EGGS eek.

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    I pretty much eat 2 whole eggs at least 5 days a week and my cholesterol is fine.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    TUNA yeah baby. great suggestion
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    I eat at least one whole egg every day. I started doing this when I started trying to lose weight. I was honestly a little worried about my cholesterol, but after a year and a half, I had it checked again. My cholesterol levels (which weren't bad in the first place) were even better.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Love eggs, but mainly stick to duck eggs which are much richer, more filling, and yes, higher in fat, protein and probably cholesterol but have done me no harm. I have one everyday before bed. Cannot imagine ditching the yolk, most filling part for me.
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    I have a minimum of three eggs a day.

And; as I have said before - I have asked my chickens to lay white-only eggs, but they just ignored me.

Lol!

Interesting debate actually, Eggs are really good for calorie control, and omlettes are so so tasty, I have toyed with making them with more whites and using the Yolks to make Custard to have with some Pie, but I think that might defeat the object??
  • ny89er
    ny89er Posts: 3 Member
    our bodies synthesize all the cholesterol we need to survive - there is no necessity for dietary ingestion of cholesterol.
  • ny89er
    ny89er Posts: 3 Member
    the only thing i'd worry about are some noxious farts
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    If you are worried, try a protein smoothie. I use brown rice protein because it doesn't taint the flavor, is less cholesterol and is also more privy to my Ovo-pescatarian diet (eggs and fish, no meat.) I agree with what I've seen listed above about the egg "myth," but also want to caution that while not EVERYONE gets a serious cholesterol problem with eggs, some people are more sensitive than others are to it and can develop problems if they over-do it. Like anything, I guess, moderation is the key.

Anyway, you can also eat nut butters like Justin's chocolate hazelnut or almond butter, and almond milk has some in it as well. And then of course you have beans! And quinoa, eggplant, loose nuts like what you find in trail mix, turkey bacon or turkey products, which are generally not terrible for ya. I like eating a banana with a single serving packet of Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter for a snack at work. It usually keeps me pretty full. Beet chips are pretty filling too.

Anyway, hope you find what you're lookin' for!
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Typically, I eat about 2 eggs a day and feel great. As long as you're generally healthy and eating a well balanced diet, you should be good. :)
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    From my dietitian's mouth this week: "Dietary cholesterol is only responsible for 20% of your total cholesterol levels. Eggs are good for you."

It's not the 80's any more, thankfully :-).
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    I eat one boiled egg for breakfast most every morning. That and my Greek yogurt seem to satisfy me. I hear all these little elderly people I work with telling me "honey, we ate eggs and bacon all our lives and we are still here", lol. With all the mixed reviews I see on eggs, I am going to listen to these little old people for now :smile:
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Typically, I eat about 2 eggs a day and feel great. As long as you're generally healthy and eating a well balanced diet, you should be good. :)

^^^^^^Yep this.

The stuff about cholesterol is overblown scare mongering. As long as you have balanced diet it is fine.
    our bodies synthesize all the cholesterol we need to survive - there is no necessity for dietary ingestion of cholesterol.

True but its actually about the balance of the rest of the diet, a no cholesterol diet high in all factors can result in high cholesterol in the body anyway.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Understanding_Cholesterol.htm
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    I eat more eggs than anybody I know and I'm perfectly fine.

WHOLE EGGS!!!

Just get them down you!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    We need cholesterol to live. It has a bad rap and isn't this big scary thing we have all been led to believe.

Unless your cholesterol is already high then you have no need to worry about eating eggs.

Also, eat the white and the yolk, I absolutely cannot stand the idea of people just eating egg whites and wasting 50% of the protein that is in the yolk. No one needs to eat a 8 egg white omelet, it's just ridiculous.

I don't eat the yolk. I think they're yucky :sick:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,106 Member
    Move to Canada, we don't restrict cholesterol. :wink:

If your worried about cholesterol, then worry about the 40,000 mg's you have circulating in your body right now as opposed to the 190mg's in a yolk.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'll see your pathetic chicken eggs and raise you duck eggs. Even MORE cholesterol. Ha!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    I'll see your pathetic chicken eggs and raise you duck eggs. Even MORE cholesterol. Ha!

I like a duck egg, but I raise you a goose egg - they are Loooveley! 'Keeper at my last place was also responsible for a large menagerie of ornamental waterfowl and would bring me the goose eggs to buy my silence because nobody else on the estate had twigged that the geese were ornamental and he managed their numbers....or indeed, that they laid eggs.....
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member

I like a duck egg, but I raise you a goose egg - they are Loooveley! 'Keeper at my last place was also responsible for a large menagerie of ornamental waterfowl and would bring me the goose eggs to buy my silence because nobody else on the estate had twigged that the geese were ornamental and he managed their numbers....or indeed, that they laid eggs.....

I'll see your chicken egg, duck egg, and goose egg, and raise you an ostrich egg. :wink:
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    i'm 50 yoa female, blood numbers perfect and i eat 2 to 5 whole eggs everyday.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    I'll see your chicken egg, duck egg, and goose egg, and raise you an ostrich egg.

If you could manage to eat one of those in one go i'd be impressed!!