1 onion, diced
    1 Tbsp. olive oil
    15 oz. can diced tomato
    small can of tomato paste
    15 oz. can kidney beans
    1 cup orange pepper, diced
    15 oz. can kernel corn
    garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, tobasco to taste

Put the olive oil, ground beef and onions in a pot and cook at med ium to high until beef is browned. Add remaining ingredients and mix, lower heat to simmer. You can eat it very soon, but the longer it simmers the better it will taste (reccomend about 2 hours).

A serving should be around 420 calories, 40g carbs, 15g fat, 28g protein, 9g fiber.

The best part about chili - you can mix and match all of this until you find the mix that both of you like. Hope this helps!

Do you think this would be good with ground turkey? I got carried away when it went on sale and our freezer has more turkey than we know what to do with?!
    I think it would be great. My Mom always used turkey over any meat, its so mild in flavor you can make it taste like pretty much whatever you want. When I make meatloaf I use a half pound of turkey and a half pound of hamburger, same deal when I'm making taco meat, half and half. My meat and potatoes man hasn't noticed. :-)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I've had some pretty good success with minestrone soup. The great thing about it is, you can pretty much just use whatever mix of beans, veggies, pasta, and optional meat and greens you have that day. There are so many variations. You're sure to find one that works for your familiy.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    www.paleomg.com
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Make a shepherds pie. You can hide all sorts of diced veggies in the meat layer.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/5348/lots-of-veg-shepherd-s-pie.aspx
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    bump :-)
  • Angie1366
    Options
    Makes me laugh - why should you change just for him? He should make an effort and eat good stuff and put up with it!

Bung it all in a slow cooker, Beef Carrots Turnip Onions green beans cauliflower tined tomatoes, a splash of water - Paprika and herbs.

SHUT UP Hubby and enjoy!
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are overrated, And what's wrong with potato's
  • maritimemom
    Options
    Bump!
  • 121John121
    121John121 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some yummy recipes xx
  • melbournemummy79
    Options
    My husband does not like vegetables. Ok, he likes broccoli-with tons of cheese, and cabbage-fried in bacon, and corn-you know how healthy THAT is! He keeps saying he will try to eat better but every time I make something healthy, he doesn't like it. I have recently lost some weight and he has been inspired (nagged) to do the same! Does anyone have recipes my meat and potato man will eat? Thanks for your help!

Sounds exactly like my partner.
    I basically am making all the same stuff and just omitting the evilness from my plate. Doesn't stop me salivating all over the place when I am dishing up though :/ I also make a big side salad and portion it out to 3/4s of my plate over a few days.
    Curries work in this house.. no coconut milk though, tomato based. Casseroles too. All pretty basic food really but that is what makes my man happy.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My man only eats tomatoes, potatoes, and sometimes green beans when it comes to veggies. That's about it. These suggestiong are awesome! Thanks everyone. These all sound delicious.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I make my vegetable-loathing SO broiled lean steak and mashed cauliflower with low-fat whipped butter. It's low fat, low carb, and tastes just like mashed potatoes!
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later, great topic!
  • spn89
    spn89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsRoundbottom
    Options
    Sweet Potato cut into wedges, sprinkled with olive oil, smoked paprika & chilli powder, bake for 30 mins.

My boyfriend loves these
  • djscanlan66
    djscanlan66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a great site. Thanks for posting this.