Any 40-something women with no kids? Rare, I know.

Options

Replies

• smalacarne
    Options
    soon to be 43 and no kids! So nice to hear I'm not the only one out there!! thanks for posting :)
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    ME!!! I'm 41 with zero children and never been married!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    33, no kids, no husband, no boyfriend. Loving it. I know I don't qualify as 40's and childless, but I never want kids so I felt it didn't really matter what age I was! Same lifestyle really.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    36 and no kids. No not rare. My parents hate it but I love it!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    40 & only a four-legged kid for me, not necessarily by choice
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That would be me, I'll send you an invite now.
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    44, happily married for 16 years - Childfree by Choice! I have never, ever wanted kids (and neither did my husband), but it's amazing how society gives you #&^$%^ about that. Nice to see a few others on here.
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Just turned 54. No kids, unless you count my 2 kitties!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am 39 and as of March 1st of this year my husband and I are empty nesters and LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT!
  • knewme77
    knewme77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    53 and no kids, but 2 cats who rule.
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 33, am I allowed to join? lol
    I have one cat and that's all I need. I travel too much for anything else. :smile: I do not want kids anyway. I have two younger siblings (6 and 9) and plenty of nieces and nephews. I love being the crazy wild aunt who travels and sends cool stuff in the mail.
    I have worked hard to create this lifestyle and love the style I picked.
  • Lose20lbs38
    Options
    38, no kids, but two labs I adore...and some cats running around somewhere :D
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm about to turn 38 though so I'm close...with no kids by choice. DH and I decided years ago not to have them - we discussed it several times but always came to the same conclusion. Neither of us had a huge urge and we love our life just the way it is. Wish we could have fur babies but he's allergic to cats and we're gone too much to have a dog.

Thankfully, in my circle of friends, this has never been a problem. Of course we got the questions in our 20's but pretty much everyone who's had kids is going to have them so it's not even discussed anymore. In fact, there are three other couples who don't have kids and likely never will.

The only person in my life that has a problem with it is my mother. She had her hopes up for years but now that it's clear we're definitely never having kids, she'll bring it up now and then "poor me, no grandkids". Meh, her problem, not mine.
  • Snubbleup
    Snubbleup Posts: 66
    Options
    41, no kids by choice. Have one senior dog (our other one passed last year) and we spoil the nieces and nephews, then send them home. :wink:
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    44 here 2 boys age 18 and 28 but I could get rid of them if thats what it takes to belong.:laugh:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I've been saying I don't want kids since I was about 14. Nobody believed me then but they are starting to now that I am 40!

Same here, in fact I still sometimes get told 'you'll change your mind one day' :laugh:

Nice to see so many of us on here. I've always been made to feel weird because I've never wanted kids. One place I used to work I heard a rumour that I couldn't have kids and everyone should not mention kids to me because it would upset me. When I asked someone where this rumour started I was told 'We just assumed you couldn't because you don't have any' :huh:
  • djean2
    djean2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 but feel 40 :-) unless i'm walking, but no kids.
  • asitshouldbe
    Options
    Hey there, I thought there were none out there as well. I'm 49 no kids, only dogs and a husband! I sure would like more friends! I'm doing ViSalus for weight loss. How are you all and how are you being healthy.
  • asitshouldbe
    Options
    I always knew as well, since 10 or so. Why does everyone look at you like there is something wrong with you if you don't want kids? I always thought it was good not to have one when I knew I couldn't give it what it needed. Not like some people. I have my dogs and husband and am very content with that!
  • JustJessicaRabbit
    JustJessicaRabbit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, 44 and no kids, mostly by choice ha ha! :)