What's your love story?

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met at work. He's an electrical engineer and I'm a techincal writer. We had to work on a machine manual together. It took him about 6 months to get his head out of his @$$ and decide he wanted to date me though! Later he said it was because he knew when he met me he was going to marry me and wasn't ready to give up his bachelorhood! LOL

We started dating March 24, 2000 (13 years yesterday!), he moved into my apartment at the end of August 2000, we got engaged December 24, 2000, and signed the closing papers on our house Dec. 29, 2000. Married Oct. 4, 2002.

Wow! How was he so sure that you would still want to date him after six months?? :tongue:

Great question! LOL I almost didn't!! But during those six months we would go to lunch together, the occasional dinner out as "friends", etc so we were keeping in contact outside of work....but he's also pretty arrogant that way, so he just "knew"! :laugh:

Oh brother (where's the eye rolling smiley- lol!)

Love your ticker picture!
    Go Pack Go!!:bigsmile:
  • herangel3
    herangel3 Posts: 32
    Options
    I dont have one... Mine is more of a Greek Tragedy!! LOL

There should be a post for tell us your Greek Tragedy....mine would have to be a blog! LOL
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    He's not my SO, as I just met him. But I find it interesting, because I am way overweight, and he is an advanced personal trainer with a ripped rock hard body.

I went to an event, and he was the first one I saw. My first thought was, "I am not leaving this earth without talking to him". You see, I enjoy flirting and do it well, so I never hesitate to speak to a hot man. So I thought about it my strategy and went for it. I ended up flirting a bit, and he responded. Throughout the afternoon there was a little bit of flirting back and forth. When I left I was disappointed that I didn't see him... til I went outside. I walked over to him and said, "Thank you for letting me look at you all afternoon... you made my eyes very happy." He said he felt the same way and gave me his card and asked me to call him. When I got in my car I saw that he was a trainer, and I was p*ssed because I thought he was thinking fat girl = $$$. So after I stewed for awhile, getting more and more mad, I texted him with, "So while I was shamelessly flirting with you, you were marketing yourself to me?" He said, "NOOO! Not at all! I'm really interested in you!"

So here we are a few weeks later... he is the most gorgeous, sexy, sweet, intelligent, funny man and I'm getting addicted to him! Neither of us are looking for anything serious, as I am likely moving out of state within the next year... but I plan to enjoy him for as long as I can :)

Fun! Good for you!!
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    I met myself when I was at my lowest. Now I am unstoppable.
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I recently got married as of June 2012. We had dated for two years and were engaged for 8 months. I would have never met my husband if it werent for our first job together! He went to college at a prestigous college in my city and is originally from a city 5 hours from here. I am local and only went to the local community college and we have different churches/friend community. My community college operates some horse stables in which at the time I was was employed with and caring for the horses (I am a huge animal lover). He got a job there as well and the rest is history! I love though that I get to brag that I trained him in how to shovel horse poop lol... which isnt very funny if your not an animal lover but we get a good laugh about how we met just because that was sure the last place I thought I would find my future husband!:flowerforyou:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I was struggling. Working at a Temp agency for $5 an hour. Teaching Tae Kwon Do at a local college and practicing massage out of a Chiropractic Office in the evenings. This gal was coming in for treatment of a back injury from a car accident. Brought her cute little girls with her and they would wait in the waiting room. They were 5 and 7.

I asked her out. Proposed 6 weeks later. We've been together 23 years. Married for 20. The 7 yr old is now 31 and getting married in August. The 5 year old is now 29 and has two little girls of her own.

Jan, my wife, and I have had a third daughter and she is in college and will be 20 this year.

Can't remember what life was like without all these women in my life.
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    We met in university student housing. I lived on floor 5, he lived on floor 2. That was nearly 18 years ago. He's the best.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    In 2006, I hit a big pipe that fell off a semi on the highway during rush hour and bent the rim on my SUV. When I went to get it replaced at Discount Tire, this "cute, but not my type" guy sat next to me in the waiting room and started chatting. It was a really long wait..... and after talking for an hour I thought he seemed nice enough to at least give him my phone number when he asked....and we've been together ever since (we'll be married 4 years this September). :love:
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Met my hubby when I was 16, met him through mutual friends, he was just supposed to be a 'thing' to make the guy I was really crazy about jealous... however we clicked. Moved in with him shortly after, got married 2 years later ( I was 18 he was 23) this year we will be celebrating 16 years. More in love now than ever, we truly are best friends and creep our kids and everyone else out because after all these years we still enjoy spending time together and still go on dates and weekends away....
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Met my now husband when I was 19, he was 26. I was working at a tanning salon that my best friends dad owned. He came in several times and I took notice, but we just exchanged :"hellos". After about a month, my friend told him that I thought he was hot (unbeknownst to me). He asked me out, but I politely declined, as I was in a relationship with someone else. After he asked a second time, I thought, what the hell and went out with him. That was 22 1/2 years ago. We dated for 11 months, became engaged and married six months later. Three kids later, two of whom are now in college, we just celebrated our 21st Anniversary!

And to think that my Mom said it would never work...that he was too old for me! :laugh:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I was at a new year's eve party when I was thirteen, and met a boy there that I kissed at midnight. Within a week, I was convinced I was going to marry him. We were friends for years, but I couldn't get him out of my head, even when I had other boyfriends. When I was 22, I married him.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    We met on a dating site and immediately friend-zoned each other. We both thought we'd be a terrible match but still chatted anyway. We decided to go out anyway since neither of us really had anything better to do. We had a really weird first "date", walked around Bass Pro making fun of the redneck version of REI, sat in a Russian coffee shop chatting, etc. There was no kiss or hug that night. I pretty much decided on that first date that he was amazing and exactly the kind of person I want in my life. He must have decided the same thing and chemistry has taken care of the rest. We have been fairly inseparable since...

...to be continued
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I recently got married as of June 2012. We had dated for two years and were engaged for 8 months. I would have never met my husband if it werent for our first job together! He went to college at a prestigous college in my city and is originally from a city 5 hours from here. I am local and only went to the local community college and we have different churches/friend community. My community college operates some horse stables in which at the time I was was employed with and caring for the horses (I am a huge animal lover). He got a job there as well and the rest is history! I love though that I get to brag that I trained him in how to shovel horse poop lol... which isnt very funny if your not an animal lover but we get a good laugh about how we met just because that was sure the last place I thought I would find my future husband!:flowerforyou:

A firefighter/paramedic and nurse share "interesting" conversations as well :bigsmile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I was struggling. Working at a Temp agency for $5 an hour. Teaching Tae Kwon Do at a local college and practicing massage out of a Chiropractic Office in the evenings. This gal was coming in for treatment of a back injury from a car accident. Brought her cute little girls with her and they would wait in the waiting room. They were 5 and 7.

I asked her out. Proposed 6 weeks later. We've been together 23 years. Married for 20. The 7 yr old is now 31 and getting married in August. The 5 year old is now 29 and has two little girls of her own.

Jan, my wife, and I have had a third daughter and she is in college and will be 20 this year.

Can't remember what life was like without all these women in my life.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Met my hubby when I was 16, met him through mutual friends, he was just supposed to be a 'thing' to make the guy I was really crazy about jealous... however we clicked. Moved in with him shortly after, got married 2 years later ( I was 18 he was 23) this year we will be celebrating 16 years. More in love now than ever, we truly are best friends and creep our kids and everyone else out because after all these years we still enjoy spending time together and still go on dates and weekends away....

It's important to like each other too :smile:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I found each other online when we were 54. First engagement/marriage for both of us, though I had spent the previous 42 years kissing a vast array of toads hunting for him. I really looked under every imaginable rock -- even going so far as to join a nudist club for awhile. Hint: uninteresting people are no more uninteresting when naked. Both Bill and I had each, at one point, tried eHarmony but their database couldn't match either of us. They kept giving me free extensions of my membership and refused Bill's renewal. So, I guess we are hard specimens to match. Anyway, the day we met, having made contact through Yahoo Personals, we knew. At one point, he groaned and said, "Oh, no! Separated at birth." We are two weeks apart in age, have basically identical views on politics, religion, etc., have similar educational backgrounds, and THE SAME MIDDLE NAME! We've passed our 7th anniversary, and like the seagulls in "Finding Nemo," periodically point at each other and say, "Mine!"
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I just moved to a new town, and didn't know anyone. My friend encouraged me to try on-line dating, and even though I was leery I gave it a try. Normally I wouldn't respond to profiles that didn't have pictures attached, but I liked what one guy wrote so much that I decided to respond to him, even though there was no picture. We started an email correspondence and I could tell we really had a lot in common. Finally we decided to exchange pictures....and lo and behold, it turns out that it was this guy from my hometown, whom I had had a HUGE crush on when I was 18 years old. We had even kissed once at a party, but then he moved away and I never saw him again. Then, over 10 years later, we found each other on match.com. :) Been together for nine years now, married for six.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    She was new in town and I just had to meet her, as I had heard wonderful things....3 years later, I'm still in love with the Five guys Bacon Cheeseburger
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    We were introduced through a mutual friend in 9th grade, he had just been transferred in from another school after causing some minor disturbances there. He would come sit with us in the hallway at breaks and lunch, and he would walk me to my bus stop after school.
    About a month after we met, he put his arm around me at the Santa Claus breakfast (I didn't mind), and then he tried to kiss me when he walked me to my bus stop that day, but I shied away. He called me a few times over Christmas holidays, but I was too shy to call him. The first day back to school in January, he asked me on a date, and I said yes. My mom thought he was the devil, but he is really a great person, and 12 years later I'm glad I said yes.
  • Bolton84
    Bolton84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I saw my wife for the first time on the first day of Basic Military Training. We both got to BMT a day late so 3 girls had to march around to all the inprocessing appointments with the approx 24 guys in my flight. My wife just so happened to be one of those 3 girls, however I didn't really pay too much attention to her. If you got caught looking or thinking about girls they will throw you on your face and make you start pushing and I didn't want to start my first day at BMT on my face.

After the end of BMT I bought a laptop and one of my friends who used to live in San Antonio put a bunch of movies and music on my laptop. This came in handy because the next day we didn't get any sleep because we were getting bussed to our Tech School. So during the bus trip I opened the laptop, threw in some headphones, and watched "The Green Hornet".

Once we got to Tech School we weren't allowed to wear civilian clothes until we passed so many inspections and volunteered. I volunteered to be a Student Leader and so within a week I was one of the first people allowed to wear civilian clothes and drink at the local Recreational Center. I ended up having a few drinks and singing karaoke with a bunch of people. One of my wifes friends saw me singing and having a good time.

The next weekend my wifes friend saw me going to the bar with a friend and invited us to go to Texas Roadhouse with her and her friends. I ended up sitting next to my wife, however at the moment we really didn't talk. That night we all went to one of the Dorm Rec Rooms with a big tv and we all watched "The Hurt Locker". I layed next to my wife and offered her my overshirt to use as a pillow. (Thats when she said she first knew that she liked me).

We soon started dating and after the 6 months of classes we went to our first bases, me to Colorado and her to Louisiana. We decided to do long distance and when Thanksgiving came around I went home with her to meet her family, ask for her fathers blessing, and propose.

We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary a month ago and are finally stationed together and couldn't be happier.