When did you start seeing results?

Options
2»

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to tell because I still just see how far I have to go still.

Something I'm *constantly* telling myself: focus on how far you've come, not how far you have to go. it's a major change in how you think about things, but it really helps if you can manage to look at things that way :)
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was given the "gift" of the flu a few weeks back, so it kick started all this. I am seeing the initial change in areas I don't really need to see it. My face developed a wrinkle on my chin as the skin is relaxed, and my legs skin looks loose. My torso looks the same. But I moved up 2 or 3 notches on my belt. Today I started using the very last notch available. I will need to add more. But i think i look the same.
  • alexisjfrank
    Options
    I started tracking about a month ago (again) and started working out a couple weeks ago and I have actually seen a weight gain on the scale. I keep telling myself its just water, muscles repairing . . . . But it's really been discouraging. I'm going to stick with it and hopefully I will wake up one day soon and have a weight loss.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    After the initial water weight loss in week 1, I started to visibly notice around week 3. I hit maintenance around week 9/10 after losing 20lbs. A few weeks later I was in size 30 jeans from 32 (haven't been a 30 since I was 19-20!)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I could start seeing small changes at 10 lbs down, more wholesale changes at about 15-20 lbs. The general populace (those that were unaware of any attempts to lose weight on my part) noticed at about 20 lbs.

By 20 lbs in, one usually already believes in themselves and feels pretty good ... but the comments from friends and family sure don't hurt!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on where you started. I was in the middle of my norm, so getting to the "small" end again isn't that noticeable to anyone but me...and my hubby, he's a great encourager, almost every day! I have worked for three months to move down only one pant size, but have lost three waist inches. I have lost 9.1% of my body weight, so that's probably in line with others who are losing more, but perhaps started with more to lose.
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump for later when I have time to post.
  • vespagal
    vespagal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wasn't loosing anything so I dropped may cals to 1200 per day and started walking more regularly. Now I am getting results :)
  • nataliedrake3
    nataliedrake3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really didn't notice until after about 20 pounds. I looked in the mirror and noticed that my double chin was not looking back at me lol
  • rylie_love13
    rylie_love13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I could see it after about 10 pounds, but even at 20 lbs lost it still isn't really that huge of a difference to me. I'm built pretty athletically though, and I'm a teenager so maybe it's different for me. My family has noticed, but not many of my friends. Soon though! :)
  • DrWilyMD
    DrWilyMD Posts: 14
    Options
    I started at 260 on a 5'11" frame, and even though my clothes fit differently, I did not notice a visible difference in the mirror until I was down 25-30 lbs. Other people did, but I didn't. But when I finally did notice, it was very obvious. And now that I can finally see a different overall, I find myself being able to visually spot little details on almost a weekly basis. I think it really just depends on how bad of a case of "Fat Kid Syndrome" you have.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    probably every 20 lbs.