healthy choices gone WRONG!

Options
when have you tried a healthy food and absolutely hated it?

I'm very tolerant and open to trying new foods, but i just had a slice of sunflower seed bread.... and now i feel sick. :/

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I tried wheatgrass and lordyy lord. I threw up.
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    I once tried some pasta made from quinoa, just for a change...

'twas awful. Awful, awful.
  • nasa91
    nasa91 Posts: 8
    Options
    I can't stand the texture of eggplant. I've tried it half a dozen ways. It's just horrible to me.

Also, most of those low calorie alternatives to "unhealthy" foods. Like pizza or cupcakes or whatever. I'd rather just wait until I have room in my diary for the real thing.
  • awonin
    awonin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Peach pie with whole wheat crust and no sugar. It was at a potluck worst and most disappointing thing I ever ate
  • rachelamedley5
    rachelamedley5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    desserts made with ricotta, hermesetas and vanilla extract it was just gross and nothing like a panna cotta!!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think it is cool you are willing to try new things. The only way to know is to take that chance.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I made a shake with pea protein a whole back. It was awful but I forced it down( protein you know). Now I'm sticking to whey until I'm brave enough to try something else:)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I really wish I liked cottage cheese but I can't stand the taste or the texture although I'm fussy with cheese full stop.
  • changejen2013
    Options
    Shirataki noodles.....NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I made cheese enchiladas with fat free cream cheese and low fat cheddar. Truly bad. Ugh. I'd rather have the real thing and eat less.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    salmon :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Gluten free wraps... :noway:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    TUNA...................i despise it.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Green Vibrance or any other powdered vegetable supplement.. they taste like freaking dirt

Chia seeds are like learning what swallowing a load must be like...
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles.....NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are these those "Miracle Noodles"? I bought some and was too scared to try them because they reminded me of tentacles so I tossed them lol
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Chia seeds are like learning what swallowing a load must be like...

Yup. Disgusting...
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options

*gasp* Send it to meeeeeeeeee! Well, only if it's wild Pacific salmon. If not, then I agree.

I am Not A Fan of cottage cheese. The texture and the taste combined are just... wrong.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Raw kale. I don't really like uncooked vegetables. I don't want to get into the debate about which nutrients the body needs and about denaturing plant enzymes. Cooking veggies is the only way I'm going to get them into me.

I was expecting the somewhat soothing, taste of spinach. I got this stuff with sour vinegar and ugh..the taste wasn't what I was expecting. The texture was just bad. Also, there was this glutin-free blueberry bar at the store. I thought the blueberry part would be good. The whole thing had the texture of a shoe.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

ditto, although I just keep making myself eat it and the more I do, the less I hate it.

edited to add: ditto on the Chia seeds!!! So, so, so very gross.
  • chaosqueen01
    chaosqueen01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Funny how different taste are! I love salmon, tuna, cottage cheese and spinach.

When I was a kid, my mom and my aunt cooked whole grain spaghetti who my sister an me hated. They were dark brown and even if you put loads of salt into the cooking water they tasted like glue.

Eggplants are not my favorite either. The only way I like them is the turkish or arabic eggplant paste with loads of garlic. :D Uh, and bananas. I like the taste, don't love it, but it's okay. But I really hate the texture!