Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.... started at 252 and currently weight 136

Here is a before pic:
    happyfolks.jpg

and after pic (from last summer)
    232323232fp3__nu323__64_253_WSNRCG349637433_nu0mrj.jpg

You Rock! Thanks for Sharing

I am 5'2" and over half way to where I want to go.

For my 60 pound loss (An Elephant's Penis) Celebration I took family members to the Oregon Zoo which is world reknown for elephant breeding and has a new baby.

My next goal is 77 pounds (A Gold Brick) by the 4th of July

When I get to 100 (2 Month Old Horse) I plan on going horse back riding (Either on the beach or a poker trail ride)
  • tljennin1
    tljennin1 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 3/4 I started off at 205 in mid September after having my 3rd child and 2nd csection. I am now 146 lbs with 3 more to go to reach prepregnancy but I want to get back down to 125. It has taken me 6 months to get where I am now doing some type of workout 6 days a week and clean eating.

E4D65560-9AFA-4869-95BF-C3EBFAB24E5B-1023-000000FE7A4F1349_zps51fffbb0.jpg
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Always willing to put up my before/after pic. I'm 5'2" and started @ 153 at the end of May 2012. Hit goal of 125 ish Feb 2013. Took the slow loss route to focus on lean body mass maintain/gain and fat loss.

From left:
    Highest weight ~160 lbs size 12(tight) Summer 2010; 12/28/2012 ~128 lbs size 4
    0a7b17d8-2a97-48b9-9bf0-00fdc177374d_zps3aae8aad.jpg

9/6/12 ~143 lbs ; 12/22/12 ~129 lbs 24-25% BF; 2/18/13 ~126 lbs 20-22% BF
    9c89b879-264d-477e-a9af-487ef63e05fc_zps6b3de9aa.jpg

In January I switched to a more lifting focused workout plan and focused more on body composition than weight loss. I had a goal weight of 121, but I have thrown that out to focus on how I look versus a number on the scale. Currently doing Stronglifts 5x5 3 days a week and cardio/core/plyometrics/bodyweight exercises 3 other days per week.
  • jstout365
    Options
    97bd5a9c837950a6e321d49e8ee24dd6.jpg

Awesome work!!!!! You do a few squats don't you?!? And I agree, lifting does amazing things!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My first time posting hopefully I didn't jack this up...lol

Sometime in 2011
    MayVacation20111027_zpsc3ec49a4.jpg

Early December 2012

12-27-2012c025_zps7bbdb81d.jpg

Most recent x2 weeks ago
    image_zpsa4086e1a.jpg

Starting weight: 297
    Current: 197
    Goal (kind of): 150 (don't care much about this number. My focus is weights and building some more muscles)
    Height: 5'2
    Size: 10 or 12 pants and medium or large shirts! Most proud of this!
  • levelheadedgirl
    Options
    This post is totally inspiring! I'm 5'3 with 40 lbs to lose. I'm at about 13 lbs lost right now and seeing all these before/after pics just makes me want to work harder!
  • healthyplocc
    healthyplocc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Read about inspiration! Did all of you lose all this weight just with My Fitness Pal? Honestly? Pills, Weight Watchers? Exercise I can see. But really? You think I can do it too?
    Great Job all of you!!
  • freckletone
    Options
    Hey I'm 4'10

Ii don't have any before pictures on this comp

I really wish I itook a before pic but I didn't
    so i just have to rely on old photo's that were randomly took of me.. which wasn't many

at my most i was 154. I got down to 108, but i would normally stay around 112.
    108 is just for summer ;)

but i managed to get up to 120 last year and I need to lose it before it doubles :P
  • freckletone
    Options
    oh wait

here's a before trying to hide all the fat but you get the idea lol

4gqm3s.jpg

OH GAH! FORGET IT LOL just copy and paste the url ;)
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've lost 74 lbs since 2011.

Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs
    Current Weight: 146

I used to reward myself with food. Like pieces of a certain cake I loved or alcohol. As I've gotten further with my weight loss, my rewards turned into new sneakers, bluetooth headphones, clothes, etc. I don't really care about the food rewards anymore. Though, I will indulge slightly for special occasions like a friend's birthday party or a holiday.

When I reach my ideal muscle tone, I plan on getting a large tattoo on my left arm.

555358_10152595698795417_980336060_n.jpg

You are adorable!!! Way to go with all of your accomplishments!!
  • shortfritz
    shortfritz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. I''m 4 foot 11 and shrinking as I speak. When I started this, my weight was 185. I am at 178 now. With my being short, it is difficult to see the results. If that makes sense. I posted my picture of what my face looks like as most have. However, to nervous to show more than that at this point. Would love to get to know other short people who fight this problem of weight and height. I love being a motivator...aka...cheerleader:smile:
  • socomary
    socomary Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm 5'1", I started back in August 2012 at 137 pounds. My "far-off" goal was to reach 115 pounds. I did the weight loss in 5-pound increments. Every time I hit that 5-pound-loss goal, I adjusted my profile for the next 5 pounds. It made the process so much less daunting!

I don't have before/after pics, but from my last weigh-in, I've 3 pounds to go, I'm down 2 pants sizes and shirt sizes, maybe a bit more, but I don't wear my clothes especially snug.

And yes, I log in and record every day, although I think some personality types are more prone to logging everything everyday. This goal was very important to me, however, which I think helped.

Good luck!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you are having chocolate, don't have processed milk chocolate - make sure it's at least 70% cocoa chocolate. If you're having yogurt, don't have zero calorie diet yogurt - make sure it's full-fat, real yogurt. The biggest piece of advice i've got, is eat REAL food - not chemical *kitten*-storm processed foods targeted and marketed towards us dieters. Best of luck to you!

You do not have to be militant about your food choices, you just have to make sure they fit into your caloric goals (and your "macros", if you keep track) Many people end up giving up because it is just so hard to do everything perfectly, but perfection isn't necessary... other than keep your food log perfectly most of the time. That one you do have to be militant about.

while I agree that food is better for us if it is less processed, for someone just starting to change their eating habits, it can be very overwhelming to think not only do they have to cut their calories, but they also have to cut out or replace all processed food. I agree do NOT buy into crap like Lean Cuisine or other high sodium, low nutrient prepared diet foods, but you don't need to convert to 100% awesome-for-you foods to lose weight either.
    Yes some fat-free yogurt (and other fat-free items) is higher in sugar, but look at labels and make decisions based on your needs. Personally, i eat low-fat and fat free yogurt, and it's been just fine. skim milk too. but cheese? oh I go full fat on that... just bc low-fat cheese is gross and waxy lol.
    Sure, they say dark chocolate is better for you... but if you prefer milk chocolate over dark, and it fits into your calories for the day, have it.

eta: down 94 pounds since last summer, so, i'm pretty confident that what I am doing can work.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've lost 74 lbs since 2011.

Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs
    Current Weight: 146

I used to reward myself with food. Like pieces of a certain cake I loved or alcohol. As I've gotten further with my weight loss, my rewards turned into new sneakers, bluetooth headphones, clothes, etc. I don't really care about the food rewards anymore. Though, I will indulge slightly for special occasions like a friend's birthday party or a holiday.

You look amazing!
    When I reach my ideal muscle tone, I plan on getting a large tattoo on my left arm.

555358_10152595698795417_980336060_n.jpg
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    If you are having chocolate, don't have processed milk chocolate - make sure it's at least 70% cocoa chocolate. If you're having yogurt, don't have zero calorie diet yogurt - make sure it's full-fat, real yogurt. The biggest piece of advice i've got, is eat REAL food - not chemical *kitten*-storm processed foods targeted and marketed towards us dieters. Best of luck to you!

You do not have to be militant about your food choices, you just have to make sure they fit into your caloric goals (and your "macros", if you keep track) Many people end up giving up because it is just so hard to do everything perfectly, but perfection isn't necessary... other than keep your food log perfectly most of the time. That one you do have to be militant about.

while I agree that food is better for us if it is less processed, for someone just starting to change their eating habits, it can be very overwhelming to think not only do they have to cut their calories, but they also have to cut out or replace all processed food. I agree do NOT buy into crap like Lean Cuisine or other high sodium, low nutrient prepared diet foods, but you don't need to convert to 100% awesome-for-you foods to lose weight either.
    Yes some fat-free yogurt (and other fat-free items) is higher in sugar, but look at labels and make decisions based on your needs. Personally, i eat low-fat and fat free yogurt, and it's been just fine. skim milk too. but cheese? oh I go full fat on that... just bc low-fat cheese is gross and waxy lol.
    Sure, they say dark chocolate is better for you... but if you prefer milk chocolate over dark, and it fits into your calories for the day, have it.

eta: down 94 pounds since last summer, so, i'm pretty confident that what I am doing can work.

Absolutely agree!
  • jstout365
    Options
    Wow! Read about inspiration! Did all of you lose all this weight just with My Fitness Pal? Honestly? Pills, Weight Watchers? Exercise I can see. But really? You think I can do it too?
    Great Job all of you!!

I lost my weight by starting to work out first, then adding watching what I ate, and being patient and determined. I changed how I approached it to make it about becoming fit, strong and healthy rather than just about losing weight. I started MFP in November and have found it to be a great tool that helped me get to my end results. Honestly, it came down to hard work and watching my calories.

I think anyone can do it. You just have to want to do it, not give up doing it, be patient and not push for fast results. Educate yourself on nutrition, exercise, and weight loss theories and principles. Knowledge is power.
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'1 1/2, looking to get to about 130lbs, right now Im at 153lbs, don't know how to upload pics, but will figure it out. Have fun!
  • Mscastillo85
    Mscastillo85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5'0 short here :laugh: I have two little ones. My daughter's 8 year old friend is my height!!! ..:::AWKWARD:::.. If I gain any weight it is VERY noticable being that there isn't much room for me to put it. At my heaviest I was 145 lbs. and I now I'm 12lbs. I never reached 145lbs when I was pregnant with either of my kids and thats because my son (the youngest) was 9lbs!! I was tiny and the doctor said to be careful because it would catch up to me...yrs later...mannn was she right. :ohwell:
  • socomary
    socomary Posts: 52
    Options

Yup, yup! Agree totally! I didn't change what I was eating, I just eat less of it. When I started MFP, what I found was this: for some crazy reason, I was trying to eat as much as my husband eats. I still eat what he eats, just less!
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and i want to lose 50 lbs total. I want to know if anyone would like to share their before and after pictures. Also if anyone rewarded yourself after a certain amount of lbs lost, what did you reward yourself with??

k1dj80.jpg

I'm 5'3.
    This pic is from my starting weight at 189.5 to about 166 (last week).

I'm losing another 25 pounds or so, and this pic is my halfway mark. After I'm done, I will have lost 50 pounds total.

ETA: I don't reward myself with anything, because I don't want to buy any new clothes YET. When I reach my goal weight, I plan on spending 10 dollars per pound I've lost and buy myself a brand new wardrobe. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!