Please post your MOST IMPORTANT weight loss tip :)

Options

Replies

• stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Strength train! Lift heavy!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Prioritize sleep and planning.
    This would be mine. Sleep especially.
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    Don't fall into the trap of thinking that fad diets and junk science will save you from consuming more calories than you burn.
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself

About your goals, your feelings, your food, your reasons, your exercise, about everything
  • anna_05
    anna_05 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't diet. Instead make a lifestyle change - it will help you feel empowered and more determined to reach your goal!
  • Lynne4906
    Lynne4906 Posts: 15
    Options
    What does duct tape do???
  • Make sure that you work out frequently and regularly (i.e work out for at least 30 minutes everyday).
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    1. Eat less calories than you burn.
    2. There is a difference between fat loss and weight loss - do resistance training to protect your LBM.

With just these two pieces of advice, you'll get at least 80% of the benefit of everything said on this site. Everything else is diminishing returns, and pointless if you don't follow rules 1&2.
  • Amy11108
    Amy11108 Posts: 74
    Options
    Nothing is black & white. It's all about moderation, do not give up because you had a cupcake!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think there already is a thread like this, but, I 'd say : log your calories. That is just so eye opening. Lots of thing are just not worth the calories at all.

This! I was woefully unaware of how many calories I was consuming before I started on MFP. No wonder I wasn't losing when I tried before!

Don't give up. It's never too late to start getting yourself healthy. Make small changes and go from there as things start falling into place.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Log everything, every day.

If I'm not logging, I'm not losing.
  • jmtruji1Az
    jmtruji1Az Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Sadly but I would say that Discipline and Self-control have contributed to my 50 lbs weight loss.
    I agree with y'all that weighing your food keeps your food diary accurate. Exercise daily in aerobic zones.
    Read food labels for Carbs, Fats, Sugars, and Salts....
    Sleep - get at least 6 hours daily....
    Do not consume back all the calories that you lose exercising as it only leaves you neutral.
    I would even add to be realistic with your weight loss goal as the more you lose, the harder it is to lose the last 5-10 lbs.
    Good luck and wish you strenght & discipline.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    You don't need to deprive yourself of the things that you love.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Move your butt and move it often.
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Don't diet. Instead make a lifestyle change - it will help you feel empowered and more determined to reach your goal!
    YES!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Strength train! Lift heavy!
    This has saved me from a 2 month plateau- I upped my BodyPump to 3x a week instead of 2x and it makes all the difference!
  • amyleigh628
    Options
    For me, it's water, water, water!! 6+ cups a day that has made such a difference!
  • KFJOI4JWGOJM
    Options
    Buy and use a food scale with everything. Track and record everything you put into your mouth. If you can invest in a HRM to help better track you heart rate and how effective your workout is and calories burned. Be patient.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    If you fail, start again. Every day is a new day, fresh start. :)
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    drink water.. every day, no excuses.