Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been saying I don't want kids since I was about 14. Nobody believed me then but they are starting to now that I am 40!

Same here, in fact I still sometimes get told 'you'll change your mind one day' :laugh:

Nice to see so many of us on here. I've always been made to feel weird because I've never wanted kids. One place I used to work I heard a rumour that I couldn't have kids and everyone should not mention kids to me because it would upset me. When I asked someone where this rumour started I was told 'We just assumed you couldn't because you don't have any' :huh:

YES! People cannot believe that I would choose to not have kids. How dare me to defy my reproductive capabilities! *gasp*
  • WillyQ711
    WillyQ711 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not a woman, but I will say it's the same for guys out here! It's quite the rarity I must admit...

So I'm 40, no kids and running solo as well.
  • Serenity64
    Options
    48 and no kids. We do have two cats and a bird, though. :)
  • ImaRockstar2
    ImaRockstar2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This applies to me as well. We are a breed unto ourselves! :)
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    48 here and never had any desire for kids. All my children have FUR!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Early 40's, no human kids but 4 canine kids
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    45...no chillins!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    46, no kids, no husband. Its just me and the dog here. Feel free to add me.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    *waves* 40, no kids - we're not such a rare breed after all!
  • nickiw68
    nickiw68 Posts: 71
    Options
    Yep, 44 years old, no kids and still single :cry:
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I actually DO have 4 cats...so can you say CRAZY CAT LADY!?!? I don't care, call me crazy. Life is good - I am blessed. I should also add that I have a step-daughter from a previous marriage and we are still very close. So I can relate to step-moms, for sure.

Just so everyone knows, I never really wanted to have kids. People kept telling me that I would change my mind or that I would be missing out but none of that has applied to me. I have no regrets. Hubby and I love life the way it is. Someone mentioned that their pet is not a substitute for a child. I agree with that, except my "kids" think I'm their Mama and I'm happy to oblige.

So happy to meet everyone!

In my book 4 doesn't qualify you as crazy. My best friend (also my cousin) is married and chose not to have any kids. They had 12 cats at one point but are down to 8 cats & a dog right now. I'm almost 34....been married almost 12 yrs and we had to delay having kids due to chronic migraines. We started TTC late last year. Our animals have always been our children :)
  • Iamachocaholic
    Options
    WOWZAS ... and here I was feeling kind of lonely since almost everyone I know is married and has kids!

I have a cat and a dog, both of course, think they're human and entitled to everything "mom" gets ... LOL

Please feel free to add me ... :)
  • Patty_Petz
    Options
    43, no kids, no desire as far back as I can remember...I too thought I was an enigma. Good to see we are not alone! Friend away!
  • dmstilwell
    dmstilwell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    40 no kids
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    ME!! 43 years old as of last Saturday, married for nine years (coming up in May), and NO KIDDOS!
    Had my plumbing shut off 2 years ago.

Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    39 in July...no kids.

Currently single!

About 24lbs to lose. Feel free to add me :)
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am 49 with no kids:)
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    50 and no kids
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    41, happy marriage, no plans to procreate. There's enough to do!