Calling all females 5'3 or shorter

Options

Replies

• Kimwilllosetheweight
    Options
    How did most of you start losing weight and how long did it take. BTW I work out everyday for about 1 hour and a half but i have only lost 2lbs in 3 weeks :frown:
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"
    SW: 173
    CW: 116

I never did a reward system for myself. My first goal was 130 by last June which I achieved. I guess my reward was the satisfaction of knowing I succeeded.

*edit to fix spelling error
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How did most of you start losing weight and how long did it take. BTW I work out everyday for about 1 hour and a half but i have only lost 2lbs in 3 weeks :frown:

It took me 11 months to lose the first 43 lbs. I didn't work out at all. Just ate at a deficit.
    I exercise now, for 30min to an hour 6 days a week. Started doing that last June.
  • Grabbit5
    Grabbit5 Posts: 9
    Options
    whenever I hit each 5 lb mark, i bought myself a big bouquet of flowers. little treats along the way helped me stay on goal, instead of one big gift at the end.
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Looking good, keep up the good work!!!
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft. I had my third baby 4 months ago. I just got divorced and I've never been so determined to get back on track. I have before pics stashed somewhere on my computer. I'm a size 10 right now though. Can't wait to fit in a size 4 again. Maybe even a 2.
  • Grabbit5
    Grabbit5 Posts: 9
    Options

I did 3 weeks of NO grains, alcohol, or sweets. NONE. Then in week 4, I added one serving of whole grains daily. Other than that, I've basically made sure that everying is real - cannot stress that enough. If you are having chocolate, don't have processed milk chocolate - make sure it's at least 70% cocoa chocolate. If you're having yogurt, don't have zero calorie diet yogurt - make sure it's full-fat, real yogurt. The biggest piece of advice i've got, is eat REAL food - not chemical *kitten*-storm processed foods targeted and marketed towards us dieters. Best of luck to you!
  • ash012
    ash012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.... started at 252 and currently weight 136

Here is a before pic:
    happyfolks.jpg

and after pic (from last summer)
    232323232fp3__nu323__64_253_WSNRCG349637433_nu0mrj.jpg
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yay!! My short people! I am 5'2 started at 297 last year and am now 197 as soon as I figure out the picture posting thing ill share! My goal is 150 exactly nothing smaller weight wise for me.
  • sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5 foot tall, I have lost 44 pounds in 7 months. I have at least 20 to go but I might up that since I barely see a difference with as much as I've lost already. I started at 208 pounds and am down to 164.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Photos on my profile. I am 4'11. started at 162 now down to 121, looking to get to about 1105-110, but then again right now i care more about body fat then I do the scale.
  • CP_9712
    CP_9712 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I lose pretty slow. Its usually about 1 lb or half of one. But I do have some progress pics on my blog. Its awesome to see the difference even if I'm no where near where I want to be. My goal is pretty much to get back into the 'normal' weight range (so under 130). I'd really LOVE to get back into the 110's but idk if thats going to happen =/
    Anyways heres the link to my blog if you wanna see the progress:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CP_9712
  • CrystalRenee2013
    CrystalRenee2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 4'8 and I want to loose 56 lbs. as my first goal and at least 30 more as a second goal..By the end I would like to be at least 120... When I hit my first goal (only 26 lbs to go) I plan on getting a manicure as well as a pedicure as a reward for myself but once I hit my goal I plan on buying a new warbdrobe.
  • Millsiesgirl
    Options
    Hi everyone, i don't normally post on these things, but this one for short people tickled me pink! I am 5'1 and a half (156cm), my starting weight was 76.4kg (168) and I am now 72.5kg (159lbs). My goal is to be 62kgs (136lbs) and 5"10" (177cm)!!! Only one of these goals is going to happen...

I am a 50 year old Kiwi living in Australia, who hasn't used lbs and inches since about 1970, so forgive me if I slip into metric now and then!

I am very impressed with some of the before and afters...absolutely stunning photos and they are all a great incentive to me. I am not brave enough to post my before and afters, but maybe, fingers crossed once I lose a bit more, I will do it!!
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 35 inch waist to 27.5. Still working towards my goals. :) Haven't lost 50 lbs., but weight lost is hard regardless. Keep motivated!!
    t_zpsfc79227c.png
  • LovesDoctorWho
    Options
    Hello, I am 5'2 and I need to lose over 50lbs...Add me I will help support you and you help me :)
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm 5'0. My SW was 220. CW is 207. GW is 115. I try to reward myself as often as possible. Every 5 lbs I buy myself a new book for my e-book readers (my reading habit gets expensive).
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Considering your inspiration is Kim K, I can not befriend you. Sorry.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    5' here!
    Lost about 60lbs last year, started weight training this January.
    Started at 175, lowest was 106, now 114 & trying to get stronger & more toned.

Night before giving birth to my 2nd via c-section 211lbs. 1 month into changing my life forever, 168lbs.

image_zpsc7434d56.jpg

End of weight loss, 110lbs, size 0. Right hand side is 6 weeks into weight training at 116lbs, size 0/00. Weight training does some amazing things!

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Whoops! Afters are too big, here....

bf9dd753102d608516007718e2b49de5.jpg

97bd5a9c837950a6e321d49e8ee24dd6.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!