Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I am way psyched-- I received this day in the mail the "Insanity" program, from a dear friend. I'm afraid it will quite literally knock me on my keester-- but, I think it's just the thing that will get this metabolism going again, as Lori's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long (:wink: ) post indicated is necessary. (Just kidding, Lor-- :smooched: )

Need to try to figure out how to squeeze it in with the 1/2 marathon training-- but, we'll figure it out.

Had an interesting experience at our local McDonald's this day. Dropped Faith and Rebekah off at the high school for play practice for summer musical this and that-- took Caleb and Josh for some fries. (yep-- you read it-- fries-- wanna make something of it?)

Saw a handsome, young homeless man sitting there down on his luck-- a man full of promise, but who has so lost his way-- so I bought him a drink and sat with him for an hour-- hugged him goodbye, told him I loved him--

Oh, didn't I mention-- it was my son, hanging out at Mickey D's to charge his phone. So very sad, my friends-- I asked him if his eyes were so red rimmed because he was tired or because of other influences-- he said both. Sighhhhh--

So I keep praying.

Heading to do who knows what-- pool? Oh, yeah, my new suit came in-- heading to try it on. (quivering with fear-- blast this stupid stomach-- )

Sarah and my husband are in Quincy, Illinois tonight at the Pepsi Little People's Golf Tournament. It was Sarah's first event ever played when she was 5, and she and hubs were invited back tonight to speak. She's out playing golf right now with some of the little kids-- precious.

Yes, babbling again-- wanna make something of that, too? Come on, I'll take you all--

Later, peeps--

Lori-- great stuff above-- really. Thanks.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Me again... no rambling... just the cool part......

I have a book that stores all my old school stuff and report cards. The last weight I entered was in 10th grade, I was 16.
    148.jpg

How flipping cool is that?

The absolute coolest-- way. to. go.
  • Marla64
    Options
    suit update--

Meh. :indifferent:

Tummy-- blech.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Sorry the suit wasn't what you were hoping for, personally, I am tankini all the way, the top hangs down over the floof as you like to call it, it hides it unlike a one piece. I'm telling you... Lands End even sells long torso if you want it extra long... check out the overstocks. I have a free shipping code if ya want it. All those bathing suit pics I posted, didn't pay over $10 for any of the pieces... just saying.

Tamara- proud you didn't go back to the gym and I hear you loud and clear on skin. I don't have tons of skin, but I have skin. I was at bootcamp on Saturday, doing the downward dog thingy at the end and my legs, which I had finally started to come to terms with, above my knees were all wrinkled and skin was hanging and sagging forward and I couldn't help but notice, cause I had nothing else to look at! I came hubs and told him I saw the most terrifying thing ever!

Anyway, I used to say I wanted a tummy tuck... then I googled it and looked at before and after pics. No thanks. I'll keep that extra skin. So I googled thigh lift. Holy jeepers, scars from the inside of your knee the entire way up to your crotch and quite frankly.... I didn't think most of the after pictures looked all that great.... still not the image I want my thighs to look like! The after still had all the cellulite, stretch marks, etc, just a little of the flabby stuff gone from the inner thigh. I'll keep my 8 grand along with my saggy funky legs.

I also googled breast lift, cause I'm still on the fence about that one but once again, not sure. I saw some incredibly saggy, wrinkled women who had it done, the sag under their arms was still there, all the skin was still hanging on their bat wings, although, their boobs were perky. Somehow it didn't work together though.

Anyway, what I'm telling you....look at other normal naked women.... makes you feel better.... lol! That sounded bad, but you get the picture, right? Looking at plastic surgery before and after pictures gives you a whole new appreciation for yourself and you start to realize it's not that bad.

In my mind I think plastic surgery will suddenly turn me into super model Barbie look alike. :noway: Ummm, yeah, it doens't work that way. Even most of the after pictures weren't 'all that'.

Reality bites, but reality is, I'll never be 20 again, get over it, move on, wear clothes.
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay-- long and short of what I just read-- Lori looks at pictures of naked ladies. :huh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Seriously-- this time last year the suit wouldn't have been a problem-- I looked good in my suit last year.

The 4.5 extra pounds I'm carrying (I hovered at 167-170-- I'm now 171-174) is all in the fat cells around my tummy and inner thighs-- heck, even my arms and back are floofy. So freaking annoying.

But, we'll see-- Insanity, here I come-- (uh-- the exercise program, not the mental condition-- I'm already there)
  • 72lori
    Options
    I know people who advance to Insanity after P90X. It is supposed to be intense. One of the young fit 20 year olds at my gym told me she thought she was going to die when she tried it. Good luck girl! :bigsmile:
  • 72lori
    Options
    okay-- long and short of what I just read-- Lori looks at pictures of naked ladies. :huh:

Well, taken out of context it sounds bad! LOL Just don't go looking at any old naked lady picture, like the ones in popular magazines, that will be depressing!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I know people who advance to Insanity after P90X. It is supposed to be intense. One of the young fit 20 year olds at my gym told me she thought she was going to die when she tried it. Good luck girl! :bigsmile:

Oh boy-- well, you can stop scaring me any minute now-- :grumble:

:wink:

If you don't hear from me again tonight, you'll know it killed me.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: made it through another Monday........the hiking boots are starting to feel ok....so hot to be wearing them.......but it is winter south of the equator.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well, I survived the Insanity Fit Test-- wow. Intense stuff. Not as scary as I thought-- but, I know once I get to the "real" workouts, the terror begins.

I did well enough in the fit test-- which pleased me. I'm not in bad shape for an old broad. But, there are definite areas of weakness that this will identify-- could really use some guidance as to when and how often do you all think I should squeeze this in, while still trying to train for the 1/2. Any halfers out there-- please enlighten.

Got to the jumps today and totally panicked-- don't know why I just hate jumping-- well, I do, but it's to embarrassing to tell-- especially in front of our newbie-- (I'll whisper the key word ladies-- *kegels*) But, even beyond that, jumping just is not my thing.

However, it shall very soon be my thing, and to my benefit, I hope--

That's what this team does, right? We push beyond our comfort zones-- yikes. This will be interesting.

All in all, I did well enough-- I'm pleased for tonight.

Heading out to walk the doggie with my kids-- beautiful night-- later.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Marla You go girl I wanna do insanity

Lori- great article..

Jason- Welcome aboard

Tanya great job on the working out changing up..

I am off to bed, my stomach is killing me...

we totally sucked in our baseball game..2 more games and the end of the season..I will never be so happy to see this season end..and I love seeing my baby boy play baseball.. It was so hot outsde my makeup melted into my eyes!!

Goodnight!!!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Marla You go girl I wanna do insanity

Lori- great article..

Jason- Welcome aboard

Tanya great job on the working out changing up..

I am off to bed, my stomach is killing me...

we totally sucked in our baseball game..2 more games and the end of the season..I will never be so happy to see this season end..and I love seeing my baby boy play baseball.. It was so hot outsde my makeup melted into my eyes!!

Goodnight!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    So I changed my picture tonight in honor of the cute little plea and giggle I had to give the nice police officer this evening, who pulled me over for talking on my cell phone, and then changing lanes without signaling. ( I didn't know I'd done that-- I was too busy talking)

Pleaded with him, with a cute little smile, "Please be nice to me. I have nine kids and absolutely no money to pay a ticket."

He asked me if I knew how much a Bluetooth cost? "No, sir." He said, "It costs a heck of a lot less than a ticket for talking on the cell phone while driving. But, I'll just give you the lecture tonight, and not the ticket."

47b20s0.gif

Pity the day when my cute little giggle isn't quite so cute-- it's gotten me out of more traffic tickets than I can count.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Bobbi-- I'm sorry about your back, my friend-- but don't sweat the running. You can get cardio lots of other places, and set other goals. Hang in there, my dear Buckeye!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys were chatty today. sorry to miss you all day!

Lori- Thanks for the info. We all need to hear it over again. Problem is when I try and "trick" my metabolism...it backfires!

Welcome Jason- Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully helping your journey.

Just came back from the movies. Toy Story 3! I must say it was quite good. i would highly recommend it for our generation! You don't need to bring a kid to go to it...although i did bring my youngest! Bring a tissue though...the toys really get to you.

Good night all!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Marla- didn't try to scare you with the Insanity, do what you can women! For the record, I only had two kids and I don't do jumping all that well either. Certain things are easier than others in the jump category. Jumping jacks... if I got to piddle at all.... forget it... if my bladder is totally emtpy... I'm good. Sooooo flipping sad! Guess it goes with the sagging skin. :ohwell:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Bobbi-- I'm sorry about your back, my friend-- but don't sweat the running. You can get cardio lots of other places, and set other goals. Hang in there, my dear Buckeye!

Hanging in Marla...Hanging in.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Well from the sounds of it, you all had a long day like me.
    After I finished work my wife and I took the dogs for a nice walk before it started raining. Then did a bunch of running around buying some stuff for the baby before it comes and returning a heart rate monitor that didn't do what I wanted it too.
    Finished up with a bout of wii fit cardio boxing and started up on the 200 sit up challenge I saw posted elsewhere. Inital test managed to do 61 situps before the ole' stomach couldn't do not more. So will take a couple of days off then it says to start on week 3 - column 3. eep :indifferent:
    Oh the high point the new HRM I got is working out fantastic. Purchased an adidas micoach. Loving it. Today on my work out burnt 533 calories.

Few goals I came up with that are:
    -Slow down and eliminate sweets. (I have a major sweet tooth and can't resist wine gums and there is ton in my office so far i've gone a week. Will take it a day at a time. Every day gets easier)
    -Continue to make healty meal choices and have small snacks between meals while staying under my 1700 calories.
    -Lose 2 lbs a week (weigh in with my family every tuesday)

Well thats it for now. Have a great night
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    lurking...you all are a breath of fresh air!! you're AWESOME in all senses of the word!

lori--i've had my boobs reduced (when i was 18) and that was soooo worth it. but i wouldn't do anything else--if i didn't HAVE to. but i know many irl ppl with tummy tucks and boob lifts and face lifts....
    it's just such a personal decision.

and marla and lori---when the money fairy or insurance fairy and calm kids fairy comes to visit--you can get the other problem fixed too. i had a bladder, uterus, rectum lift/reposition/sling (i call it the marionette procedure) and it has fixed it all. i also had serious nanny support to have a full recovery--b/c if you lift too soon etc, ie don't follow dr's orders, then you've wasted your time and $. i am so very grateful to good drs (and paid deductibles).

other than that--hangin in there. lots of changes in the last few months--mostly good. count my blessings often.
    and lori's post at the start of the thread got me goal setting too. thanks!

oh, and marla--ask beans or jessmomof3 abt insanity and running. jess is a runner so she may have good advice. and rock on!

that is all....:flowerforyou: