Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the headache, Jason-- way to go on the blades!

Jeannie-- woot-woot on the walking, sweetie!!!

Lori-- I don't venture out in the heat much-- I see people running at all hours of the day up here, and I feel like such a wimp-- but, I know I'll die. Good job on the walk.

I have to take Aaron back to the orthopedic guy this morning-- he'd ripped the soleus muscle, if y'all remember-- well, apparently it hasn't healed properly. Basketball coach is concerned, blah, blah, blah-- so back we go.

Need to scoot-- have a great day all.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have to take Aaron back to the orthopedic guy this morning-- he'd ripped the soleus muscle, if y'all remember-- well, apparently it hasn't healed properly. Basketball coach is concerned, blah, blah, blah-- so back we go.
    Ouch, thats the muscle on lower part of calf right? ow ow ow. Hope everything goes well.
    Seriously, if I had a torn ACL there is no way I would be putting on roller blades. You go!
    I probably shouldn't be either, my physio therapist has said its ok as long as I take it easy. Only go on short ones, and when I go up the hills I make my golden do all the work. Seriously I think last night the little bugger was pulling me around 30km/h having a great ole' time doing it too.

Sounds like you all are having a nice warm summer so far. I wish it would be a bit nicer here. But on the same note I am kind of glad it is not. Sold my motorbike this spring as I couldn't ride due to the ACL, but so wish I could. The nicer the weather the more I want to walk over to my brothers and steal his. lol. I am slated to get a new one this fall when prices go down, but such a long wait. :cry:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Jeannie- take your time, it will come back, give yourself a break and take it slow! It IS hot out there. I just got in from a 45 minute walk, I waited too late, 7:45 to start. Sweat was pouring in my eyes and burning and I am absolutely soaked! But I needed to sweat out some of the water that I was retaining from my unintended sodium fest yesterday, so it's all good!

I am taking it easy! Scared to death........really think more mental than anything. Kept looking at my HRM to see that my HR not too high. Weird to think there is a foreign object in that strong heart of mine!!

When I was hooked up to the IV I complained about the sodium! :laugh:

The nurse told me my waistline was none of her concern at the moment, and it would flush out soon enough. We had an entire convo about MFP, Black Team and logging foods.........being aware. I was hoping for some info on how to get the crap OUTTA us with some trick :glasses: NOPE...........drink lot's of water was all she said!

Your looking so good Lori................I hope you feel as pretty as you look!:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Only go on short ones, and when I go up the hills I make my golden do all the work. Seriously I think last night the little bugger was pulling me around 30km/h having a great ole' time doing it too.

As in GOLDEN RETRIEVER? :love: :love: In case you can't tell from my 'little' guy on my ticker, I am in love with my Golden.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Jason-- yep, you got it-- he was on crutches for a couple of weeks. Doctor is sending him for physical therapy twice a week for 4-6 weeks-- wonderful. More places to be. :grumble: Yeah, I know, Mother of the Year-- :angry:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie- take your time, it will come back, give yourself a break and take it slow! It IS hot out there. I just got in from a 45 minute walk, I waited too late, 7:45 to start. Sweat was pouring in my eyes and burning and I am absolutely soaked! But I needed to sweat out some of the water that I was retaining from my unintended sodium fest yesterday, so it's all good!

I am taking it easy! Scared to death........really think more mental than anything. Kept looking at my HRM to see that my HR not too high. Weird to think there is a foreign object in that strong heart of mine!!

When I was hooked up to the IV I complained about the sodium! :laugh:

The nurse told me my waistline was none of her concern at the moment, and it would flush out soon enough. We had an entire convo about MFP, Black Team and logging foods.........being aware. I was hoping for some info on how to get the crap OUTTA us with some trick :glasses: NOPE...........drink lot's of water was all she said!

Your looking so good Lori................I hope you feel as pretty as you look!:flowerforyou:

Jeannie- You are so darn sweet! Thank you. I have to admit, I would have a big mental issue going on too if I knew there was something in my heart, but I know you will get past it and move on and eventually it won't be at the forefront of your mind and you'll be exercising up a storm.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sorry about the headache, Jason-- way to go on the blades!

Jeannie-- woot-woot on the walking, sweetie!!!

Lori-- I don't venture out in the heat much-- I see people running at all hours of the day up here, and I feel like such a wimp-- but, I know I'll die. Good job on the walk.

Need to scoot-- have a great day all.

I think that is the one I injured in my flip flop incident:blushing:

Hope Aaron heals fast:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Ha-- the infamous flip-flop incident-- I remember that. No wonder you're afraid to run-- :wink:

Crazy nutty day-- took Aaron to the doctor, picked up his phone from the gym where he left it last night like a dope, stopped to get some groceries-- took Aaron back to the high school to shoot some drills the coach wants him to shoot--

I got kids breathing down my neck to get to the pool, can't can't take 'em there til I retrieve Aaron from the high school, and take Faith TO the high school for play rehearsal-- where she will be every day until 8/1 for Damn Yankees-- Rebekah, too--

PLUS we have physical therapy for Aaron, golf tournament tee-time on Monday at 7:20, -- up at 4:30, out by 5 the latest to make it on time with rush hour traffic.-- 1pm tee-time on Tuesday if he qualifies-- holy crap.

I'm telling you friends-- this is turning out to be a tricky month. Lots of other dynamics take my time in the morning and evening-- this will be fun continuing to get the runs in during my "optimum" times of day weather and heat wise. Wow--

Oh well-- yes, I'm wayy close to totally complaining about it, but this is part of the package with 9, right? They have lives, have places they need to be, activities they're participating in-- so, chin up, Marla64, and don't even think of *****ing.

There-- I snapped myself out of it-- now I just need to do it in front of my kids, too--

Hope to get to the pool 5ish or so-- maybe later--

Later, my team--
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    As in GOLDEN RETRIEVER? :love: :love: In case you can't tell from my 'little' guy on my ticker, I am in love with my Golden.

Actually was going to ask if the was an oldy goldy in your ticker. Yes, we have a year and a half golder retriever called Koda. He is the biggest goof on the face of the planet. I'm just in the process of uploading some pics to a new image host.

Ok, here we go...http://onyxx.zenfolio.com/goldenmoments
  • Marla64
    Options
    Pssssssssst-- over here--

shhh.gif

everybody listen up--

You hear that?

Me neither-- my house is empty-- E-M-P-T-Y-- well, except for me, natch.

I'm making dinner-- last of the kids just went to the neighbor's-- woo-hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    dancingsmiley2-1.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options

shhh.gif

everybody listen up--

You hear that?

I'm making dinner-- last of the kids just went to the neighbor's-- woo-hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    dancingsmiley2-1.gif

QUICK!! LOCK the doors!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Actually was going to ask if the was an oldy goldy in your ticker. Yes, we have a year and a half golder retriever called Koda. He is the biggest goof on the face of the planet. I'm just in the process of uploading some pics to a new image host.

Ok, here we go... goldenmoments
  • 72lori
    Options

Ok, here we go...http://onyxx.zenfolio.com/goldenmoments

Now I have a big old smile on my face! Koda is beautiful! I 'oooohhed and ahhhhed' through all the pictures. I love his color.

Goldens are the bomb. My oldest son wanted one because of all the Air Bud movies, I protested, but caved and I love that dog to pieces. I swear he's another person in our house, he has so much personality, he looks at me and I know what he's thinking.

My parents were always small dog people and said years and years ago, 'No more dogs" but after I got mine and they realized how totally awesome Golden's are, they ended up with a total sweetheart too.

Mine is Boomer, the fur love of my life. He's going to be 7 and his face is showing his age, although he's been getting grey for at least 3 years now. He's darker so it shows more. We really couldn't ask for a better dog. We rescued him when he was 3 months old. He goes for walks and runs for me and doesn't need a leash. He listens and stops and looks both ways (I swear he does) when I tell him to. I think I puff up my chest in pride every time we pass somebody who says 'what a good dog' or 'he's so pretty'. Of course he is a total baby, scared to death of his own shadow and has no clue he's too big to sit on my lap, all 110 pounds of him.

I'll stop, cause I'm sure I could keep going, but I'm also sure I'm boring the rest of our team! LOL
  • 72lori
    Options

shhh.gif

everybody listen up--

You hear that?

dancingsmiley2-1.gif

Not to rub it in or anything, but my 2 boys are in Pennsylvania. Tom's 2 kids are getting picked up in an hour to spend some time with their mom (until July 4th). On top of that my hubs will be home tomorrow for the weekend and then gone again, so it's only me and the dog next week until Thursday, then a whole other kidless weekend with my hubs! I am giddy!

Guess I should feed these 2 before I shove 'em out the door... one last gesture of 'motherly crap'... then don't let the door hit ya on the way out! Bahahaha!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Alright, I have to confess about this kid free time thing.... I might get a little bored. There! I said it!

I've been here since Sunday afternoon with only my step 2 that are getting ready to leave. They are lumps, couch taters 100%. I have barely seen them this week, other than when they come out looking for food or need me to run them somewhere. I haven't cooked for them either, every time I offer they would rather 'do their own thing'. I've had minimal laundry becasue they don't get dressed out of what they slept in and while I should care and normally would be on their behinds, I haven't given a flip this week, my vacation started!

When my sister came she brought me the 4 books in the Twilight series, I have read 3 of them since Sunday afternoon, getting ready to start #4 when these two hit the road. I'm not a huge TV watcher, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to get into, but I'll figure it out!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well-- never fails-- every time I start to dancingsmiley2-1.gif the good Lord gives me a snapoutofit.gif. No sooner had I gotten back in the kitchen from running back from the computer than the phone rang. Faith was due to be done at play rehearsal at 6pm-- but was done at 5:20 and needed a ride. gaah.gif

First, I sent her a swear1.gif text in reply to her, "I'm done early, can you pick me up" text request. Then with a sigh.gif went to get her.

This is the burden I carry through life, my friends-- hiker.gif

:wink:

It's way hot out tonight, so I think I'm going to computer3.gif for a bit tonight and let the sun get a wee bit lower-- head out 8ish or so. Due for 4.5 miles tonight.

Later, my peeps.
  • Marla64
    Options

I'll stop, cause I'm sure I could keep going, but I'm also sure I'm boring the rest of our team! LOL

putertired.gif

Not at all, Lori--

:wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    And just to show you how much I love you all-- I won't roll the thread-- I'll let somebody else have the fun--

:heart: :smooched:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Can I do it?