Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and married but no kids. Will send you an add.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 this year....I have a husband and 2 furkids!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    mid-30s and no kids...never will have kids

My husband and I are child free by choice.

Same here!
  • rainbowfaye
    rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You guys give me such hope. I am only 24 but my mom has been encouraging me to have kids since I was 18. (the rest of my family is just as bad). I never wanted children and now I am engaged to a man who doesn't want them. So in 15 years I really hope to be like all of you. :)
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Clever bunch.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    I am 40 with no kids.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    40 and no kids here either.
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    BrownEyedJerseyGirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    41 no kids by choice.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 with no kids and no desire to have any. My bestie is on here -- she's 46 and doesn't have/want kids either. Say hi to WongoWoman if she doesn't respnd first. lol
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'll be friends with just about anybody. I was curious if there were women out there like me with no kids. It's great to meet people in common and I'm finding it' not common to be kid-less in your 40's! Please add me!

That's me too!

Although I still hold out hope that I will be a mommy someday. :ohwell:
  • lasinbb
    lasinbb Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in my 40s - no kids, never been married, not interested really in either... and deeply sincerely happy and fulfilled. :-) So fun to see so many others in our place in life!!!!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    39 and married, no kids- just two GREAT dogs. I coach figure skating, so I get to borrow kids- then send them home at the end of the day ;-) Better yet, I typically choose the ones I want to borrow.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, mother of 2 grown daughters. I had them by choice. I wanted to let you know that just as all 40+ women are not spinster cat ladies, not everyone will give you crap for not having children. I have the utmost respect for you gals who have chosen to not have kids. For whatever reason. Enjoy living your life as you choose! Sorry about the people who give you grief about it.

I do have a question for you though. How do you feel when people ask if you have any kids? I often will ask just because I like to know people's stories. Do you tell people that it's by choice, or do you fear getting their 'why having kids is so important' speech? Fyi: you wouldn't get that speech from me.
  • WongoWoman
    Options
    Right here! I'm 45, even though this for some reason added a year on me! No kids! Woooooot!
  • patkterry
    patkterry Posts: 50
    Options
    40, no kids, single.. I do have gentle men friends though, and lots of great friends that fill my life with love-laughter and fun!!!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I do have a question for you though. How do you feel when people ask if you have any kids? I often will ask just because I like to know people's stories. Do you tell people that it's by choice, or do you fear getting their 'why having kids is so important' speech? Fyi: you wouldn't get that speech from me.

I think that is a personal thing that no one should have to feel like they have to answer, no matter the motive behind it. If someone volunteers it, fine. But after all, no one asks people why they DO have children or why they want children, right? If someone asks me, I just say something like, "Boy, that sure is a personal question ... mind telling me your bra size?"
  • skatergirl69
    Options
    42, married 20 years and no kids!! Yeah!!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    46.... No Humans over here. Just two wild and crazy Pomeranians. And a goldfish. Wow. I thought I was the only one. Guess its not rare, look at all your responses. Kinda makes me feel a little better. Thanks for your topic. Its nice to know.:smile:
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Another one here! 40, no kids, single, 2 giant fur babies.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yep, 40 (turning 41 in a couple of weeks... eek!) and no kids for me and hubby! Only a four-legged fur-kid who thinks she's people lol!