*** Supportive Friends -- Looking to Release 50+ Pounds ***

Options

Replies

• _tru_
    _tru_ Posts: 96
    Options
    @AMKLIP – Mais, non! I used to be a Leafs fan, but for my own personal safety I was converted to a Sens fan. Haha!

@xxjolandexx – How did you fair with your 3 course meal?

@uhohkerri – Hmmm... I know on local tv stations here they have morning workouts, yoga, and whatnot. Not sure if you have something similar. Perhaps you have a vcr/pvr to record so you can do them when you have a chance? As well, some mothers have suggested breaking up their workouts into 5-min increments throughout the day. Do a set of leg lifts when putting in a load of laundry, jogging while doing dishes, squatting down to pick up toys one toy at a time. Not sure if any of that helps? Glad to see yo may have found a workout buddy!

@cacklingcat – Sorry to hear things are so stressful. Try keeping healthy snacks with you for eating on the run. :)

@lombrica – Hope you feel better soon!!

I'm not as healed as I would like to be for tomorrow, but I'm going to at least attempt a walk. Fingers crossed!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options

Hi my name is Zena,

I am not new here I was one of the originals skinny chicks. I am having problems with exercise I dont have any motivation and not losing much weight. Can any one help me with this motivation thing, :yawn: I am having so much trouble getting off my butt. :blushing: I see myself doing all different exercises but I just sit there watching TV. What can I do? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Z

Zena!! How are you :D I've been really struggling with motivation as well. You know you can do this!! I know you can do this. Set a small goal. Perhaps by Sunday night you will have exercised twice? You are here you are asking for help which means you want to do it. Maybe when the telly is on, on commercial/ad breaks you get up. Jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, squats, leg lifts, plank, running on the spot, lift soup cans or water bottles in bicep and tricep curls. I'm expect to see you back here and will be asking how things are going!! :flowerforyou:

Hi Stephanie,

Other than not getting off my butt. I'm doing great. Yes, I want to do it very bad I gained 3 lbs this week. I have to do something. My problem is my hips hurt after 15 to 20 min and I have to sit down. The other day I jogged 52 min and had to get off treadmill because I had to catch my breath. I know its not much but I did get up. I will do this again and try to do it longer.

z
  • Ziggie13
    Options
    Zena,
    You mostly have to find your motivation from within. Although, maybe you can start off doing something small like walking? Then keep building up, you will eventually get to the point where you will want to do it! Getting a workout buddy might help as well, someone who you can really count on.
    I hope you find something that works for you, good luck!

Brooke

Brook I know the motivation has to come within, but I just have to find it. I do have workout buddy (sister) We go to the Y every morning at 5am and workout for 45 min to an hour. She is the only one that get me out of bed knowing she will be there waiting for me to show up. But when I'm there I do what I can but not my all. I was sick today and trying to get back on track.

z
  • Ziggie13
    Options
    @Zena – Agreed. If you can find a workout Buddy, that would help greatly! Also, assuming you already haven't, why not write out some small weekly goals. Then, say, start every Monday and see if you can meet that goal by the following Sunday. Then each week build on that. For example, this week I want to do 10 lunges on 4 days. Then the following week you can increase this to 15 lunges on 4 days. Or similar. It doesn't need to be anything too hard... just something attainable that will get you up and moving. The motivation will come back! Hang in there!

[/quote]

@tru - Thanks for the advice I will try get a workout plan.

z
  • uhohkerri
    uhohkerri Posts: 43
    Options
    I woke up this morning and at this point I don't feel like doing anything. but I just figured I would check in.
  • xxjolandexx
    Options
    Could not sleep a wink last night with this bloody eye infection. Still I made it to work and so far so good I've stuck to my food diary. Doesn't help when people are constantly talking about KFC and Mcdonalds though Grrrrrrrr!
  • xxjolandexx
    Options
    @AMKLIP – Mais, non! I used to be a Leafs fan, but for my own personal safety I was converted to a Sens fan. Haha!

@xxjolandexx – How did you fair with your 3 course meal?

@uhohkerri – Hmmm... I know on local tv stations here they have morning workouts, yoga, and whatnot. Not sure if you have something similar. Perhaps you have a vcr/pvr to record so you can do them when you have a chance? As well, some mothers have suggested breaking up their workouts into 5-min increments throughout the day. Do a set of leg lifts when putting in a load of laundry, jogging while doing dishes, squatting down to pick up toys one toy at a time. Not sure if any of that helps? Glad to see yo may have found a workout buddy!

@cacklingcat – Sorry to hear things are so stressful. Try keeping healthy snacks with you for eating on the run. :)

@lombrica – Hope you feel better soon!!

I'm not as healed as I would like to be for tomorrow, but I'm going to at least attempt a walk. Fingers crossed!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

It was cancelled because of the snow yay!!! I stuck to my original diet plan :-D
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Wow! I go away for a week and come back to find lots of new folk - welcome all :happy:

@Penny, I had a long distance relationship, though in my case the distance was 6000 miles and the only method of communication was snail mail which took up to a week. However, we've now been married for over 30 years so it worked.

@jolande, I was keen to find out how you got on with the three course meal, I have this problem a lot, and then you say it's cancelled :grumble: I have been known to use this strategy - I turn down the starter because I can't eat both starter and dessert and I'm keeping myself for dessert. Then I eat everything healthy in the main course and eat little of the rest, pushing the plate away and stating I must have eaten too much earlier in the day as I am full, then of course I can turn down dessert. It also helps if you've had an absolute minimum to eat during the day (even fasting, does no harm) so you can have a bit of a blow out without exceeding your allowance by a guilty amount.

Well off again the next two weeks but at least I'll be home for Easter. Talking of which I managed to squeeze a Hot Cross Bun with some butter into my allowance yesterday. It tasted great but it was a hit of 265 cals so I won't have too many of them! Everyone keep up the good work and I hope to be able to think I have walked into an LS Lowry painting when I return, you will all have lost so much!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Morning All,
    Kinda been MIA as I have been enjoying my last few days before returning to work. It sucks but it has to be done and its only for 2.5 days and then its the easter holidays. I am glad I am able to ease into it a bit. Was shocked to find this week that I had lost 1.6lbs after a week of no exercise and poor eating. I was a bit suspicious that I needed to be eating more calories and this was kind of the proof I needed, now I just need to improve the quality of those calories. 4 more lbs to my first reward ~(£20 to spend on iTunes to have some more workout music). I have been reading the thread but thanks to a pounding headache can't remember what it said really!

Penny: hope you are doing okay.

Ron: Good to see you back and well done on fitting in the hot cross bun. Treats every now and then help keep this sane....after all think people allow themselves treats too!

Jolande: hope the eye is getting better and grrrr to the people talking about fast food!
  • xxjolandexx
    Options
    @Ron. Sounds like a great idea fasting before a meal out. And ha! I'm so glad it was cancelled because of the snow, it meant I could stay home and focus on my food plan.

@Stephanie. My eye feels so much better!! And I know! It makes me so mad, mum strolled in with a diet pepsi for me from KFC, I was like why did you go there instead of the corner shop, she said she was hungry! It is her wedding taking place in *pril not mine lol! Still I'm trying my best to stay good!

P.S can I have a slice of toast with my slim a soup? Or is this an audacious suggestion? I know I shouldn't cut out carbs completely but everytime I think about what carbs to have I start having a battle with myself. In diets everyone goes on about how carbs are pure evil.....
  • midnightwillow
    Options
    _tru_ thats a great idea i lost 5 lbs and rewarded myself with a 100 % cotton frisbee i got it at earth art and its great. Now i can exercise any where with it cause it soft and won't break anything when i throw it at the husband. When i lose 10 lbs im going for workout cloths. I am also going to put 10 dollars out of every check away for a new tredmill mines old and not working properly everytime i use it. it freezes up for a couple seconds and i almost fall so into the garage it goes
  • uhohkerri
    Options
    I actually do a lot of my workouts from YouTube I just move some furniture around on those days and do it right here with my son running around my feet.

@Stephanie way to go on the weight lose maybe I need to increase mine a little more I try but I also have to worry about my fat intake so it is hard to do so on such a small budget fixing to get a blender when our taxes come back and do some low fat high calorie shakes any suggestions would be helpful

@ Ron love your personality you remind me of a friend I had in Oklahoma keep up the good work.

@jolande I can understand the excitement, I myself would have been a bit disappointed seeing that other ten church and apt I don't get out much , glad you were able to stick with your diet

And for my part great jog/walk yesterday going to get breakfast and wake my 12 yr. old up so she can watch my son and I can do it again today. if I don' get to it before church I can always do it after. I think after now that I look at it I can put him down for his nap and I can have her ride her bike beside me so she can help keep me going on the jogging parts. I will be doing the same path I did yesterday.
  • ron2e
    Options
    @uhohkerri - Strangely enough, I was in Oklahoma! No not the state, the musical, many years ago in an amateur production :laugh:

@jolande - I know that problem with carbs. When I did a food diary for the hypnotherapist before I started dieting, she took one look at it and exclaimed "You're a carb junkie! You eat more than your daily allowance in carbs, and rubbish ones at that.". She was right though so now I'm very careful, I have almost cut out bread entirely (white bread I used to eat) and don't miss it, and cut down on potatoes, rice, etc. But in reality, there is nothing wrong with having a slice of toast with your soup as long as it is within your daily allowances. I just think I'd rather have a whisky, or an egg, or sausage for breakfast, than a slice of toast . I cheated today and had one and a half hot cross buns for lunch :noway:

@Stephanie - Yes I agree, treats are good, and if you can fit them inside your allowance they don't make you feel quite so guilty. I even had a little chocolate tonight, about 60 calories worth.

Tonight I am luxuriating courtesy of Mr Hilton. I have a gold card so get room upgrades, free wifi, welcome pack with a towelling bath robe and flip flops in case I want to go to the Wellness Centre (not yet, the world is not ready to see my body uncovered in its present state) wine and water (very biblical) so what's not to like. At least I can now get the bathrobe to meet in the middle and cover the essentials, not always the case in the past! The least damaging thing on the room service menu seemed to be the Chicken supreme and so it turned out, pretty bland baked Chicken breast really despite the piri-piri spices, and it came with some grilled cherry tomatoes and flat mushroom, a pile of rocket, which I don't really like for some reason give me lettuce any day, and a huge plate of undercooked fries, I ate a couple of the smaller ones but they weren't very nice so my diet remained intact. The chicken was dry, but the mushroom and tomatoes were cooked to perfection. It was washed down with a small bottle of Australian Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon which was so-so.

I'm feeling good today as I tried on and packed some shirts I haven't worn for at least a year as the buttons were nearly popping off, but now they fit much better. I can see myself working backwards through my wardrobe. When I get to the flares and the hippy kaftans, I know it will be time to buy some new stuff :bigsmile:
  • snickerskittycat
    snickerskittycat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Nikki and I have 90-100 lbs to lose. I have been on and off trying to lose weight for 10 years. I have not succeeded losing over 30 lbs before. I have given up and regained. I am trying to refocus and make it more of a health stand. I have really gained through the front stomach (not in lbs, but weight shifting.) It disgusts me. I want to feel free and confident in myself and have more energy. I am 35. I need to change before disease finds me, which scares me. I have been an avid dt. dr. pepper drinker. I have drank more of it than I would like to admit and know that it causes me to crave what is not good for me. I want to get rid of what is not good for me and be healthy for my kids.
    What exercise programs are you on?
    What is your focus for motivation?
    I struggle to get the get up and go on. I sit at a desk for work, but will start walking on breaks now that the weather is nicer..

Nice to meet some new friends to help support my journey! How about healthy foods you like to cook?
  • uhohkerri
    Options
    Hi I am Nikki and I have 90-100 lbs to lose. I have been on and off trying to lose weight for 10 years. I have not succeeded losing over 30 lbs before. I have given up and regained. I am trying to refocus and make it more of a health stand. I have really gained through the front stomach (not in lbs, but weight shifting.) It disgusts me. I want to feel free and confident in myself and have more energy. I am 35. I need to change before disease finds me, which scares me. I have been an avid dt. dr. pepper drinker. I have drank more of it than I would like to admit and know that it causes me to crave what is not good for me. I want to get rid of what is not good for me and be healthy for my kids.
    I struggle to get the get up and go on. I sit at a desk for work, but will start walking on breaks now that the weather is nicer..

Nice to meet some new friends to help support my journey! How about healthy foods you like to cook?
    hello welcome to the group, i do some of everything in exercising Zumba, Tae Bo, Walking/jogging, and basic core strength training. my focus is on my FLD i have to lose wieght in order to get my liver back in shape so i can survive for my kids. healthy is hard in my house for one because of our budget for two i get very little support from my husband. feel free to stop by my profile and check it out if you want all my stuff is open and available to look at hope you come back.

@Ron lmao
  • Mzohh
    Mzohh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sharon and currently im trying to lose about 40lbs more. Ive already lost about 10lbs and was wanting to go down to 105lbs. My fiance thinks that might be too skinny for me but i'm only 5'1 and i know my bone structure is on the smaller side.
    Eversince I got serious again about losing weight and using MFP its been going great. I dont get cravings to eat all the bad food I used to eat. But would like to have people to motivate me and I'd do the same.
    I remember about 4 yrs ago I bought a dress knowingly it'd be too small for me to wear. But I had it in my mind I will someday lose enough weight to fit it. I still even have the tag on it!!
    Now im turning 25 this year and i think its time i should finally fit myself into the dress. Oh yeah I had a baby on 12/22/2010 and the excuse of " oh im fat cause i just had a baby" ran out.

=)
  • ron2e
    Options

Nikki, I had great problems with motivation for some time now and found myself in January this year carrying 150 lbs excess weight so decided to do something.First thought was a gastric band but during my research found a possible other way and I went to a hypnotherapist for treatment to combat my food addictions and poor self control and it worked really well, I can now reject the junk I ate for so many years without getting severe cravings, have as of now lost 23 lbs and am in a good place mentally to lose a whole lot more, I have managed to turn my lifestyle around and intend to make even more changes, particularly around my current lack of excercise, when I feel I can without dropping dead!!

I don't know if this approach would help you but might be worth considering if you are getting stuck.
  • ron2e
    Options
    Another little triumph this morning, my boss, who I report to but who I haven't seen physically since January, asked when I walked in if I'd lost weight!! Great boost for the ego and motivation. The first person who has noticed the weight loss other than family.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So....after a truly horrible weekend and morning, at about 11am he picked hemel...which means he's not moving away, which means i now have to start the process of moving in with him. eek...

Normal service will resume shortly...
  • ron2e
    Options
    So....after a truly horrible weekend and morning, at about 11am he picked hemel...which means he's not moving away, which means i now have to start the process of moving in with him. eek...

Normal service will resume shortly...

Don't do it unless you're sure! Or that's the advice I would have given my young self if only I could have done :wink:

Sounds like he's a lucky guy though.