Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well from the sounds of it, you all had a long day like me.
    After I finished work my wife and I took the dogs for a nice walk before it started raining. Then did a bunch of running around buying some stuff for the baby before it comes and returning a heart rate monitor that didn't do what I wanted it too.
    Finished up with a bout of wii fit cardio boxing and started up on the 200 sit up challenge I saw posted elsewhere. Inital test managed to do 61 situps before the ole' stomach couldn't do not more. So will take a couple of days off then it says to start on week 3 - column 3. eep :indifferent:
    Oh the high point the new HRM I got is working out fantastic. Purchased an adidas micoach. Loving it. Today on my work out burnt 533 calories.

Few goals I came up with that are:
    -Slow down and eliminate sweets. (I have a major sweet tooth and can't resist wine gums and there is ton in my office so far i've gone a week. Will take it a day at a time. Every day gets easier)
    -Continue to make healty meal choices and have small snacks between meals while staying under my 1700 calories.
    -Lose 2 lbs a week (weigh in with my family every tuesday)

Well thats it for now. Have a great night

Wine gums? :huh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey Stacey-- come over to the dark side! We don't bite! (much)

Good to see you-- I'll look Jess up, thanks for the advice.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, my friends..

Having a much better day today..I am off from work today.. I am gonna clean the house and do business paperwork and my abs class and spin class!!

Just ate my french toast, gonna eat something different tomorrow morning, I am getting bored with the french toast, although its good, I am think mini wheats or something like that!!

Well gotta get dressed and hit the gym!! Have a great day everyone, dont forget your last minute work outs!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Wow there were some posts last night :smile:

Lori - I don't even want to think about the pictures that you were looking at, you are way braver than me :laugh: . Do you know if your swim suit's are available in the UK?

Marla - well done on the giggle and the new work out

Donna - do you think a 2 year old would sit through the film? Would like to take the boys but not sure if the little ones would sit through it

vb4evr - I love wine gums. I am fairly lucky that I work from home, so if I don't buy the sweets then I won't eat them :laugh: . Good luck with the coming baby, I have 4 boys (no where near as many as Marla)

Bobbi - glad the boots are working out, and don't stress about the running

Tamara - enjoy your classes today

To everyone else, happy tuesday. Feeling a little out of today, but this is usual for the first few days after hubby goes away. I will not let this effect my eating or exercise. I have planned to go out tonight with a friend, while Tom is at sea cadets, and we are going to a 'bar' and I will have lime and sodas while we put the world to rights :laugh: .
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: morning everyone. going to be hot and muggy here so I will make the most of this cool part of the day. Tamara you are wonderful with your routines....Miniwheats are good too:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: morning everyone. going to be hot and muggy here so I will make the most of this cool part of the day. Tamara you are wonderful with your routines....Miniwheats are good too:heart:

HEY!! Sorry I missed out on the good news about your biopsy! I am so very very thankful for your health. I hope the mental strain was not TOO bad (yeah right :tongue: ) while you waited for the results.

:love: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok looky my ticky!

Marla I know how you feel with Sponge Marla..........I guess I was bloated up with all the saline. They must have hung 6 bags of the stuff...........and gave me a full bag (bollus?? I think it is called) right before the sx.

"Ok Jeannie, lay flat and we are going to fill you up with a liter of fluid............oh and THEN bring you into surgery AND then you cannot move for 12 hours.........fun times for pee pee ville ! :laugh:

Lori-your words about not worrying really helped me. I could feel the sisterly elbow in my ribs from you :wink:

Lori preggy belly.............looking good my dear :love:

Andrew..........keep on trucking..............your doing great and I saw the video.......you have NOT gained weight you look hot!:bigsmile:

And on that note..............Beth-you are simply glowing...........I am so proud of you for keeping the healthy lifestyle thru your pregnancy. You will se how much better it is this time around when you come home.......completely different experience for me with the boys vs my last baby girl when I gained 18 pounds and was active

more in a moment........gotta help DS for a job interview..........PRAYERS that he is hired!!!!1:drinker:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    After I finished work my wife and I took the dogs for a nice walk before it started raining. Then did a bunch of running around buying some stuff for the baby before it comes and returning a heart rate monitor that didn't do what I wanted it too.
    Finished up with a bout of wii fit cardio boxing and started up on the 200 sit up challenge I saw posted elsewhere. Inital test managed to do 61 situps before the ole' stomach couldn't do not more. So will take a couple of days off then it says to start on week 3 - column 3. eep :indifferent:
    Oh the high point the new HRM I got is working out fantastic. Purchased an adidas micoach. Loving it. Today on my work out burnt 533 calories.

-Slow down and eliminate sweets. (I have a major sweet tooth and can't resist wine gums and there is ton in my office so far i've gone a week. Will take it a day at a time. Every day gets easier)
    -Continue to make healty meal choices and have small snacks between meals while staying under my 1700 calories.

I was thinking the same thing... huh? It sounded like something Tanya would say (teasing ya girl) and we would have to ask what she's talkin' bout. Funny thing a few posts lower... Tanya posted she loves 'em. :tongue:

What ARE they?
  • 72lori
    Options
    Tanya- Lands End is www.landsend.com..... check it out. I can't imagine they don't ship internationally, but I really don't know!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing... huh? It sounded like something Tanya would say (teasing ya girl) and we would have to ask what she's talkin' bout. Funny thing a few posts lower... Tanya posted she loves 'em. :tongue:

What ARE they?

From Wikipedia - Wine gums (or winegums) are chewy, firm pastille type sweets similar to gumdrops, except they are not sugar-coated. They are manufactured from animal gelatin, mixed with sweeteners, flavourings and colourings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_gum
    I can't figure out how to put a picture in here!!

PS Lori - I found a UK site for Lands end - how forgiving are the suits? I am around a UK 12-14 (so US 8-10?)
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Start of a new day. So sore today, lol. Can't believe when I started my workout last night I thought I was giving myself an easier workout cause my knee was really sore and didn't want to aggravate it. Jokes on me I guess.

How are you all doing this morning? (Or afternoon, evening if you are elsewhere. :laugh: )
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yo, Jason-- you wanna talk sore? I'll talk sore. Holy crap-- muscles I didn't know I have hurt today-- feels wonderful!

Just lowered the boom again on my kids-- first official week of summer, and they think I'm gonna get done with my morning typing, come out, see them sitting in a filthy house playing games AND THEN I'm gonna take them to the pool?

Have these kids lost their minds? Do they NOT know me yet by now? Hell, they've only lived with me all their stinkin' little lives-- :noway:

Just laid it out in very plain English-- again-- any morning I walk out of my room after typing the morning away, and find them sitting in a messy room, playing games, in their pajamas, hair not done, dishes in the sink-- they're grounded for the day. They'll choose the type of summer they wish to have.

Holy Hannah-- 11 people live in this house. If even HALF of them did their chores without being screamed at, or threw in a load of laundry without being told, picked up the crap on the floor that they're stepping over, ran a load of dishes-- can you imagine how lovely the house would be? But, no. NONE of them do it.

So, the boom was lowered yet again-- we'll see-- happy summer, everybody-- :grumble:
  • vb4evr
    Options
    Yo, Jason-- you wanna talk sore? I'll talk sore. Holy crap-- muscles I didn't know I have hurt today-- feels wonderful!

I am sure you are, sounds like your workout was quite a bit more 'insane' then mine. Wish I could do something more, but will keep on doing what I can until I'm all duct taped up.

And on another note... you mock my wine gums?¿?¿ lol.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Mock your wine gums? I think we don't know what the heck they are! LOL But from Tanyas description, stay away from 'em, they sound like pure sugar.

Tanya- the US Lands End site has a size chart with measurements for hips, bust, waist- to tell you which size to order, I have found it to be extremely accurate. I've never had a size issue with them. However for us, we can take returns to a local department store (Sears) and not have to worry about shipping stuff back.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Friends!

Hiya Jason! Welcome aboard. You won't find a better group of people.

Have my b'fast, lunch and snacks logged for the day. Not sure about dinner right now yet.

Feeling a tad deflated this morning due to finances. It dawned on DH and I that come August we need to come up with an extra $540 of monthly income for property taxes and after school care fees. . . While driving on Father's Day we came by a nice, new house for sale. We grabbed an info sheet just for the heck of it. This house is being sold for over 2 1/2 times more than our house is assessed at, but the property taxes were nearly 1/3 of what ours will be next year. Of course it's a different county but still. It's depressing to think that we'll probably end up having to sell our house because we can't afford the taxes.....:brokenheart:
  • vb4evr
    Options
    Mock your wine gums? I think we don't know what the heck they are! LOL But from Tanyas description, stay away from 'em, they sound like pure sugar.

We always mock what we don't understand. =) And yes pure sugar which is why they are bad evil and vile, but oh so yummy.
    Happy Tuesday Friends!

Have my b'fast, lunch and snacks logged for the day. Not sure about dinner right now yet.

Feeling a tad deflated this morning due to finances. It dawned on DH and I that come August we need to come up with an extra $540 of monthly income for property taxes and after school care fees. . . While driving on Father's Day we came by a nice, new house for sale. We grabbed an info sheet just for the heck of it. This house is being sold for over 2 1/2 times more than our house is assessed at, but the property taxes were nearly 1/3 of what ours will be next year. Of course it's a different county but still. It's depressing to think that we'll probably end up having to sell our house because we can't afford the taxes.....brokenheart

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear about your taxes. Not sure if it is possible but I know where I'm at (Alberta, Canada) you can challenge the taxes by the assessment. (My step dad when he got his property taxes had his home privately assessed as they over valued it and had his taxes lowered) Or is it due to the county you are in?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, Lori, Lori from Pa is due in two weeks. We'll have lots of new Blackettes crawling around.

Yeah, don't forget me! And it's not 2 weeks, it's 12 days. Dave rolls his eyes at me when I say that. I snap at him, "You try being 8 1/2 months pregnant and see if two days makes a difference to you!"

Welcome newbie! :flowerforyou: I'm Lori. There are 2 of us so I am Lori-PA. I'm the pregnant one, not the one who likes to look at naked women. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Okay-- so I'm totally not getting how you quote multiple posts, Jason-- :noway: I'm so computer illiterate.

As for returns to Sears from Land's End? Bingo-- did it this morning. Sears had their bathing suit separates on sale for $18 each, so I got a suit for $36 today-- way cool.

Purple/black top with a black skirt-- top's a bit lower than I usually wear. My daughters are rather alarmed. It's obviously not scandalous, but they see more cleavage on good ol' Mom in this suit than they ever knew existed. I don't wear low tops, but a swimsuit? Eh-- I'm not sweating it. It's not shocking.

It accentuates the girls rather nicely, and is very flattering around the floofy back-- it looks nice. I'm satisfied.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Don't forget, Lori, Lori from Pa is due in two weeks. We'll have lots of new Blackettes crawling around.

Yeah, don't forget me! And it's not 2 weeks, it's 12 days. Dave rolls his eyes at me when I say that. I snap at him, "You try being 8 1/2 months pregnant and see if two days makes a difference to you!"

Welcome newbie! :flowerforyou: I'm Lori. There are 2 of us so I am Lori-PA. I'm the pregnant one, not the one who likes to look at naked women. :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options

We always mock what we don't understand. =) And yes pure sugar which is why they are bad evil and vile, but oh so yummy.
    Happy Tuesday Friends!

Feeling a tad deflated this morning due to finances. It dawned on DH and I that come August we need to come up with an extra $540 of monthly income for property taxes and after school care fees. . . While driving on Father's Day we came by a nice, new house for sale. We grabbed an info sheet just for the heck of it. This house is being sold for over 2 1/2 times more than our house is assessed at, but the property taxes were nearly 1/3 of what ours will be next year. Of course it's a different county but still. It's depressing to think that we'll probably end up having to sell our house because we can't afford the taxes.....brokenheart

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear about your taxes. Not sure if it is possible but I know where I'm at (Alberta, Canada) you can challenge the taxes by the assessment. (My step dad when he got his property taxes had his home privately assessed as they over valued it and had his taxes lowered) Or is it due to the county you are in?

Thanks Jason. Yes, we plan to challenge them, but our assessed value is pretty spot on. The county we live in is very rural and we are hugely less populated than the other county with the lesser taxes. We think this is a big reason for the difference between the two counties. Our rates are just so much higher than the other. It's sad because there are a lot of people in the same boat as us. Our town is losing so many families due to them moving to a cheaper area.

My boss is currently trying to get me a salary increase but there are no guarantees as to whether it'll get approved or what the increase would be. What doesn't kill us will only make us stronger...right?