Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Wow, how wonderful to have so many of us on this website! I am 47 - no kids - and no plans to have them.

I am a Big Sister though and I love that and enjoy spending time with my Little Sister.

I like (well-behaved, interesting) kids and wish I had more contact. I once volunteered briefly at a charter school. I recently wrote a group that sends volunteers to read aloud to kids stuck in medical facility waiting rooms. If they need help, that might be fun.
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and have no kids at home both are adults and live on their own....does this count?
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and childfree. Although I do have a 26 year old stepdaughter.- but she is independant and I've never known her as a young child. I met her Dad when she was 16

I am auntie to three (2 girsl and 1 boy) and love then dearly. I also love handing them back!!

I always thought I'd have kids someday - but when I met my hisband he was clear he didn't want any more. I had to think about what I wanted and realised that it was him more than children!

I was definitetly starting to feel a minority on here. In the US the trend does seem to be to have children quite young and usually more than 3 of them!
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    41 yrs old. Single. No kids. Happy.

I never did understand the why people perceive that pets must be a "replacement" for kids. To me, it's two separate decisions - Do I want kids? Do I want cats? I mean, if you decide not to buy a microwave, do you say, I decided to go with a refrigerator instead? They are both in the kitchen, but they serve different functions.

Pets and kids are both in the relationship category, but they are different. Imagine if married women said - well, I'm married so I decided to go with a husband instead of any girlfriends. That would make no sense, right? They fulfill different needs - but still in the relationship category. Or once a woman had a child, she said - okay, that replaces my husband, don't need him any more. Makes no sense. If the replacement theory was true, then families would never bother to get pets because they already have kids.

For me, I adore my kitties and spoil them rotten but they are NOT "second rate" replacements for kids. I think that's a silly perception propogated by people who just can't believe that someone wouldn't be interested in having children. I have never been interested in having children. I don't hate children, but I just don't get the appeal. I feel so much fulfilment from other things in my life. I have yearnings for all kinds of things - but having kids has never been one of them. I'm not trying to fill some kind of "kid hole" in my life with cats. There was never a hole there to begin with.

I do like having a man in my life. (Completely separate decision from kids.) I've enjoyed some wonderful long-term relationships before, but I have no perma-date right now. Hoping to find a new beau soon. Know any yummy, intelligent, low-maintenance guys in NYC?

For those looking for friends with a similar lifestyle, I do eat at restaurants, but also at home a bit so I also cook and grocery shop for one.

Height 5' 4"
    Original starting weight: 217
    MPF starting weight: 200
    Current weight: 187
    Goal weight: 149
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i am now 55, and by the time i was 45, my 2 kids were on their own, so i was "kidless" all over again at age 45... Now THOSE were some mighty fun years right there!
    but, i guess i don't count.

if it helps, neither of my daughers--both in their 30s now, has reproduced, nor do they plan to.
    ever.
    I raised them to believe they could be satisfied women with any option they chose, and i also did a Great job of teaching them birth control, birth control, birth control, hammering that education home,
    in same way i taught them nutrition, hygiene, exercise, etc, and similar life lessons,
    so that IF they did Decide to become a parent, it would be a CHOICE, not a whoopsie moment, (the way too many ppl, especially young young ppl, end up as parents....)

Childfree people are becoming much much more common place nowadays, and this option should be supported. Parenthood is HUGE decision, and not everyone wants it. (it is however, quite a bit of fun..........til the kids turn about 14 years old...sigh..J/K!!)

I totally believe a person can have a wonderful life without being a parent, and for *most* humans, childless ppl will have less financial stre$$ and more options than a parent will have,
    in every decision
    of ever hour
    of every day.

I used to point at my kids and say, "this child here is a home on the Riviera, and this other one is the advanced PhD degree i wanted plus many many super topshelf vacations several per year i never had." (well, when not when they could hear me, of course! just a joke to my pals when money discussions came up) I'm just sayin, wowza, are kids EXPENSIVE! KA-CHING!!
  • maradot
    maradot Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and no kids, and still sooo busy. Life is life, you do what you do, no reason, just the way it all shakes out. And, it's all good.
  • tricia156
    tricia156 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am almost 40 and no kids.....and like someone who stated earlier being latina with no kids very rare...I don't hate them so maybey one year I might adopt since my eggs are getting old:laugh:
  • CherBear1958
    CherBear1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to add 54 year old woman who has no kids, never wanted any kids, and yet raised a niece?
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    36, been with the same man, who is now my husband for 17 yrs. We are childless by choice. We enjoy the freedom :)
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a married lady in her mid-thirties that does not have kids. Husband got a vasectomy 3 years ago when we made the choice not to have them. It was the best decision for us.
  • sitasays
    sitasays Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, married and happily child-free!
  • HazelzWorld
    Options
    Live your life woman! And FYI - it's not rare. There are a ton of us out there with no kids. ;)
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Not that rare--I'm in that group!
  • sisa1965
    sisa1965 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    47... no kids, nieces and nephews that I adore.... and like others I am always getting the you would be a great mom speech...
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    48, no kids, no S.O. live w/cats and a fish...no life :laugh:
  • yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say here's one more. Rock on ladies!
  • Darla1960
    Darla1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    53 and no children...
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'd still love more friends in this category. Send an FR.
  • EarlyEarlyR
    Options