like these two are related...

How So?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Lightning. Even though my chances of being killed by a meteor are better. And I'll lay out on a mountain and happily watch a meteor shower for hours.

It's strange to me that some don't like the thought of space. One reason I love meteor showers is the feeling of being such a small creature on this one little planet. It's comforting. Maybe because people suck and it's nice to know that somewhere out there something better might exist.

Or something worse. Could be something worse. But as long as its something.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    walking into my classroom in the morning seeing that it's a mess...!!! LOL :laugh:
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ...Roller coasters and my nightmare...Also throwing up while asleep is gross.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Odd numbers.
    I bought a car with no volume numbers and my dad fixed every tv in the house to not show a volume bar.
    No joke.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Mental illness, family member dying or being hurt, camel crickets, heights, cougars, other drivers.

Mostly I just exercise and pray and try not worry about these things. I scream for my husband to come kill camel crickets.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Dying while not having given the world a reason to care. I want to have done something, either in a "had a family" sense or an "impact the wider world" sense so that someone may take note that I've gone. I can stand to die alone, but I don't want to be forgotten.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I had a whole slew of strange fears.

They are as follows:

Plugs
    Airvents
    Potato Vampires
    The Poo Poo monster
    Pregnancy
    Touching toilet seats (see pregnancy fear)
    Spontaneous Internal Combustion
    Brain Anuerysms
    Fences
    The Dark
    The Woods
    Death
    Hell
    Heaven
    Night Time
    Being Asleep
    Hurting People
    Touching People

I was pretty screwy
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    aside from my kids being any kind of hurt, I am afraid of 10 years from now and still being my fat old self.. unhappy with my body.. mehhh
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    Snakes...and ending up like my mother. She's a little nuts.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    my biggest fear would be something traumatic happening to my kids (i.e. kidnap, murder, rape, killed in an accident). I don't know how I would cope with that.

QFT I honestly don't know that I'd be able to go on with life if something like this happened...

Definitely my biggest fear...and after I came out of paralysis, I would become like Jodie Foster's vigilante character who killed criminals. That would be my life.

Besides that, spiders, bees, hornets, wasps, etc.,...and recently added to the list, sinkholes.

Oops, almost forgot fear of big-@$$ panties, which is why I've been going commando for the last 8 1/2 years.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    ...and recently added to the list, sinkholes.

No kidding!! What the hell??!!
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My husband dying before me

Cancer of any kind

Alzheimer's

Not being able to sufficiently care for myself financially during "old age"
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have really bad stage fright. It's funny because I have been on a stage since I was 2 years old I even went to a performing arts high school. But I throw up before every performance and get anxiety attacks.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I tend to barge in and confront fears. I was afraid of heights, so I took up technical rock climbing. I was afraid of math, so I majored in biochemistry and had to take 3 semesters of calculus and a bunch of physics.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It may seem odd, but I'm scared of actually getting thin(ner). I've always been overweight or obese, and it's kind of been a protection. I've been thin before, but every time I lose weight, I get hit on or flirted with and it makes me uncomfortable. It's stupid, I know. The more weight I lose, the more attention I get. It's not like I'm hot or anything, regardless of my weight.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I tend to barge in and confront fears. I was afraid of heights, so I took up technical rock climbing. I was afraid of math, so I majored in biochemistry and had to take 3 semesters of calculus and a bunch of physics.

I think you're afraid of having fears...
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    It has been brought to my attention that I have not stated my fears. So...

-Abandonment
    -That I'll be Good at everything and Great at nothing
    -Sharks
    -Heights

I deal with these through communication, art, and bungee jumping. Screw the ocean, I just hate sharks!
  • stella1314
    stella1314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i will tell you the truth:
    i am scared of butterflyes....yes....those pretty flying creatures....:blushing: