Please look at my diary...

Options
1235»

Replies

• pinkcloudrising
    Options
    You stated, "I stopped using MFP from Nov-Feb. and my eating isn't as great as it used to be when I was losing weight..." This is most likely the reason. I hesitate to say this for fear it won't make any sense to you but three pounds gained in that long amount of time isn't that big of a deal. If you said you gained three pounds in a day or in a week even I'd say whoa...but it sounds like you are doing something right. You had a formula that was working that let you release 50 pounds so time to get back on track with that.

If you re-commit to logging your food plan every day before you eat meals and tightening up the amount of calories you are taking in (regardless of how many are going out), then you will most likely see the weight loss again.

And I agree with others, you don't have to restrict or deny yourself any foods (unless you know you are allergic or have an absolutely unhealthy relationship with it, i.e., me and salt and vinegar chips). If you want to have a burger and fries at a meal then you will need to balance the rest of the calories you are allowed in a day.

Finally, don't make yourself a slave to the scale! You are working out quite a bit. The strength training will build muscle which I am sure you know weighs more. Personally, I can't pay attention to the number on the scale or I would blow my brains out. My outsides NEVER match the number on the scale. I use how my clothes fit as a barometer of my body getting smaller. For example, the scale has stayed the same since I started using MFP a couple of months ago but I can snap my bra on the second hook now. I tried on a jacket that I bought three years ago and have never been able to get into. It fit over my arms and get this, girlfriend, I could almost close it in the front! It was tight on one arm and there is about a three inch gap before I can close it, but still...three months ago I couldn't even fit it over one arm. I just stood there looking at myself in the mirror and even had to go back later and try it on again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or deluding myself. The next day I went to the nutritionist to get weighed and the scale hadn't moved. I wanted to be discouraged but I knew something -- that my scale number self takes a while to catch up to my mirror and clothes fit self.

I really hope this help because you sound really committed to losing the weight but area fearful and getting down. Whatever you do...don't give up. Don't give up!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Why is your diary closed now?

Clearly she wasn't looking for as much truth as she was getting.

As Jules said in Pulp Fiction, "If my answers frighten you then you should cease to ask scary questions."

Woah, no need to get nasty here. I would not have opened my diary OR posted the question knowing full well what was in it if I was afraid of hearing the truth. I only closed my diary for a little bit while I figured out how to stop all of the notifications of replies I was getting on my phone.

I really appreciate all of the helpful and encouraging replies. Thank you.

My apologies. I've just seen it happen so many times here. The poster who talked about really locking thing downs was on point. I track everything that goes into my mouth on here no matter how small, even a Life Saver.

I also try to know what I'm going to eat for that day and I log it all in the morning. That tends to keep me from straying and eating badly.

Also, take body measurements. YOu can program the site to track for you. I measure both arms at hte biceps, waist at the navel, hips, and both thighs. Many times the scale doesn't move but those measurements do. Helps keep you focused on the big picture.

Also might want to consider a heart rate monitor or Fitbit to help you track your activity more accurately. Good luck!
  • septbride2
    septbride2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also do FXB. I did my 10 weeks last year and am now an instructor. My thoughts:

- significantly cut back on carbs -- this is when you will notice the biggest change. eat fruit as your carb.
    - don't overestimate calories burned in class. i only burn 250-300 cals in a strength training class & around 500 in a kickboxing class - if anything try to underestimate your calories burned.
    - have a couple of free meals instead of an entire day.
    - cut out the fast food! ;)

- Most importantly, don't worry so much about the # on the scale. Worry more about your body fat % & how your clothes fit.

Hope this helps! Good luck! I'm getting back into the nutrition part of the program myself.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I looked at the last few days and there's alot of crap in there. Macdonalds, chocolate, fried chicken etc. Even thougvh you maybe within your calorie limit it won't be doing your body any favours. Cut out the processed, fried and fast food and replace with lean protein, grains, nuts, fruits and vegies.
  • ashleeveronica
    Options
    I did Farrell's a couple years and I LOVED IT!! (Moved to Cali and it isn't out here :())

Maybe start taking measurements? I didn't lose much weight but I lost inches and went down a size...

As for diet information I don't feel like I can offer much advise since I'm here to lose myself so best of luck finding a path that works for you!!

Keep up the good work with the workouts!
  • infidelcowboy
    Options
    What difference does it make what you estimate for your calorie burn while doing FXB? It is my understanding that your carb and protein numbers are what they are, you don't get to eat back extra for calories burned during exercise... Given that, you should eat to hit your numbers and let the 6 days/week workouts do their magic, right?