Ramen Noodle recipes?

Options

Replies

• ton40orbust
    ton40orbust Posts: 155
    Options
    throw out the seasoning packet. boil the noodles with uncut grape tomatoes and black pepper. drain the noodles and toss with your favorite vinaigrette (vidallia onion or basalmic is my fav) top with crumbled feta cheese

edit: forgot to include what to do with seasoning packet.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    There's this book that a friend gave me for my birthday one year, knowing about my noodle obsession. Its called Ramen to the Rescue. You should pick it up! Has over 100 different ways to use packaged ramen noodles!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, peas, shredded carrots, hot sauce....... the sky is the limit. my boyfried boils it and while its boiling he just drops an egg in it and starts to stirring. apparently he says its good......

I do this! It's SOOOO good!!!
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Why is this the worst advice ever? I mean, I'm sure they meant "eat it in moderation". Not, "go to your local grocer and clear the shelf off in a sweeping arm motion into your cart and eat all 137 packages of Ramen once you get home."
    [/quote]

LOL I used to do that quite a bit in college...LOL...I didn't eat them all in one sitting but I became pretty close with Ramen......
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)

Maybe she wasn't talking about the noodles that come in a bag. If she was, I'll give you another little bit of history behind them that you may not know. They're delicious. If you can't handle 400 calories of delicious noodles once in awhile, it's not the ramen's fault.
    Wow are there some snotty people on this thread or what?!!! I'll give you a bit of advice: I choose to "handle" what I want, & that includes NOT spending 400 calories & a BAZILLION sodium grams on yes the PACKAGED kind!!! WOOT WOOT for good old fashion whole fresh food :-))
    I think you were greeted with snotty responses because yours came off that way a bit. Just read what you type, is all. /I/ understand that you're saying there are better options, but I /also/ understand that sometimes you just need to have something you like. It's about balance. So calm down-- no one's trying to attack you. :)
  • hollygoddess
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)

Maybe she wasn't talking about the noodles that come in a bag. If she was, I'll give you another little bit of history behind them that you may not know. They're delicious. If you can't handle 400 calories of delicious noodles once in awhile, it's not the ramen's fault.
    Wow are there some snotty people on this thread or what?!!! I'll give you a bit of advice: I choose to "handle" what I want, & that includes NOT spending 400 calories & a BAZILLION sodium grams on yes the PACKAGED kind!!! WOOT WOOT for good old fashion whole fresh food :-))
    I think you were greeted with snotty responses because yours came off that way a bit. Just read what you type, is all. /I/ understand that you're saying there are better options, but I /also/ understand that sometimes you just need to have something you like. It's about balance. So calm down-- no one's trying to attack you. :)
    Dear Samifer,
    HOLY NOODLES LOL! I think you've mis-posted, please see randomtai on page 1....and SneakyWaff1es on page 2. I fail to see how posting some info WITH A SMILE is considered rude (but...I am 47, seasoned & calm for sure.... & you are twentysomthn', so MILES of years between us) however, this is the land of free speech for all. FYI: I have to read what I type, don't you??? A big thank you to all of the MFP members messaging me, your POSITIVE support is priceless!!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.recipe.com/broccoli-noodle-stir-fry/

This was a favorite growing up :)
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    no really bad for ya I had some last night it made me gain weight that is why I don't eat it anymore I was just craving it, tons of sodium use wheat noodles its suppose to be better for ya
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i always cook mine with an egg and add in bok choy or spinach and then drain the soup - but now i got some more recipes to try!! :love:
  • hollygoddess
    Options
    no really bad for ya I had some last night it made me gain weight that is why I don't eat it anymore I was just craving it, tons of sodium use wheat noodles its suppose to be better for ya
    Brilliant!!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I used to have them lots of nights when i was in college. I'd cook them with the seasoning, then drain after cooking. It was always too salty for me. Sounds like there's a lot of good suggestions here. Sorry, I don't really have any new recipes to add.

I did find noodles, I think China Bowl is the brand. They're just like the curly Ramen noodles, and cook in 3 minutes, but they're not fried. Look in the chinese section of the grocery store. Just a suggestion if you like those noodles and aren't using the seasoning.
  • CaptDeeHowdy
    Options
    i usually cook the ramen in the microwave and cook some frozen veggies up:3 i like to use the stir fry mixes theyre awesome. while the veggies are cooking i use a bit of the flavor packet (always oriental) and then mix it up with the ramen after its cooked. i'm a vegetarian so no meat in my stir fry!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*eyeroll* Always one in every thread.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Kimchi, mushrooms, can of spicy tuna and poach an egg in it at the end!!!

You can add a bit of the spice packet but the kimchi and spicy tuna will flavor the broth :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGrdj_4i0xepMScQnNktnDCxgsWq6yFPuq0ZWi5s8c4zRU7NvH

p.s. best ramen to use for this is Shin Ramyun from the international foods aisle
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

If you posted a title that said "Favorite Potato Recipes!?" and someone said "Don't use potatoes, use [insert vegetable here] because its better for you" don't you think it comes off as just a tad snooty? Smiley face or not :)

Either way if someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they HATE you and think you are wrong. I'm pretty sure everyone knows ramen is unhealthy. A craving is a craving.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

Huh?
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I usually do beef ramen with sirachi sauce and I've tried the egg before in the chicken ramen with steamed veggies and wontons! It's to die for :)
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you're just seriously craving ramen, do it, once in a while is okay! I add things like spring onions, bok choy, spinach, mushroom and even some sliced lean meat or seafood. If you just feel like something like it, and not the actual thing, I prefer to make my own broth and use something a little better in the noodle department; rice vermicelli, fresh egg noodle, whatever you prefer. A little stock, some chilli (powder, sauce, whatever you have on hand) maybe a dash of soy works well enough for the soup.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Oh man ramen noodles are my DOWNFALL. I was eating these ALOT here before I decided to lose weight again., I boil mine, drain the noodles, then fry them in the pan a little then add sausage (like smoked sausage) cheese, hotsauce, ranch, and crush up potato chips on them. HAHA sounds gross, but this is what they make in jail (I used to be a CO in a state prison and learned this there) They are called Breaks. They sure are good. You can use tuna, pickles, whatever you got. SOSO bad for you, but if I ever reach my goal weight Ill be eating one.
  • penguinattackstudios
    penguinattackstudios Posts: 79 Member
    Options

holy smokes! I do now too lol. My hubby has hypertension (so we avoid ramen like the plague) but once in a blue moon I'll eat some. I think I may be making my own from scratch from now on lol.