Things That Ruin Your Workout!!!

Options

Replies

• Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm... How about the dude that thinks hes going to THE NIGHT CLUB and wears his entire bottle of cologne he got for Christmas! Then hops on machine next to me....I'm in the zone and have to stop and switch machines before I gag? Um...sweat and cologne don't mix Mr. Fabio!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Having to pee in the middle of the workout :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
    People who douse in perfume before working out (da fa..???)
    People who walk away from squat rack/bench press for 10 minutes then demand they get back on it :grumble:
    Forgetting my headphones
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    When I'm working out in the morning and Mom tells me to turn the music down, having to pee, my hair falling in my face, phone calls.... barking dogs..... family..... food. lol
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    I dont do the gym, its not my thing, I hit the street and go from there, so rain is a definite buzz kill

ear buds when they shag out and one cuts in and out,

when some one rings and your using your iphone as your mp3 player so it rings at the wrong time like when your pump hard track comes on

and injury, I have this routeen where I walk the 100m from my door to the street then use the guy across the roads fence to stretch off (I have know idea why as I have a more sturdy fence at my front gate but its just what I do) but any how this one time, I walked acorss the road triped and rolled my ankel on the edge of the road / hard sholder and tore ligaments in my ankel, I was in agony like on a scale of 1 - 10 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest 4.5 being standing on lego with bare feet this was like a 12, I couldnt evenrest my foot on the ground much less put weight on it so I ended up crawling aross the road through the gate and 100m down my gravel drive way up the stairs and inside

my wife then comes out and asked why I wasnt going for my run :cry:
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    When my earbuds won't stay in...
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Trying to workout with other people. I just don't *get* the "workout buddy" thing.

ditto that. also people who rest on the machines and those who neglect to wash either themselves or their workout gear. And if my shuffle runs out of juice...that's the worst.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Having to pee!

This, but out the other end.
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Trying to workout with other people. I just don't *get* the "workout buddy" thing.

I agree!! I dont get that either!!
  • mindyjo74
    Options
    When my earbuds won't stay in...

I HATE that!! lol I finally started wearing a head band just to keep mine from falling out!
  • mindyjo74
    Options
    Having to pee!

This, but out the other end.

Horrible adverse effect if your a runner....i know
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    For me its this older woman that comes in and sits in a chair and watches ME workout.... Thats all she does. She doesnt get on anything or USE anything... she sits in one of those hard orange chairs and watches only ME. Its weird is what it is. :grumble: :noway:

That is bizarre. :huh: There's an older guy who likes to come in and work out right behind where I run intervals on the treadmill. I guess he's studying my excellent running form. If I come in after him, he will move machines just to get behind me. Creeper...:tongue:

Worse, when someone who reeks of perfume or cigarettes gets next to me and triggers my asthma. Otherwise, I don't really care what anybody else does unless it impacts ME.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    ipod/iphone dying, forgetting headphones, forgetting shoes so I can't even do anything :(, not being able to de-stress therefore making it stressful when its usually de-stress time
  • AwkwardAlycia
    Options
    When your super cute little 100lbs soaking wet friend asks to come to the gym with you and gets bored..
    or Goes forever on the elliptical and asks why you can't breathe past the half hour mark.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Music player dies
    Phone calls
    Text Messages
    Someone trying to talk to me...(Go Away!) lol.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    They are playing euro dance trash music at the gym now...DAFUQ?! ... I hate this crap worse than country music.

So there IS something worse than country music? :laugh: I have something sorta like a phobia of country music. I'm not exactly afraid of it, but it makes me super tense and irritable and I feel like punching something hard. Don't know how or why this happens, but it does. I'm an easy-going type, and nothing else makes me feel this way. Thankfully, they don't play country music at my gym or I'd have to cancel my membership...
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Opening up my water bottle and it smells rancid. Like something died in it. Still not sure why.

Extreme gas.

The elderly man working out with you begins hovering. And I mean, standing next to you, as you're on a machine, attempting to "root you on".

No matter what station I put Pandora on it can't give me a good tempoed workout soundtrack.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Due to bad knees, swimming and aqua classes are a big part of my cardio workouts, and I havent been able to go since middle of last week as the pool is closed due to some problem... so I have had to use the main gym for my cardio this week (boy do my knees feel it), and it looks like I wont hit my 15 mile swimming for the month this month :(
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ads on Pandora. That's why I switched to Spotify and pay 10 bucks monthly. All the music I want, unlimited skips, NO ADS! :D

Also, emails/texts/phone call notifications during, and then there's gas... o_O Gas will ruin a badass workout in a heartbeat.