Things That Ruin Your Workout!!!

Options

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    A new one for me tonight: during Zumba tonight, this woman right next to me was popping and snapping her chewing gum so loud that I couldn't hear the music! I actually wished she would've choked on it. (That's mean, I know, but it was so annoying).

And the ever present problem of people NEVER putting the equipment away or leaving heavy weights in the sauna and spending half of my workout time running all over the gym trying to find the equipment I need.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If I wear a loose top then it keeps rising up when im doing cardio workouts,
    I work out at home, so if Im doing a weights routine then my 2 yr old decides to run into my line of workout and nearly get a dumbell on his head (he has perfect timing lol)
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Fresh calluses, blisters, etc. I don't actually care about whether or not I have them, but when they impede upon my ability to exercise (e.g. grip a bar) I get very frustrated, very quickly. It's also becoming painful to turn on the shower and grip the steering wheel. :grumble: My hands need to toughen up already *rages in the corner*
  • confab151
    confab151 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    sweaty people who refuse to wipe down the machines = Bummer
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Nausea. That's about the only thing that I've had completely kill a workout for me.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Having to use the bathroom while on a great run....Pants falling down while running (yes, I need new ones, as I have shrunk a bit), bra strap falling off shoulder. Shirt bunching up in the armpit area while running....one shoe tied tighter than the other....All distractions and annoyances.... :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea

i reported this post. every knows you cant say Diarrhea without adding the cha-cha-cha after
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Fresh calluses, blisters, etc. I don't actually care about whether or not I have them, but when they impede upon my ability to exercise (e.g. grip a bar) I get very frustrated, very quickly. It's also becoming painful to turn on the shower and grip the steering wheel. :grumble: My hands need to toughen up already *rages in the corner*

as a single guy, this is not a problem
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Your attitude can ruin your workout. IF you have an attitude that you're gonna kick butt regardless, then you will. If you think it, you can do it...if you don't think you can, you won't.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Having to pee!

^^THIS! Hate it. I hate getting in a good groove on the treadmill and then BAM! It comes on and there's no NOT getting off to go pee. Ugh! Messes up my workout big time!
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    too many people wanting the same damn piece of equipment
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    One thing that ruined my workout at my new gym, is no real space to circuit train.

My gym has a big open floor.. half is a basketball court, and half is for working out. It's wide open and I'm afraid that I will either get whacked by a basketball or everyone will be staring because I'm right in the middle of the damn floor with nothing blocking anyones view.
  • teach722
    teach722 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's just creepy having someone watch you work out. There are tips that run through one of the gym tv's that says don't stare. I laugh each time I see it, but maybe the staring woman needs to read it.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Agree :)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was 20 minutes into an online yoga class and my computer decided to reboot for an update. - not cool
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea

i reported this post. every knows you cant say Diarrhea without adding the cha-cha-cha after

hahahahaha - this is too funny!
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Having a weight thrown at your feet, because you are using the dead lift platform to dead lift 475 lbs and when you do it, and set the weights down (and i quote "Set down, not slam") some feels you are being rude and need to stop slamming the F'ing weights.
  • tvixy
    tvixy Posts: 11
    Options
    When I work out at home - someone (mom, dad, brother) walks into my room. always. Even though I tell not to come in. I regret not buying a lockable handles ever since reconditioning my room.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Me!!! it is too easy to sabotage my own workout even though I do not plan too or the phone rings or my hubby. wants a hand with something!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I had my first gym/workout annoyance today! A dude hopped on a tread right next to me and proceeded to run using the bars to prop himself up. He ran for about 10 minutes then walked for about 6... running almost the WHOLE time using the side rails to hold himself up.

obnoxious.

I have seen someone do this before! Wtf? The guy I saw had the treadmill cranked up at a really high speed too. Weird...