Workout videos at home

Options
tabathavm
tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
Hi just really curious how many out there have seen results from just watching what you eat and either walking or doing some kind of workout video. I need some inspiration. I can only workout at home. I don't have a drivers license (never had one) so im stuck at home all week. So how many of you out there workout at home and have pics, please?

Replies

• LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I prefer to go to the gym, but I know quite a few folks who've gotten really good results at home doing P90X, Insanity, 30 Day Shred, Chalean Extreme -- you name it. The most important thing is not WHERE you do it but THAT you do it! If you're motivated, committed and consistent, you can get great results at home using videos.
  • andycet
    andycet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi just really curious how many out there have seen results from just watching what you eat and either walking or doing some kind of workout video. I need some inspiration. I can only workout at home. I don't have a drivers license (never had one) so im stuck at home all week. So how many of you out there workout at home and have pics, please?

I have dropped 7kg and maintained my lifestyle working out at home. I moved from UK to Spain and work longer days. I have more space and gym opening hours are weird here.

I read the Dolce Diet Living Lean and started following clean eating.
    I got a copy of Insanity on ebay and that with better eating triggered the weight loss.
    I then mixed in free videos from Daily Hiit/Body Rockers to mix it up and got results.
    Finally, got a barbell and weights and do routines in my garage or living room. I did go to a PT to get taught about form for the barbell.

Looking back now I would leave for work at 6am to get a 45 min routine in the gym before work and annual spend £720 on a gym membership. I've spent less than half that and had more results and more time in the day. The time I used to spend packing and travelling to the gym I use about half to make better meals and saves me money not buying lunches everyday.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 55 lbs in Months doing Turbo Fire at home :)
  • marlysgirl
    marlysgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So far I've dropped the weight doing zero working out. I did just did my first day of slim in 6 workout, this is more for toning than anything else. I am sore! Adding Advil to the diet this week. I'll work on the cardio....later. With the time change and it being light outside again, I plan on walking outside in the afternoon.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I lost every pound by doing just what you said. I log my food, work out 30-45 minutes M-F using videos and walking. I cycle between circuit training (started with 3 lb dumbbells, currently using 10 lb dumbbells), walking and kickboxing. I hit my goal and I am still losing, slowly. I like TaeBo, Leslie Sansone and Kelly Coffey-Meyer or Jillian Michaels.
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can only work out at home too....I have 4 young kids and my husband works crazy hours. I am fortunate enough to have an elliptical machine that my mom bought me 5 years ago. I just recently stopped used it as a coat rack. So I alternate between that, 30 day shred dvd and a Leslie Sansone walk aerobics dvd that I have. I use 3lb hand weights with the 30 day shred dvd until I can build up more muscle, lol. Feel free to add me, we can encourage each other!
  • GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I workout mostly at home. I usually do my workouts first thing in the morning before heading to work. I have almost 20 videos in my library I like to mix it up. I started mostly with the Biggest Loser Power Walk and The extreme makeover weight loss workout. I have done several Jillian titles and currently doing power 90. They all will give results as long as you do them. I usually get my videos through college because I can return then. There are several free ones you can find on YouTube.
  • xybernaut
    xybernaut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home, P90X, somewhat following meal plan and watching Cal's, Pictures in profile are 0 - 30 and 60 day photos.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32lbs. since November just by counting calories and working out at home. I may think about joining the gym later to build more muscle mass but right now working out at home is working pretty well for me.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Beach Body programs like Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, P90X and Insanity. Check out the 1000 calorie workouts from Fitness Blender on youtube -- those are my favorites these days (and TOUGH!). Doyogawithme.com has tons of great, free yoga videos for all different ability levels. Even though I love going to the gym, some of my favorite and best workouts are those I do at home. Good luck finding something that you enjoy!
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I do turbofire at home every morning for the past almost 2 months and I have lost 13.4lbs in that time. I have heard great things about insanity and chalean extreme...but i love turbo fire!!
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you have errands to run, you could bike or walk. Little improvements can have a huge impact. You'll probably have to add more activity if you want to continue to lose at some point. My mother chooses to walk every day (with her dog) and it's been great for her bone density (in the lower body). Walking has a lot of great benefits outside of weight control.
  • adoreabella
    Options
    I only work out at home as well. I have done Turbo Jam, Zumba, Turbo Fire, Brazil Butt Lift and am currently doing Les Mills Combat.
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE home workout videos! Anything by Jillian Michaels is amazing. You can get a really great combination of cardio and toning in minimal space and for pretty cheap (compared to a lot of exercise equipment). You will probably feel a little silly at first, but then you'll find how fun it actually is to go dancing around your living room =)
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have done both working out at home and going to the gym. I have had more success with working out at home. I think the reason is that I can do my workout right as soon as I wake up (practically before I'm fully awake, so it's like I'm not even doing it!). I have two kids (age 4 and ), so I get them breakfast, and they watch tv while I work out. It works the best for me. I like doing 30 day shred. Level one is free on youtube, not sure about the other levels...I haven't done those yet. I have the 3 mile walk for Leslie Sansone, but I did her 2 mile the other day from youtube (I used to have 1 and 2 on dvd, but I loaned them to a friend...). My favorite workouts are the Transfirmer ones from a few years ago. I really like step aerobics. :) I want to train for some running events (a 5K, 8 mile race, then a half marathon), but I will have to wait until my kids are asleep and my husband can watch them to run (can't run in the house because I don't have a treadmill)...

I hope that helps some! :) Eating is the biggest thing though. Proper nutrition is like 90%. I read a quote somewhere on facebook that said something like 90% of proper health is nutrition because you can't outrun your fork. That stuck with me. You can un-do all of your workout efforts with a couple slices of cake or several handfuls of nuts or even a big plate of pasta! I think both nutrition and exercise need to be aligned for best results though! :) Oh, and I've lost 80 pounds total. I struggle with maintenance, but I think this time that I'm 'in it to win it'! :)
  • rcolours7
    rcolours7 Posts: 69
    Options
    when i workout at home, i usually warm up on the exercise bike, then do 30-day shred or 10-minute solutions pilates.

some days i just go for a run around the block @ 3 mile loop i mapped out using google pedometer.

having a walking partner in ur neighborhood is good too.

when i started working out 1 yr ago, & watching what i ate, i lost @ 17lbs in @ 5 months or so. that's when/where i lost all my weight to date.

now/when, i go to the gym just to maintain b/c of my schedule & needed to be around people and have a higher intensity workout.

u can do it. it is really about making sure u do something everyday, no matter where u r.

have a great journey
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred and Fitnessblender.com are godsends.. free, available on Youtube and didn't require a gym membership. I ended up getting one though after these two rejuvenated my love for health and fitness.
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a gym since I started MFP and have lost quite a bit of weight and inches (it doesn't show on my ticker because I try to only weigh myself once a month to keep from obsessing with the scale). I have some Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvd's, I do some of the Zumba dvd's from the Exhilarate set, I go on walks outside in the evening, I made myself a really big Zumba playlist on youtube.....I just do these things and burn a ton of calories doing them! My weight loss was going pretty slow (but still coming off!) until I started to finally cut back on my sodium about a week ago and now the weight seems to be just falling off!

36525582.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight going to the gym, all from home. I have done 30 Day Shred, I am doing Turbo Fire right now, I also use http://www.fitnessblender.com/
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've just been watching what I eat and exercising 6 days/week on a stationary bike in front of my TV. Watched lots of Netflix in the process ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!