gained 4 pounds one day SERIOUSLY?

Options

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    love how everyone thinks you can just "go take a dump" any ol time you want.............

Drink coffee. Approximately 5 nanoseconds later you will have to poop.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    love how everyone thinks you can just "go take a dump" any ol time you want.............

Drink coffee. Approximately 5 nanoseconds later you will have to poop.

Known among coffee drinkers as CID. Caffeine Induced Dump.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    would like to eat a couple slices of pizza but no not five large, tx. BTW do men fluctuate as much as women

I can fluctuate 2-5 Lbs day to day depending on my sodium intake and whether or not I've dropped a deuce before I weigh in. Literally, I can drop a deuce and weigh about 2.5 Lbs less than I did 30 seconds before that.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    would like to eat a couple slices of pizza but no not five large, tx. BTW do men fluctuate as much as women

Yes. My weight from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed can vary by 6-7 lbs depending on what I ate, exercise, sodium intake, etc.

Take measurements of your arms, waist an navel, hips, thighs. Those will be move accurate overall than a scale and are a much better number to focus on reducing.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You can't!?
    Sorry...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Come on bro....don't forget about the pop tart sandwich!

Never forget.

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    yup weighed in this am first thing in the morning necked, and up 4 pounds from yesterday, the first day \I ate back my exercise calories, coincidence???
    Do you think you actually gained 4 pounds of fat? That would equate to a surplus of 14,000 calories of fat eaten. Relax, it's a little water weight and probably needed to do BETTER repair of muscle breakdown.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • slamb1020
    slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    sodium and water weight. Unless you ate like 5 large pizzas

mmmm pizza... lol
  • slamb1020
    slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Come on bro....don't forget about the pop tart sandwich!

Never forget.

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg

omgsh... now im getting hungry!! eekkkkk
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    poop. pee. reweigh.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I once lost 5 pounds in a 30 minute time span going pee and taking a hot bath.

Not at the same time I hope :sick:
    :tongue:
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have had days where I physically gained 10lbs in one day!!!
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Really shouldn't base your weight on daily fluctuations. That occurs all the time due to a myriad of reasons i.e. sodium intake the day (or even days) prior, water retained from exercise especially strength training.. etc. It would not be due to you over eating because, really, you don't just gain from a single day of "overeating" as you call it. And especially if you were on low calories for awhile, your body tends to compensate for that by hanging on to the food it gets when there is a sudden increase. Doesn't necessarily mean that you officially gained weight per se. Besides, measurements are the real indicator of whether or not you have lost fat. so take your measurements!
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I once lost 5 pounds in a 30 minute time span going pee and taking a hot bath.

Not at the same time I hope :sick:
    :tongue:

But it's such an easy way to keep the water hot!

:laugh:
  • justmom44
    justmom44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You should pick a set day and ONLY weigh yourself on that day..otherwise you are going to become very discouraged.
    I weigh myself on Saturday.....that way I know how hard I worked all week and it usually pays off! So pick a day, weigh yourself that day and DONT weigh yourself until the next week!
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    god, i wish...
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    To answer your questions directly...

Gained 4 pounds one day seriously? Yes.

...coincidence? Yes.

If you put 1 lb of food in your body... and you weight yourself before you're 100% sure to get it out of your body, you will weigh one more pound that day. Think of your stomach and intestines as a grocery bag... it gets heavier and lighter as you put stuff in and take stuff out.

I weigh myself everyday, but I am only counting the weight once a week and when it shows the lowest (which is when I know I have the least amount of water/food in my system).
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    yup weighed in this am first thing in the morning necked, and up 4 pounds from yesterday, the first day \I ate back my exercise calories, coincidence???
    According to your diary yesterday your net cals were only 912. You may have eaten some of your exercise cals back, but you didn't eat all of them.

I'm a daily weigher - it's just a habit and the numbers don't bother me. I can easily be up 3lbs one day, down 2 the next, up 1, down 3 - it's normal. Water weight, exercise, hormones, sodium - so many things can influence it.

Eat well, exercise, get good rest, repeat. Take measurements, weigh once a week if the daily numbers get to you. Track measurements and weigh over a period of time to gauge your progress.

This is good advice. If the scale freak you out that much, though, you should weigh in once a month. Weight loss isn't linear...weight fluctuates, and for some people it can fluctuate A LOT.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I typically gain 3-4 pounds the day after a race or endurance athletic event just from muscle swelling and water retention. Yes, it really can fluctuate that much in a day. Typically it levels back out 3-4 days later.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You have two choices. One, weigh yourself everyday and wreak havoc on yourself emotionally and mentally. Two, not weigh yourself daily and enjoy a peace of mind. I use to be a daily weigher for over 30 years and the stress was just too much.