Goal weight for 5'10 female?

Options

Replies

• raisingemilyjune
    Options
    My goal weight is 180, i'm 6'0" so a couple inches taller but yeah.
  • 1Hunie
    1Hunie Posts: 176
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 184.
    I'd like to get down to 175 but the more weight i lose, the more curves I lose and I love my curves :-(
    My butt is almost in competition with SpongeBob and that's not what i had in mind. Any suggestions on how to keep these curves but lose these pounds? I'm all hips and thighs around these parts, no stomach.... *sigh*
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. Current weight is 177. When I first started, my goal was between 150-160. Then I started to lose and tone, and saw how my body was adjusting, and I upped it to 165. Right now the scale is stuck at 177 (for 2 months now) and I think I'll stop at 170 (if I make it that far) I've been lifting heavy, and I like my muscle definition thus far. I don't really want to lose it to get "thin" As it is, people tell me all the time, how thin I look now, and while it's great to hear, not really my goal.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 185, because I maintained it for years and felt good at it. If I can get there, it'd be awesome, and then I'll see about 174, because that puts in the "normal" BMI category.

I am VERY wide hipped AND carry most of my weight in my hips/legs -- so much so that I've never lost my collarbones and at 175 my chest was bony and I looked gaunt above the waist.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 130 @ 5'10" (what my weight was until 2008). My frame is quite slight, and due to arthritis in my knees, I feel best when my weight is at the very bottom of the healthy weight range.
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 11 and a large frame

I am currently 179 lbs - I was 210 lbs :happy:

and I am aiming for 154 lbs
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10.5 and I feel my best between 165-175. I think I look to skinny any lower, I like my curves!
  • blueopaque
    blueopaque Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 150. But will adjust accordingly once I get there.
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a smidgeon over 5'10. My goal is about 140, though I'm mainly looking to get below 20% body fat, so my goal weight is just 20% body fat + my current amount of muscles.

My wrist and elbow measurements says my frame is small, and I'm quite flat chested, so I think I'd have to be slimmer than most to look good!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, I just lose 10lbs at a time and adjust my goal as I go. :D

CW 154
    GW 140
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 140-145 lbs. That's what I weighed when I got married, and that was the best I have ever felt about myself.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9' and a smidge. My goal weight is a moving target. Initially it was just to get into a healthy BMI. I've lost 45 pounds, and am 4 pounds away from a healthy BMI. I do know, I am moving toward more emphasis on fitness, while still continuing to lose weight.

In the end, goal will be determined by my face. At 54, a little fat can fill out the wrinkles.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5'10" here and goal is 140-145. Haven't been there in years. I imagine it will feel fantastic! It is slow going getting there though...lol. I'm 165 now.
  • lakerschick275
    lakerschick275 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 130 pounds, I would like to tone up!
  • 6sowers
    6sowers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 and my goal weight is 165.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 145 because I still have a tummy around 165.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'9, SW 184, original goal weight 165, doctor says given my frame try 155-160. We'll see how it goes. The last time I was below 150 I was hyperthyroid and although everyone told me I looked fabulous, I felt like hell, so I'm not eager to try and go that low again.

And totally agreed with eileen0515 on the face thing--I'll be 45 next month so I need a little fat on the face to help keep me looking younger.
  • lalionne
    lalionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a smidgeon over 5'10. My goal is about 140, though I'm mainly looking to get below 20% body fat, so my goal weight is just 20% body fat + my current amount of muscles.

My wrist and elbow measurements says my frame is small, and I'm quite flat chested, so I think I'd have to be slimmer than most to look good!

i'm the same way...but i set my goal at 135, although i will probably be a bit more when i have the muscle tone that i want...along with the lack of body fat. i just don't want to get TOO thin, or i won't have any boobs at all! haha.
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    im 5'11 large hips and thighs, my lowest was 175 and i still think i was a little big so maybe 160. I would like to get back to atleast 180 by my wedding.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10. Aiming to get back to around 130 or so, slightly above the 123-126 i was maintaining for a year until late last year. I have never been over 150 in my life, that is where I maxed out while sedentary and eating terribly. Could not even imagine being over 160, that would be overweight to me.