What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

Options

Replies

• mjm8700
    mjm8700 Posts: 1
    Options
    Being sick, especially when I have to end up on some meds that cause side effects.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Depression.

Or seeing really skinny people eating a ton and ton of food and not gaining much weight. :(
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feeling tired from work, lack of sleep & mean people kills my motivation & drives me to heaps & heaps of carb.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have several things that kill my motivation:

1. Getting two hours of sleep. I feel drained, starving for something sweet and like I'm always on the brink of falling asleep. It's like being on a hormonal see - saw, and having almost NO impulse control.

2. Getting home late at night from a long day at work and having to exercise. It just won't happen.

3. Over eating used to kill my motivation for the next day, but now it doesn't do anything because my weight is almost at goal. I still get to wake up at 105 pounds in the morning and that feels good. So what if I maintain for a while longer?

4. Cream. Cheese. Cake. 500 calories blown on a few small bites. Evil.

For 500 calories I could have had 6 Fuji apples, 14 clementines, 5 Weight Watchers chocolate ice cream bars, 15 cups of popcorn, or a fat plate of chili over whole grain spaghetti with cheese on top - instead. That cake is like throwing dynamite to all my carefully laid plans. Of course this is only if I eat it - so I don't.
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Injuries !

Nothing brings me down more than not being able to get in the workout I want.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    feeling like i don't have enough time in the day to do what must be done for school and work let alone the gym
  • Lainny21
    Lainny21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not seeing the results I want.
  • ambernbarrier
    ambernbarrier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That time of the month or 2 weeks before.
  • DanielleWatson83
    DanielleWatson83 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Honestly? When I feel good about myself. Crazy, I know. I tend to get a few good days under my belt and then I ease up completely and lose my motivation. It's a brutal cycle. I've been maintaining a year though, so I guess it evens out.
    aint that the truth, its the fat days that motivate me, and when i see im loosing, im like hrmm ill slip up and ill be fine.. yahhhhhhhhhhhhh right
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Feeling depressed, lonely, overwhelmed, stressed, and out of control of my life. (grad student- happens too often!)
    also, seeing little movement on the scale really bums me out, even though I know I'm building muscle.

but the thing that elevates my mood and motivation more than anything is my small group training workouts! Swinging kettlebells like a pro or dancing like crazy at Zumba - I leave the gym a sweaty triumphant mess every night. My motivation suffers the most on the weekends, which is when I don't have those workouts to pump me up!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    People who ***** and whine about their lack of motivation and then ask other people to do it for them.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    sleep deprivation -.-
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    lack of sleep. I'm seriously big on getting a good nights rest and I never quite grew out of that needing 8-10 hours a night teenager phase. I stirve for 10, usually get 8 and am just a ***** with 6 or less. If I haven't slept well and it comes down to a workout or a nap, nap wins almost all the time. Even though I realize I'd have more energy with the workout.
  • CatherineO
    CatherineO Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Alcohol!
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Booze.
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anger. When I get angry about my job. About being broke. About being left alone at work to do the job of two people. When someone from the main office calls and is snotty when I didn't do anything wrong.
    I get home and DH hasn't done a thing. Again.
    I just take what life gives me. And then I stuff myself.
    Rant over for now.
  • KaraStack2013
    KaraStack2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    getting sick /back hurts/headache and then "getting out of the habits" and having to start over---
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

NOTHING. I straight up, jack-moved murdered the thing that killed my motivation. The end, sucka.

I win.
  • Happywitme
    Options
    Tired, ;lack of sleep kills my motivation
  • fitambitious
    fitambitious Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling sad or emotionally drained, I usually lose motivation and end up giving into junk food..